Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

AK research time reduced!

Rejoice, returning players and people that just aren't AK40 yet! Very soon you will not have to spend weeks trying to "catch up" to everyone else:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’re currently working on a hotfix intended to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the Artifact Knowledge cap of 40, in order to allow returning players to catch up more quickly.

Specifically, this hotfix will reduce the time it takes to research ranks of Artifact Knowledge between 26 and 40 to approximately 4 hours each. We hope to make this retroactive to any work orders already in progress when the hotfix is applied. Once these changes are live, a returning player should be able to reach the maximum level of Artifact Knowledge in only a few days.

This hotfix will require extensive testing, but our goal is to apply it within the next day or so.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...search-hotfix/

That's pretty awesome, don't you think? If you're at AK40 this does NOTHING to you so no reason to complain, but if you're a bit behind, you can now catch up in days instead of weeks.

Attention slackers and crybabies. Please redirect your complaints from artifact knowledge catchup to the random nature of legendary acquisition.

Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a good thing. It helps close the gap between those who have 52+ traits and those without them. It makes changing specs less painful as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    they could take away everything in this patch but keep this and id be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's a good thing. It helps close the gap between those who have 52+ traits and those without them. It makes changing specs less painful as well.
    That seems unrelated. Anyone that played the game should have 40 already, it only applies to people that didn't play since 7.2 launched, and thus are behind on AK.

But one thing is for sure, with AK40 and active play, you can get to 52 in a week at most.

does nothing for me, but as far as catch up mechanics go - this is a very decent one. good.

Deleted
    I think you're reading it wrong. There is no change to the AP gain, so no change to getting Concordance or switching specs. It's only for those that are not at AK40 yet.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit I just came back and was pretty bummed that I only had AK26 and had to wait two days to get AK27. This is great news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I think you're reading it wrong. There is no change to the AP gain, so no change to getting Concordance or switching specs. It's only for those that are not at AK40 yet.
    He means that people that didn't have AK40 yet will be able to get it fast so they will catch up to those with 52+ traits.

So basically the whole AP thing is pretty much pointless and a shitty design, and Blizzard grudgingly recognizes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    That seems unrelated. Anyone that played the game should have 40 already, it only applies to people that didn't play since 7.2 launched, and thus are behind on AK.

But one thing is for sure, with AK40 and active play, you can get to 52 in a week at most.
    I get 40 tonight and took 1 week off after 7.2. Anyone that is casual or took extended time off would be much further behind.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet, I can get the last few ranks quickly. I was looking at another ten days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    So basically the whole AP thing is pretty much pointless and a shitty design, and Blizzard grudgingly recognizes it.
    exactly. they trivialized it means they took it out of the calculation for balancing because it was basically not possible.

=> they recognized the failure of that system and just gave everybody the chance to obtain max in very short time

10+ Year Old Account
    This will help with some ALTS I have still leveling up AK, a nice change indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    AK directly effects AP gain though. The end goal is to reach 52 points. That will be a barrier to entry soon in raids and pugs. So anyone with less than 40 AK will be happy as they can catch up faster.

Plus if you're a returning player it's less painful to change artifact specs at 40 AK then say AK 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    This will help with some ALTS I have still leveling up AK, a nice change indeed.
    You do know that you can buy AK40 tokens on any character that has AK40 and send them to your alts? no need to level them all up.

Sweet, finally they're essentially getting rid of that terrible system(for now)

- - - Updated - - -

I get 40 tonight and took 1 week off after 7.2. Anyone that is casual or took extended time off would be much further behind.
    Why would people who are casual be further behind? It took like 30 min to unlock the research once 7.2 hit(so easily within 1 session of a casual player), and there's absolutely no reason to ever have 0 AK researches going.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how they said that it is not better to wait for later in the expansion to get higher AK and then easily get AP? That every bit of AP matters?
    Well, they lied.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Is this a joke? They already went too far by making rank 40 purchaseable. Does it affect me at all? No, but it is annoying to see blizzard up the stakes over and over for undermining the accomplishments of people who play the game and don't take breaks every 2 months. This completely trivialized the entire system. Why even have It? Just give everyone ak40 and skip the song and dance.

Great for those it affects.

Rest of us can just hand over the instant 40 AK I guess. :P