Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Wrong, that means that you'll have a set ammount of time to develop your mod, fail, and they'll put the blame on you and then proceed to sue you
    Now I'm incredibly skeptical of this system myself.

But that's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    Bethesda doesn't even quality control their main Elder Scrolls titles and somehow you expect them to enforce it in their paid mods?
    Exactly...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    Bethesda doesn't even quality control their main Elder Scrolls titles and somehow you expect them to enforce it in their paid mods?
    there more or less hiring people to make dlc i expect the same quality we get in dlc.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, that means that you'll have a set ammount of time to develop your mod, fail, and they'll put the blame on you and then proceed to sue you
    im sure the'll nuke the world to while there at it and rerelease the black plague while there at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Now I'm incredibly skeptical of this system myself.

But that's just ridiculous.

Exactly...
    Why not? you agreed to made a mod for them in, lets say, 1 week, and you get your money, that legally binds you to a contract with them for a service wich, if you dont make in said week, would be failing to provide them the service that you were hired for

Why not? you agreed to made a mod for them in, lets say, 1 week, and you get your money, that legally binds you to a contract with them for a service wich, if you dont make in said week, would be failing to provide them the service that you were hired for
    Then that's your fault? For agreeing to nonsense in a legally binding contract.

I mean if you agree to legally binding anything you shouldn't exactly be retarded about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly it all looks like bethesda wants to go the same road some japanese games went and we will end up with DLC like "Neko maid outfit - 5.99 euro".

Its clear they want to push in direction of less content for more money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly it all looks like bethesda wants to go the same road some japanese games went and we will end up with DLC like "Neko maid outfit - 5.99 euro".

Its clear they want to push in direction of less content for more money.
    how is it less content? they make game person makes mod for that game person who made mod gets paid.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    QA'd by Bethesda
    I literally LOLed when I read that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not how that would happen, at all. Likely, if Bethesda would set a ridiculous deadline like that (which they wouldn't) and it wasn't met, the worst that would happen is that the DLC would be in a shoddy state and wouldn't be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    and wouldn't be released.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha, remember the stupid and game breaking bugs skyrim had at release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here someone much more well-spoken, a guy VERY well known and loved in the WoW community I might add, explains what this means:

Here someone much more well-spoken, a guy VERY well known and loved in the WoW community I might add, explains what this means: /snip
    Yeah, Oxhorn is always calm and collected when it comes to drama such as this. I love watching his lore videos.
    However, I don't think it's going to do much. The internet rather prefers to overreact and throw hissy fits instead of choosing to become informed.

Here's a great video by Gopher explaining it, he's a well-known modder and Youtuber making videos of mods.

When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

If the stuff you buy is relative to the impact it has to the game, I really don't care. IE: Huge questing zone added, $20. Golden crab, $1. The latter is obviously much more greedy but the former is totally fine with me. The pricing is what concerns me with this system not the actual system itself -- considering mods will continue to exist and this is just an official way to add more content to the game and justify the means way past the games creation date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray for modpiracy i guess?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If the stuff you buy is relative to the impact it has to the game, I really don't care. IE: Huge questing zone added, $20. Golden crab, $1. The latter is obviously much more greedy but the former is totally fine with me. The pricing is what concerns me with this system not the actual system itself -- considering mods will continue to exist and this is just an official way to add more content to the game and justify the means way past the games creation date.
    Crabs might be a quest mod. Mad blacksmith has been trying to build an army of mudcrabs. You hunt him through one or two radiant dungeons, unlock Dwemer Mudcrab Shell armor for your character.

If it means that big mods like the oblivion and morrowind mods come out faster and better, it would be worth it as long as they don't cost too much. I would also pay for a mod that puts class and weapon abilities in skyrim like elder scrolls online.

Crabs might be a quest mod. Mad blacksmith has been trying to build an army of mudcrabs. You hunt him through one or two radiant dungeons, unlock Dwemer Mudcrab Shell armor for your character.
    Yeah, things that actually add to the gameplay but have the relative cost and enjoyment are totally fine to me. But, buying a cheap quest to play is pretty 'eh' to me. Rather wait for a bundle where I'd spend, say, $10 for about 4 - 8 hours of questing instead of many different separate purchases.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hooray for modpiracy i guess?
    its new originally mods only.

I think having an open license where anyone can charge whatever they like for mods just leads to flooding the market with poorly thoughtout mods trying for a quick buck, and ends up "hiding" the good mods from the view of the average consumer.

Having some basic Quality Assurance and licensing by the original property holder makes sense, and leads to more committed developers releasing quality mods.

And hopefully, if both the owner and the mod developers both get a slice of the cake... it creates an incentive for the original developers to provide better support for the mod developers.

FUCK SKYRIM, seriously. I'm fucking tired of that game being remade and remade and remade and remade. I want a new Elder Scrolls game, it's been too long. In the time since Skyrim I have planned a wedding, had a wedding, changed jobs 3 times, had a kid, and my kid is now old enough to play Skyrim. FUCK SKYRIM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    how is it less content? they make game person makes mod for that game person who made mod gets paid.
    "less content for more money". They want to release assload of small DLCs with no content at all so they can charge for each of them. And boom, sex items ends up costing as much as expansion would do.