39 41.49%
  • We are fine as we are not expecting anything

7 7.45%
  • Stay the same

9 9.57%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    grats, one more class in front of mine

4pc down to 10% now (5% if you play STM)....

Quote Originally Posted by kathor View Post
    .... I hope it does not push Mindbender too far ahead of PI with our 4pcs bonus.
    Mindbender is already ahead of PI imo. Feels like a PI nearly every (other) void form that can generate insanity during movement.

How do you mean exactly we have mechanic problems?
    We still have zero AOE and zero burst, so we're still by far the worst spec for mythic+.

How do you mean exactly we have mechanic problems?
    -no burst damage/aoe
    -long ramp up time
    -bad mobility
    -mind sear is really awkward to use now due to requiring SWP on the target, can't channel on the tank anymore

among other things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doofy View Post
    4pc down to 10% now (5% if you play STM)....
    everyone over a certain contribution % got the bat for tier sets.. which was almost every class.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    We still have zero AOE and zero burst, so we're still by far the worst spec for mythic+.
    Not even a little bit. Doing higher keys is where shadow shines.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    -no burst damage/aoe
    -long ramp up time
    -bad mobility
    -mind sear is really awkward to use now due to requiring SWP on the target, can't channel on the tank anymore

among other things
    I used to hate a lot on Legion shadow too, but now I don't really care too much anymore. I've been maining ele for some time as I can tell you that shadow has TONS more mobility compared to that. Ofc nothing gets close to a mage, but who'd ever think that'd be possible.

MS being "awkward to use" since it requires SW: P on the target, really? I can argue that it's less "awkward" than before because you actually get it for free while doing your ST rotation.

I honestly think shadow is a very smooth spec if you are not the type who's disliking the entire insanity-drain-VF mechanic. Shadow is not really impacted by rng and has lots of tools to maximise micromovement. I took that for granted when I played spriest. The only real "problem" I see with shadow is that S2M still needs to go, but other than that I really think it's an all around-nice spec in regards to mechanics. The new buffs are awesome for ST as well which is something that's been lacking for some time now.
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2017-06-14 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    My experience is that once the keystone exceeds a certain level, we suddenly start to shine... I notice a huge change already around level 8-9, past that point we start to shine more and more...

I do agree that we lack burst, both in single-target and aoe situations (unless the groups stay alive for a long time), however I would not say that that makes us a broken class alone. I'd rather have my ToF/SW:D excecution-dps than to be able to burst down packs of short-living (and in most encounters, non-significant or at least easily covered by other classes) adds, it feels much more valuable in a raid/mythic+ setting.

Of course, it is still a little sad that i want to swap to Holy and use my HN when soloing old content, or doing the "Kill 30 imps" WQ in the Broken Shore, and in those moments i miss the old Mind Sear, I think it is annoying that our aoe-talent still makes us weak in the above-mentioned situation where aoe burst dps would increase our numbers on the meters, and the fact that it has a stupid travel time (when adds die even before Shadow Crash lands). But beggars can't be choosers, we have always been a dot-class with ramp-up time and with almost every single other class/spec having some burst abilities it would not makes us unique in any way to have it (let's say instead of our execution-damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    I've been maining ele for some time as I can tell you that shadow has TONS more mobility compared to that.
    and yet, shit mobility compared to most other ranged

MS being "awkward to use" since it requires SW: P on the target, really?
    yes, because in the past, you could just channel Mind Sear itself, or if the mobs were dying fast, you could channel Mind Sear on the tank. Now you're forced to dot up a target and Mind Flay, and pray that it doesn't die before the other mobs do. It's objectively worse for no good reason.

Who dafuq voted "No"? It clearly says "damage increased" three damn times.

Did the 4 piece get nerfed? I cant remember what the time was before but it says 2.5 secs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Did the 4 piece get nerfed? I cant remember what the time was before but it says 2.5 secs.
    yea it got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    yea it got nerfed.
    Ya just looked it up it was 4 seconds before. Hmmm i wonder if i should break my 4 piece now, i can gain about 6 overall ilvl.

so, the buff we got from the hotfix yesterday (13th), should be live in EU? Can't quite figure it out if they are only planned for the near future or live now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya just looked it up it was 4 seconds before. Hmmm i wonder if i should break my 4 piece now, i can gain about 6 overall ilvl.
    I'm also thinking about this really; although I don't gain massive iL's (6 is quite a lot), I do get more Haste & Mastery overall...
    Anyone able to enlighten me/us if this is worth it? (also in the shadows of Tomb hitting soon).
    "Conservationist" Lucretzya, LV120 Female Human Destruction Warlock
    Lemuria the Light of Dawn, LV120 Female Lightforged Draenei Protection Paladin
    Field Medic Larraine, LV110 Female Void ElfShadow Priest
    Sylvanas, EU
    Laviathan of the Shattered Sun, LV120 Female Blood Elf Affliction Warlock
    Twisting Nether, EU

I used to hate a lot on Legion shadow too, but now I don't really care too much anymore. I've been maining ele for some time as I can tell you that shadow has TONS more mobility compared to that. Ofc nothing gets close to a mage, but who'd ever think that'd be possible.

MS being "awkward to use" since it requires SW: P on the target, really? I can argue that it's less "awkward" than before because you actually get it for free while doing your ST rotation.

I honestly think shadow is a very smooth spec if you are not the type who's disliking the entire insanity-drain-VF mechanic. Shadow is not really impacted by rng and has lots of tools to maximise micromovement. I took that for granted when I played spriest. The only real "problem" I see with shadow is that S2M still needs to go, but other than that I really think it's an all around-nice spec in regards to mechanics. The new buffs are awesome for ST as well which is something that's been lacking for some time now.
    Shadow might have more things to cast on the move, but the issue is that Shadow has the possibility of losing a lot more Dps than any other class because of movement, if we have to do it at the wrong time. Now, every class hates moving during CDs, right? Shadow has the same problem, except that for us that issue stays even when we don't have CDs up, because of how Voidform works. Shadow (and Demo Locks) require constant momentum to function. If we have to do any kind of prolonged movement (more than what can be solved by stutterstepping during VBs), we lose all our momentum and have to start over again, while an Ele Shaman for example, simply stops casting, throws some instants, and starts casting again where he's done moving. He loses the raw dmg from the lost casts, but he doesn't lose any resources or momentum which he has to start building again.

If Ele got any major mechanics changes this expansion, feel free to correct me, as I'm not up to date with all other classes like I used to be during previous expansions. The above was true from TBC to WoD though.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Who dafuq voted "No"? It clearly says "damage increased" three damn times.
    People probably voted "No" when this poll was originally created back in April.

Shadow is middle of the pack, lower end if the fight has phases which interrupt combat (elisande for example)

Our buffs were nice, but our class is still plagued with issues of clunkiness and inadequacies.

Our viability is pinned to our 4pc bonus.

But we're the exact same raid role as affliction, multidot, execute.

But they have gateways, teleports, better self heal, better absorb barrier, mobility, aoe and probably other stuff.

They're also on the conq token.

This stuff doesnt really impact the common raider, but Mythic raiders will feel the burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    But they have gateways, teleports, better self heal, better absorb barrier, mobility, aoe and probably other stuff.
    And we have purge, mass dispell, baseline interrupt, AoE-stun and healing CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though