Page 11 of 429 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Game looks awesome. Will probably pull me and my wife away from Destiny when it comes out in 2018. All the haters can hate, but the game looked amazing, especially on Xbox One X.

While it does say everything was captured in-game in real-time, there is A LOT of wiggle room in that statement. That is not the same as saying this is actual gameplay in the typical sense. Also: Since Windows and Xbone development are essentially synonymous now (Both running on Win10), you're likely seeing 4K content running on a high-end PC with dual or quad-SLI.

As far as loading screens go: It's possible there was none, or the trip through the tunnel is merely a cleverly disguised loading period much like Mass Effect used with the airlocks and decontamination screenings.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    While it does say everything was captured in-game in real-time, there is A LOT of wiggle room in that statement. That is not the same as saying this is actual gameplay in the typical sense. Also: Since Windows and Xbone development are essentially synonymous now (Both running on Win10), you're likely seeing 4K content running on a high-end PC with dual or quad-SLI.

As far as loading screens go: It's possible there was none, or the trip through the tunnel is merely a cleverly disguised loading period much like Mass Effect used with the airlocks and decontamination screenings.
    It was way too scripted for it to resemble anything approaching actual player experience. Watching that trailer I got a strong whiff of the Ubisoft trailers, particularly The Division and Watch Dogs. Designed for maximum hype but will bear little to no resemblance to the final product.

One thing you can be 100% sure is that you will not see those kinds of graphics in the final game. Crowbcat already has his future work cut out for him lol.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Also, I wish they would stop with this sort of ''banter''. Literally nobody talks like that when playing multiplayer games. I get that they can't have a bunch of teenagers throwing racist slurs on their mic or whatever, but at least try to make it sound natural.
    The way she responded to the NPC and then uses the same/similar voice for the group banter is almost at malicious levels of deceiving. That is probably what annoyed me the most here and it is very reminicent of some of the other fuck ups that the devs tried to hide in similar games.

I also prefer Bioware to make proper RPGs..

I assume their "live with the consequences" is essentially a rep/faction system that's been present in games for a long time now. Everquest for example, was heavily dependent on faction at times. IE: There was a dark elf necromancer that got to amiable with the wood elf city via grinding faction up. Velious expansion had Dwarf/Giant/Dragon factions and you could only be amiable with 2 of them, so had to choose your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The way she responded to the NPC and then uses the same/similar voice for the group banter is almost at malicious levels of deceiving.
    Two different people, you only hear the female player character say a single word in-game while the female player says plenty "out of game" chatter. The difference between player/NPC dialogue seems pretty clear to me.

It doesn't look like an RPG, I tend to buy BioWare games because they're RPGs but lately they seem like they're trying to appeal to the shooter crowds and the RPG elements seem to be getting worn down, i have absolutely no interest in Multiplayer and I probably won't buy this game if it's not an RPG or if multiplayer plays too big a role.

What I want from a BioWare game is a good RPG, not multiplayer.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All the haters can hate, but the game looked amazing, especially on Xbox One X.
    Implying there's any footage to compare to the "XBox One X footage"

Also friendly reminder to not get your expectations up too high from an E3 demo, we all know how much they can bullshit the graphics in those.
    (I'll still probably get it in 2018)

Deleted
    I'm not one of those people who have lost all faith in Bioware because of their latest game.

They've made 3 Dragon Age games that have all been spectacular, yes, even Dragon Age 2.

They've also made 3 great Mass Effect games.

That's a pretty good track record if you ask me. However with that being said, this trailer didn't really do anything for me, there wasn't enough substance to make me hyped, and because it isn't a sequel to anything, the IP itself won't get me excited either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Implying there's any footage to compare to the "XBox One X footage"

Also friendly reminder to not get your expectations up too high from an E3 demo, we all know how much they can bullshit the graphics in those.
    (I'll still probably get it in 2018)
    Doesn't matter. Still looked amazing in the video. Actual release graphics may not be quite that high, but it's still probably going to look amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post

While the actual graphics probably won't look quite that good on release, they DID say that it was actual Xbox One X gameplay footage. Probably doctored up, sure, but it was still heavily implied not to be PC gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    New IP's are always a risk, as you need to build an audience for them from the ground up. Using established IP's allows you to pull on the existing community/fans of that IP.

I'm surprised at how much hate this is getting from how little was shown off. Thought it looked pretty great overall, and definitely interested in more.
    Because bashing EA and Bioware is the new, hipster thing to do. So many ignorant and salty people in this thread it's ridiculous. People already judging an entire game based on a 10 minute long video. Mmkay.

I'll say it for what it is. The game looked amazing for what was shown. People hating at this point are just all jumping on the EA/Bioware hate wagon because it makes them feel good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Regardless of what others say I'll be playing Anthem. Looks fun. Also LuL "The game is bad because I say so, it hasn't launched yet and I haven't played it, but it's bad!"
    Pretty much. Just a bunch of ignorant gamers who love to hate EA because it's the cool thing to do now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Seems like Destiny competition.

Holding my breath for the visual downgrade, what we saw was graphically impressive. There's no way that makes it to consoles.
    What most of the blind people in this thread are failing to realize is that this genre of game needs more competition in it. Destiny is pretty much undisputed at this point after the failure of The Division. I'm hoping Anthem is good simply because it gives Bungie and Destiny actual competition, which means both Bioware and Bungie will have to work harder to stay relevant.

Everyone hoping or thinking this game will fail are only shooting the gaming industry in the foot by stagnating a genre of it. Common sense people, use it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    It's definitely not competition for Destiny since it's just a 4 player co-op game. It will definitely without a doubt be downgraded visually just like every big and beautiful open world E3 game before it.
    It will most certainly be competition for Destiny. They're both considered coop/shared world looter shooters. Anthem already has my Destiny clan in a buzz about playing it together. So I'd say it's already doing its job of giving Destiny competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    It looks like Evolve and Evolve was shit.
    Lol, it looks absolutely NOTHING like Evolve. Not sure what game you actually played, but this is nothing like Evolve....at all.

Deleted
    ok I should say it looks nice, and it has "ME3 - Multiplayers" vibe with the kind of action and X abilities on the bar thing
    I'm keeping a skeptical distance, but it's on my radar definitely.

This Anthem game looks mighty beautiful (like Andromeda), and hopefully it will have engaging quality content (unlike Andromeda) and isn't managed by people who don't play games or don't understand game development (like Andromeda, SWTOR, Inquisition).

What I suspect, however, actually I am very certain of it, is that this Anthem thing was conceived as part of the Mass Effect series, but following the bad publicity and the uncontrollable fan-hate on the internet they decided to separate it (and possibly end the ME franchise). Take the trailer as it is, edit the title to "Mass Effect: Anthem" and you have a Mass Effect game to continue some time after Andromeda's timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

It will most certainly be competition for Destiny. They're both considered coop/shared world looter shooters. Anthem already has my Destiny clan in a buzz about playing it together. So I'd say it's already doing its job of giving Destiny competition.
    I highly doubt it but that's just me. Destiny 2 has pvp and they're adding more mmo elements to it which imo will set it even further away from what Anthem is. I'm not shitting on the game or anything because it does look good.

I'm just saying one is going to be more singleplayer co-opish and that's fine but one will be more online, mmo-like which we all know has a much wider and greater appeal overall.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    This is the only way I would play this game. If I can't solo it then I won't bother with it and it's not because I don't have friends to play with, it's just that I find playing with friends has actually always been a detriment to my enjoyment to playing a game instead of a benefit. I rather do things at my own pace in games and playing with other people always gets in the way of that.
    Jeff (the Pope) Keighley was interviewing after the M$ conference, and the Bioware guy he was interviewing said you can play single player if you prefer.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Jeff (the Pope) Keighley was interviewing after the M$ conference, and the Bioware guy he was interviewing said you can play single player if you prefer.
    If this is true then I might give it a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks awesome. Will probably pull me and my wife away from Destiny when it comes out in 2018. All the haters can hate, but the game looked amazing, especially on Xbox One X.
    If the game continues to show promise, I'll be right there with ya.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only quoting you since it was the most recent one I read where the term was used. But can we start calling these games Shooter/Looters? The order of events reversed just don't make sense, lol. You can't loot what you didn't shoot. lol. Gotta shoot, then loot!

I'd think since you have a low tolerance for ignorance, you would be a good choice to add to the effort to change the terminology.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    this game is SO gonna get a graphics downgrade.... i hope it wont but... OMG it looks so unreal... cant believe it.

For some reason this is more interesting for me than Destiny was. I also loved the transition from the air into the water, looks beautiful. Question is if it'll stay that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    this game is SO gonna get a graphics downgrade.... i hope it wont but... OMG it looks so unreal... cant believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    For some reason this is more interesting for me than Destiny was. I also loved the transition from the air into the water, looks beautiful. Question is if it'll stay that way.
    The only way they can maintain that level of graphic quality, is if the areas are pretty small. They say it is open world, but it might be as open as Destiny is. Destiny has several planets which segments their world. I have a feeling this game may do something similar.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Its bioware and EAs attempt at Destiny