Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There is plenty of that going on in the US. No need for concern there. lol.
    Its been ever-present in American culture/journalism/entertainment pretty much since the beginning. Its also an expression of our freedom to do so as opposed to the many countries where such a thing is forbidden. While I don't always find it entertaining or in good taste I'm generally not opposed. With notable exception though, because personally:
    The only thing I think is disgusting however and crosses the line of expressing one's opinion and goes into the realm of shit trash, is when one depicts the execution of our President. Such a thing was also done to Obama when images of him were shown which showed a dummy being hung. Absolutely crossed the line.
    I agree 100%.

While we're drawing Presidents as animals.... where is that monkey picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    No joke, my need for a print of this is mighty. If the kid's smart, he'll pop it up on RedBubble or whatever other art/print website the kids are using these days. He'll likely pull in a decent college fund.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    you shouldn't be allowed to disagree with or satirize the president
    If you want to live in a country where the population isn't allowed to disagree with or satirize its leaders then move to North Korea and see what that kind of setup is like for the general population.

Deleted
    All of you crying "freedom of speech" yet if the kid would have drawn Muhammad eating pork it would have been taken down even faster. It's a school...ofc it should adibe of <no controversy> rule. Wanna be edgy? Go modern art private gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Well, to be fair submitting a painting of Obama as a chimp hanging from a tree with a banana would be equally as offensive. You could have entitled the painting "Commander-In-Chimp" It's either ok to mock the President in the same fashion or it's not.
    Didn't know Capitalist Pig was racist in the scope of referring to a black man as a chimp, but okay.

Also can't help but think that you're blissfully unaware of the things that already exist.

Is it me or does the burning part of the flag look really half-ass compared to the rest of the picture?

The article just says the painting was removed "due to complaints." It'd be nice if they had an actual quote from the school with the reasoning. But the kid took it well. Wonder if this will keep him out of Harvard, though? Trump memes are dank.

For all the people who asked about Obama being painted as a chimp or w/e: I didn't like him at all but there's about a million historical reasons why painting Trump as a pig is not as offensive as painting Obama as a monkey would have been. And Obama was satirized pretty heavily, no one remembers the magazine cover with the Muslim fist-bump? I wish people would get the hell over this Trump BS already and move on but to compare this to Obama is just silly. Every president faces criticism and satire, the only difference is the public support that president has.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Classic triggered right wing snowflakes censoring our freedom of speech. When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Well, to be fair submitting a painting of Obama as a chimp hanging from a tree with a banana would be equally as offensive. You could have entitled the painting "Commander-In-Chimp" It's either ok to mock the President in the same fashion or it's not.
    Except that thats actual racist imagery. Theres nothing racist about portraying Trump as a pig(which he acts like quite often), while portraying a black person as any sort of primate is a well-known racist trope. So no, not the same fashion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Wow the student's reaction to them taking it down was quite mature. With that mindset and talent, that kid's going places.
    Don't forget this publicity. That kid might've already gone places.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I meant actual positive stuff, not made up spinning nonsense.

Indulge me, though.
    Irony... you're looking at it, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iriluun View Post
    Except that thats actual racist imagery. Theres nothing racist about portraying Trump as a pig(which he acts like quite often), while portraying a black person as any sort of primate is a well-known racist trope. So no, not the same fashion at all.
    Boo-hoo. I like how everything offensive to a minority is racist.

good for the school, pretty sure had it been obama as a monkey people would be screaming from the trees ( >.> )
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Boo-hoo. I like how everything offensive to a minority is racist.
    Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Not everything offensive is racist. But if you're going to argue that portraying a black guy as a monkey isn't racist, you're an idiot.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Trump is the only dictator in history nobody is afraid to criticize openly.

Honestly, it's not a great piece. It's teen edge slapping at low hanging fruit without any finesse or subtlety. Which is to be expected, as a sixteen year old's political expressions are generally about as valuable as dog shit.
    And to be clear, I don't say this out of support for Trump. I hate Trump. I just really fucking hate teenagers.

However, I think the school is in the wrong. They were inviting controversial pieces with their art show given the theme, The piece is not overtly offensive, and their refusal to stand up for one of their own students speaks to a lack of integrity from the staff.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    That picture is genius

Kinda immature but w/e. I wonder how folks would have reacted if it was a picture of obama.

With that being said, i don't believe in censoring art or speech, so it should have been allowed to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iriluun View Post
    White people are often referred to as pigs or "pinky" by black people.

Thats why one of the slang terms that black people use for money is "pig faces"

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    White people are often referred to as pigs or "pinky" by black people.

Thats why one of the slang terms that black people use for money is "pig faces"
    Capitalist Pig

Oh man, it's so racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Didn't know Capitalist Pig was racist in the scope of referring to a black man as a chimp, but okay.

Also can't help but think that you're blissfully unaware of the things that already exist.
    Both are offensive, I didn't realize that the reasons they are offensive made that much of a difference.
    Both were done satirically, you can't accept one without the other. There is simply no middle ground, pretending there is shows bias.