Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I totally agree with you here. Maybe high end content will get harder again but well look at HW launch. From my experience Bis and Rav were puggable in no time.
    Worst case, a reverse of how HW did it, where the early raids are a little easier than the ones that come later on. I would say the primals follow such a trend, but having spent maybe 2-3 hours tops in learning/clear groups for Zurvan EX, that wasn't the case. Thordan and Sephirot took about the same amount of time, but that was a year or more after they were out, so the massive jump in ilvl over that time span more than helped to make those fights exponentially easier.

While people may find it annoying, they need more mechanisms in place that prevent things like "skip soar" (which was overrated as shit, because that mechanic was basically ripped right out of Thordan EX and was never that complicated to me). Course, people still whine that they can't just tunnel dps on Leviathan EX and ignore all the mechanics because it's an old fight (saw such a complaint in shout chat yesterday or the day before).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure in your opinion overhauling the endgame isn't needed but if they make some tweaks to the end game and it gets more people playing and enjoying the endgame then that is likely a good thing. Personally I'd rather see things like an inventory space overhaul, a better market board/search function, a much easier to use dye/glamour system (wow's Xmog system is a prime example of how much nicer it is to see what you have available without having to select 'try on' for every item to find the right one), a better looking PotD so it isn't so boring staring at the same brick and mortar dungeons while grinding up classes to 60.

Speaking of grinding up classes to 60 I'd love for open world content to be rewarding again, it is so dead in many of the older zones and fates are largely ignored because the exp is so good in PotD.
    Inv space overhaul is happening when PS3 support ends in four days.

Dude FATES are gonna be even more ignored at the start of Stormblood. Everyone and their mother will be buying the 60 jump potion. But I agree. Open world content needs to be made worthwhile for levelling alts. As well as keeping PotD relevant at the same time.

But yeah if FF14 can do something to get more people playing then it should. It has so much more potential to appeal to both casuals and hardcores.

Overhauling the endgame isn't needed when it's consistently being nerfed? Ok then.

EX Primals need to be made hard again. Or given a 3rd difficulty. Because Sophia and Zurvan are jokes.

Savage Raiding continues to dip in difficulty because people are complaining yet ironically people asked Midas to be harder and then complained. Although we need Omega Savage out to see if this trend continues so in 4 weeks we shall see.

Overhauling the endgame is certainly needed when there are only 2 endgame dungeons of major relevance to do. Unify the dungeons. Increase the 60/70 ones ilvls each patch and throw the experts into that roulette to make one unified 60/70 roulette. That way the pool of dungeons becomes greater. Because the only relevance they have atm is going in for your 100 lore whereas 2 whole dungeons are a catchup mechanism.

I'd rather have a pool of dungeons to play than just two as well as them remaining fully relevant throughout the expansion other than just going back in for my daily 100 lore.
    Yeah I'm already dreading only having 2 worthwhile dungeons to do which was a major reason why my FC got bored on ARR's launch. I am all for having more dungeons to do that are rewarding in either gear or currency. I can't speak much to the raiding in FF right now but I know during the launch of HW the queueable raids were pretty weak.

Yeah I'm already dreading only having 2 worthwhile dungeons to do which was a major reason why my FC got bored on ARR's launch. I am all for having more dungeons to do that are rewarding in either gear or currency. I can't speak much to the raiding in FF right now but I know during the launch of HW the queueable raids were pretty weak.
    Most people got sick of it on HW launch because half the time it would pop Neverreap which led to the "Alwaysreap" thing.

Worst part of ARR is Amdapor Keep was the only worthwhile of the two. Wanderers Palace just took forever.

Inv space overhaul is happening when PS3 support ends in four days.

Dude Fates are gonna be even more ignored at the start of Stormblood. Everyone and their mother will be buying the 60 jump potion. But I agree. Open world content needs to be made worthwhile for levelling alts. As well as keeping PotD relevant at the same time.
    Doesn't the potion only work on one class at a time? If that is the case sure some people will be capped out on classes or level certain ones up but there should still be plenty of people grinding the old fashioned way, just there needs to be more viable options than PotD imo. From what I've heard you can't use PotD from 60-70 so at least 60+ content should see people doing fates and hunts for a while.

Doesn't the potion only work on one class at a time? If that is the case sure some people will be capped out on classes or level certain ones up but there should still be plenty of people grinding the old fashioned way, just there needs to be more viable options than PotD imo. From what I've heard you can't use PotD from 60-70 so at least 60+ content should see people doing fates and hunts for a while.
    Potion is restricted to 1 Job until 4.1. I'll probably throw it at WHM, DRK or MNK.

Not sure on PotD but I will be using it for RDM.

Most people got sick of it on HW launch because half the time it would pop Neverreap which led to the "Alwaysreap" thing.

Worst part of ARR is Amdapor Keep was the only worthwhile of the two. Wanderers Palace just took forever.
    Wasn't Amdapor Keep the one people would use the death skip trick on all the time? You'd have one person zoom ahead aggroing everything while the party lagged behind and would not get pulled into combat. The sacrificial lamb would run to one side with the enemies and die and you'd rez them and be at a boss right away. I know that isn't a thing anymore but it doomed people I knew because that was hella boring to do.

I have heard the Alwaysreap jokes and I would likely be making the same joke if I had to only do 2 dungeons all the time. How they thought that was a good idea to continue in HW after how dull it was in ARR I'll never know. I'm really hoping that won't be the case in SW.

- - - Updated - - -

Potion is restricted to 1 Job until 4.1. I'll probably throw it at WHM, DRK or MNK.

Yeah I'll be maining RDM most likely so first thing I'll be doing is 50-60 grinding in PotD. I don't think I'll have any need of the potion as I already have my other class 60 at least.

Wasn't Amdapor Keep the one people would use the death skip trick on all the time? You'd have one person zoom ahead aggroing everything while the party lagged behind and would not get pulled into combat. The sacrificial lamb would run to one side with the enemies and die and you'd rez them and be at a boss right away. I know that isn't a thing anymore but it doomed people I knew because that was hella boring to do.

I have heard the Alwaysreap jokes and I would likely be making the same joke if I had to only do 2 dungeons all the time. How they thought that was a good idea to continue in HW after how dull it was in ARR I'll never know. I'm really hoping that won't be the case in SW.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'll be maining RDM most likely so first thing I'll be doing is 50-60 grinding in PotD. I don't think I'll have any need of the potion as I already have my other class 60 at least.
    Not sure for ARR. Only reason I know is because I do my research on things like this. But Stormblood dungeon wise it's getting a bit worse.

Instead of 2 dungeons per patch now this is the formula.

1 dungeon per odd patch and replacing the missing one will be a unique piece of content. No idea what it is yet.
    2 dungeons per even patch.

I mean if this new content replacing the dungeon turns out to be crap then I'll start to get skeptical about the direction of the game. Already am a little bit with their PvE design direction recently.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-12 at 09:36 PM.

Not sure for ARR. Only reason I know is because I do my research on things like this. But Stormblood dungeon wise it's getting a bit worse.

Instead of 2 dungeons per patch now this is the formula.

1 dungeon per odd patch and replacing the missing one will be a unique piece of content. No idea what it is yet.
    2 dungeons per even patch.
    Then they really should just open up more dungeons for the queue because that is....brutal sounding.

Then they really should just open up more dungeons for the queue because that is....brutal sounding.
    Really is. And remember ARR was 3 dungeons per patch. 2 Hard modes and 1 unique one.

I love Japanese companies, when they fail, they apologize, and now their honour is at stake, their corporate mentality is to do their utmost best to get it right.

This is what they did with FFXIV on the reboot, and they went through everything and went above. Shows you when you do a job thoroughly well, when you put full effort into the game, people will play. And they will stay.

They give you depth in every department, they are thorough, and they iterate enough to make sure they deliver. Now blizzard did a little of this for Legion.. look how many people started playing again...although the quality in the patches dipped and they are not as expansive, I think they can take lessons from FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I love Japanese companies, when they fail, they apologize, and now their honour is at stake, their corporate mentality is to do their utmost best to get it right.

This is what they did with FFXIV on the reboot, and they went through everything and went above. Shows you when you do a job thoroughly well, when you put full effort into the game, people will play. And they will stay.

They give you depth in every department, they are thorough, and they iterate enough to make sure they deliver. Now blizzard did a little of this for Legion.. look how many people started playing again...although the quality in the patches dipped and they are not as expansive, I think they can take lessons from FFXIV.
    I mean WoW is still more popular/making more money so sure there are some lessons to be learned from FFXIV. But don't forget FFXIV could learn some lessons from WoW too. It goes both ways.

I mean WoW is still more popular/making more money so sure there are some lessons to be learned from FFXIV. But don't forget FFXIV could learn some lessons from WoW too. It goes both ways.
    Absolutely. It's not limited to those two games, though. FF14 would benefit immensely from a transmog/wardrobe system akin to WoW/D3 (I include D3 because I've seen that iteration of the wardrobe system), but both would benefit greatly from Guild Wars 2's dye system. Of course, that latter bit would be an absolute pipe dream of mine for both games, so at the very least, import WoW/D3 wardrobe system into FF14.

I think when talking about the wardrobe system its more of a when and not an if.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Define success..
    The largest and most played Subscription MMO in the history of Videogames that has had more active accounts than the rest of Sub MMO's combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Worst case, a reverse of how HW did it, where the early raids are a little easier than the ones that come later on. I would say the primals follow such a trend, but having spent maybe 2-3 hours tops in learning/clear groups for Zurvan EX, that wasn't the case. Thordan and Sephirot took about the same amount of time, but that was a year or more after they were out, so the massive jump in ilvl over that time span more than helped to make those fights exponentially easier.

While people may find it annoying, they need more mechanisms in place that prevent things like "skip soar" (which was overrated as shit, because that mechanic was basically ripped right out of Thordan EX and was never that complicated to me). Course, people still whine that they can't just tunnel dps on Leviathan EX and ignore all the mechanics because it's an old fight (saw such a complaint in shout chat yesterday or the day before).
    Zurvan was in a weird spot for a raid, as it was outdated content the minute it was released. I believe they intended it as a raid to give the people who weren't actually raiding Alexander something to do and the ability to somewhat catch up. Not that I necessarily agree with it. But if you were to make it harder, you'd need to add commensurate reward, and they were a bit stuck of what they could actually add that didn't trump A12S, and accessories were already slated to go to proto-Ultima.

Zurvan would have been a much more balanced fight had it been released at 3.4 instead of Sophia.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

although the quality in the patches dipped and they are not as expansive, I think they can take lessons from FFXIV.
    They cared because they lost money. If they had honor 1.0 wouldn't have happened. They set themselves up for failure.

I'll be getting RDM to 60 on Friday, alongside a bazillion other RDM and SAM, using PotD. After that I'll be using RDM to do the story content of Stormblood.

According to someone who gathered data from lodestone, active characters over lvl 35 are around 600k.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The largest and most played Subscription MMO in the history of Videogames that has had more active accounts than the rest of Sub MMO's combined.
    Just like Justin Bieber