There must be something wrong here...

Excuse me but the whole rotation of demon hunter is basically open cds + spam chaos strike + use fury on cd? i cant find any other spell on the spellbook who makes sense to use on st fights , maybe the beam buts thats it , if thats true then thats a big shame to blizzard for making other classes very complex (shadow priest for ex) while other classes can spam 1 button and make far more dps than you , BIG SHAME.

Use meta ,chaos blades ,nemesis on opener.
    Use felblade first then spamm chaos strike and use felblade procs to keep fury high enough to spamm.
    If fury isnt enough use throw glaive and felrush.
    If near a wall use vengfullretreat as another filler.

Yep thats about it xD
    Kinda miss the momentum build. Feels wrong having 25%more dmg for 1 minute on a 2min cd. Tho momentum really sucked on some fights were you couldnt felrush freely.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Well what about Blade Dance, Felblade (or in general Fury management), Fel Rush etc.? To maximize your DPS to be competitive (for example in my guild) it's a bit more then just pressing CS when possible.

Don't get me wrong... the rotation is not really complex but saying just bring your CD's up and pressing one button regardless the spec is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Silla View Post
    Well what about Blade Dance, Felblade (or in general Fury management), Fel Rush etc.? To maximize your DPS to be competitive (for example in my guild) it's a bit more then just pressing CS when possible.

Don't get me wrong... the rotation is not really complex but saying just bring your CD's up and pressing one button regardless the spec is just wrong.
    And the winner of the who is that person that doesn't have enough mastery and dinner bell goes to!

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    And the winner of the person who obviously doesn't have enough mastery and dinner bell goes to!
    pretty much this. chaos strike should literally be the only thing you mash during meta and cd's as you are getting annihilate/mastery chaos damage+ damage modifiers. felblade if it proccs and you aren't flooded with fury

Well, "the community" hated on Momentum and wanted to see it completely gone instead of basing Havoc DH entirely on that very unique concept and improving its strengths while eliminating its weaknesses. They got a boring snooze-fest and another generic class XYZ instead. Well deserved. Though, also Blizzard's fault for caving in and Legion class "design" in general.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

And the winner of the who is that person that doesn't have enough mastery and dinner bell goes to!
    Well... I probably missed the part where he referred to the meta phase.

Quote Originally Posted by steelmaggot View Post
    pretty much this. chaos strike should literally be the only thing you mash during meta and cd's as you are getting annihilate/mastery chaos damage+ damage modifiers. felblade if it proccs and you aren't flooded with fury
    Unless something has changed dramatically and I missed it, with First Blood Blade Dance (ie Death Sweep) is higher priority than Chaos Strike (or anything else for that matter) during Meta. You should be casting it immediately when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Unless something has changed dramatically and I missed it, with First Blood Blade Dance (ie Death Sweep) is higher priority than Chaos Strike (or anything else for that matter) during Meta. You should be casting it immediately when it becomes available.
    Not with 7.2 and good mastery/crit. Chaos Cleave was better than first blood, and we never had to deal with any spender other than Chaos Strike. A lot of DHs never got the memo. Sounds like you were one of them. Top 7.2 single target play was all Chaos Strike, generators, and fillers as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Not with 7.2 and good mastery/crit. Chaos Cleave was better than first blood, and we never had to deal with any spender other than Chaos Strike. A lot of DHs never got the memo. Sounds like you were one of them. Top 7.2 single target play was all Chaos Strike, generators, and fillers as needed.
    Like I said, "with first blood". Chaos Cleave isn't automatically better with 7.2 for every single Havoc, First Blood still sims higher for some (even after the sim fix) based on gear/stats. Once you're at higher gear and Cleave takes over then sure, you'd obviously not use Blade Dance without First Blood.

Sure, but with optimized gear, first blood just wasn't a thing.

While I do not disagree with you that havoc rotation is "simple" and, truthfully, a little dull, no class in this current game right now is "very complex". Go play any class for a day and you will realize that while some classes have a less forgiving rotation, like if you miss a button or press something out of order, they are not actually complex and are actual easy to learn and be good at.

And as others have mentioned with gear, if you don't have optimized stats/gear at any ilvl you will not be performing well on the charts.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    There must be something wrong here...
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief
    Business men, they drink my wine
    Plowman dig my earth
    None were level on the mind
    Nobody up at his word
    Hey, hey
    No reason to get excited
    The thief he kindly spoke
    There are many here among us
    Who feel that life is but a joke
    But, uh, but you and I, we've been through that
    And this is not our fate
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late, hey
    All along the watchtower
    Princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went
    Barefoot servants, too
    Outside in the cold distance
    A wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching
    And the wind began to howl
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberveil View Post
    While I do not disagree with you that havoc rotation is "simple" and, truthfully, a little dull, no class in this current game right now is "very complex". Go play any class for a day and you will realize that while some classes have a less forgiving rotation, like if you miss a button or press something out of order, they are not actually complex and are actual easy to learn and be good at.

And as others have mentioned with gear, if you don't have optimized stats/gear at any ilvl you will not be performing well on the charts.
    Respectfully as a fellow DH I disagree, the rotation (with Nemesis) is simple, but I do agree on the second part of your statement that not many classes at the moment are difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Respectfully as a fellow DH I disagree, the rotation (with Nemesis) is simple, but I do agree on the second part of your statement that not many classes at the moment are difficult.
    Err yah that's what I said

and dinner bell
    Did the nerf for bell ever go through? Or is it still just worth using even with the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    Did the nerf for bell ever go through? Or is it still just worth using even with the nerf?
    dinnerbell nerf is in, even if it does give you your best secondary stat its value has been halved due to you being in a dps spec much like regular dps trinkets being used by disc priests whose value becomes halved when in a healing spec.

Please consult your simulation stat weights. Mastery is no longer our highest priority it becomes CRIT/HASTE/VERSATILITY though t20 may change this but for current gear this is the case. I am ilvl 912.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Excuse me but the whole rotation of demon hunter is basically open cds + spam chaos strike + use fury on cd? i cant find any other spell on the spellbook who makes sense to use on st fights , maybe the beam buts thats it , if thats true then thats a big shame to blizzard for making other classes very complex (shadow priest for ex) while other classes can spam 1 button and make far more dps than you , BIG SHAME.
    Blade dance is used on ST

Throw Glaive is a filler when low on fury

fel rush if capable of staying on target is a dps increase and should be used when possible w/o cutting out CS or BD

but realistically no classes have huge toolkits anymore.