Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Its kinda of sad seeing humanity is reduced to "Let them die" mentality.
    This may sound very cynical to you, but this may be the only way to stop traffickers. This, or the Australian method. If we keep working together with traffickers the influx of migrants and them drowning will never end, the brain/muscledrain from their home countries will never end, and trafficking will never end, while the traffickers get shit dirty rich from us helping them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So are they calling these Syrian refugees because one of the survivors was?

Because Zuwarah is a world renowned human smuggling port and you get anything and everything coming through there....including child rapists which would explain why they had wounded children on board.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Just because they are a lot darker than the typical Syrian, do not have Syrians accents even if they can speak Arabic and could not point out Syria on a map, let alone name anywhere in Syria, does not necessarily mean they are not Syrian. They might just be very forgetful and spent a lot of time getting a tan.
    They are from the Samolian province of Syria, Syria is a very broad, large and odd place encompassing much of Africa and Asia and maybe South East Asia? Who knows. Syria is huge apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Cruelty of letting few sink would save far more poeple. They would simply learn that sea is dangerous, but that would mean human trafficking bands lose theirs profits...

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Wounded children aboard, huh. Did they molest them to that point? Why are we even supposed to feel anything for these wretches leaping onto faulty boats for the promise of welfare checks?
    I don't expect someone who posts shit like that to feel anything for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Cruelty of letting few sink would save far more poeple. They would simply learn that sea is dangerous, but that would mean human trafficking bands lose theirs profits...
    You're living in a world of make-believe in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane if you think that the dangers of a sea voyage will deter refugees from trying to flee shitty countries. They give all their money to predatory asshole people smugglers just to escape, they're fucking desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

You're living in a world of make-believe in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane if you think that the dangers of a sea voyage will deter refugees from trying to flee shitty countries. They give all their money to predatory asshole people smugglers just to escape, they're fucking desperate.
    how people can still believe this? most of them leave latvia because it was not comfortable enough for them, they don't seek safety if they leave safe countries because they want more comfortable life, they go to germany or sweden because thats where they get money

7+ Year Old Account
    Pot meet kettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Wounded children aboard, huh. Did they molest them to that point? Why are we even supposed to feel anything for these wretches leaping onto faulty boats for the promise of welfare checks?
    Pathetic. Sit back and spew bullshit while you're sitting in the comfort of a country not devastated by war. But people like you would be the first ones crying for and expecting refuge and help if the shit hit the fan where you're at. But you've given yourself away. Only betas talk like you do. 100% passive/aggressive betas.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Was that supposed to be an insult? Stop projecting. All you're doing is virtue-signaling and talking smack on a WoW forum, it's not like you have any real social capital for pointing the feels-fingers anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Pathetic. Sit back and spew bullshit while you're sitting in the comfort of a country not devastated by war. But people like you would be the first ones crying for and expecting refuge and help if the shit hit the fan where you're at. But you've given yourself away. Only betas talk like you do. 100% passive/aggressive betas.
    Thank you for proving me right.

Deleted
    The smuggling is getting out of hand and what's even worse European authorities are involved and working closely with the traffickers. At this point they should just torpedo every boat that has "refugees" on it and that will hopefully discourage any more trafficking attempts. A number of people will die but it is better solution then see Europe overrun and reduced to a 3rd world ghetto while helping traffickers. When / If the trafficking stops we should gather all involved including politicians that allowed it, put them on a boat, torpedo them and make a national day out of it.

For all the westerners out there that are living the sheltered lives and have no idea about war and being a refugee...there are plenty of muslim countries around they can seek shelter from, no need to come to Europe (unless there is something entirely else at work here).

because they are not refugess because war - they are refugess because of social benefits and jihad they declared against EU

they should have stayed and fight for their country - like EU countries did during WW2

Deleted
    The sad part is they often sink their own boats just of the Libyan coast so they get picked up by EU vessels.
    If the help doesn't get there in time, most if not all will drown.

Imo, the EU better just occupy the entire North African coast to prevent them doing this in the coming years/decades.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should Italy make their problems their own. You want to Cross the ocean and illegally settle in another country, suffer the consequences of possible failure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I got a boner from reading just the few pages of this thread. It's wonderful to see the cultural enrichment over the years has finally knocked some sense into people.

I'd also like to know how many of these child refugees are over the age of 25 and how many of these Syrians ever stepped foot in Syria.
    It's worthwhile to note that the same kind of people were against it when it started, only the tone of the medium has changed. The other side is still delusional and still keeps blathering about the Humane Horror of the Month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the first to admit.. If I see someone drink bleach, I won't bother calling 911. The warnings are on the bottle, more warnings are on the bottle, and they didn't stop when their throat started burning.

They chose to ignore that, and drink bleach.

Replace drink bleach with attempt to illegally enter another country through dubious means on an unreliable vehicle and PREY UPON the naive good nature of another country to rescue them from their own dumbassery.

You can feel bad about the "children" (I use quotes because it is true that a variable number of these so called kids are closer to 21 than 18).. and still, more so, be outraged at parents and adults who consigned them to such a journey. At some point, a Country needs to be willing acknowledge when they are being duped.. accept the initial PR backlash, and be willing to have a backbone about something. Target the gangs/groups peddling this shit, Target the families who use it, and target the people abusing the system to break the law.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They refuse to go back, it is a legal nightmare to send them back and, if you do manage to actually get them back, then they come over later in another rickety boat.

Until we can make it so that zero get accepted using illegal means, then they will keep coming, keep dying and keep endangering the lives of other Mediterranean Sea users, by tying up finite resources.
    I get the problem, I really do. I still believe however that those problems aren't reason enough to let people die over, not intentionally anyway.

Except most people on those boats are not coming from countries ravaged by war, like most migrants not coming from countries ravaged by war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, they should have been doing that from the start. Actively sinking the ships would be better, but it is a start

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    Doesn't matter to me who these people on the ship were or where they came from, this is a genuinely rotten decision of whoever was in charge. It is disturbing to say the least. Illegally trying to enter countries or not, you do save people in mortal danger, anything else is just.. Disgusting. Besides there are ways of dealing with them AFTER saving them, like taking them back to where they came from....

Compassion isn't a bad trait to have as a human being, quite the opposite!
    This. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    No one would let them die. If you jump off a bridge and no one catches you, did anyone let you die, or have you just done something that is more than likely to kill you?
    I see this kind of analogy a lot and it keeps annoying me. The people doing this are suicidal. They are taking a risk, yes (one that was obviously downplayed to them by whatever trafficker they paid all their money to for the voyage) but their intent is not death or self harm. Most of these people have no idea how long the journey by sea really is or how dangerous, likely never having been on a boat. It is stupidity, yes, along with desperation. But your analogy falls flat when it comes to possible positive outcomes, and therefore intent.