Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot
    Why would you assume that? They are a threat and should be dealt with. Shoot first and ask questions later because there's no guarantee that they won't do the same to you.

I've read on stories where these scenarios did happen (the execute part) and, while the person that killed his assailants don't really ever get crazy punishments, they still go to jail for a time. Like, why?
    Because we have cry babies who want to avenge the death of a criminal. "He's still a human being!!" No, when he enters that window/door with a weapon in my house he's fertilizer. Why? Because I could have been killed if he had the drop on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Why would you assume that? They are a threat and should be dealt with. Shoot first and ask questions later because there's no guarantee that they won't do the same to you.

Because we have cry babies who want to avenge the death of a criminal. "He's still a human being!!" No, when he enters that window/door with a weapon in my house he's fertilizer. Why? Because I could have been killed if he had the drop on me.
    Many posts in this thread seem to display the mentality that has become rampant of humanizing groups like criminals/terrorists and dehumanizing groups like police/military. How is it not obvious to people that such an ideology is anti-civilizational?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Honest question, is this a troll response? Someone breaks into your home to steal, hurt, murder, or rape you or your family and it should be a crime to kill them?

MMO Champion forums are the most ridiculous forums on planet earth, filled with the absolute most ridiculous people and even more ridiculous moderators. Granted, I am posting and adding to it here.. but 99% of threads are the most moronic questions / discussions with the most moronic left-wing, idiotic, stupid responses and posts. Everyone should feel dumber after viewing these forums.
    No, it's not a "troll response".
    If you're in no danger and they have given up, killing them is murder. It's as simple as that.
    You have the right do defend yourself but you have no right to punish people. You just have to leave that to the justice system.

This has nothing to do with my political views at all.

Deleted
    It probably should be illegal to execute someone who is no longer a threat, however I'd feel no sympathy for someone who gets killed after breaking into someone's home.

no it's fucking NOT. What is stopping these people from coming back? The moment they invade your home to hurt you, the moment they lose their rights as human beings and revert to wild animals for putting down.

That is the justifaction I recall for a man that heard noises and set bear traps in his home the robbers stepped on. After which, he showed up guns blazing and killed them. He was sent to jail.
    Robbers or basically anyone else you aren't expecting on your property aren't zombies that you're supposed to exterminate. Even if they were after your money and valuables, that doesn't make it right for you to take their lives. And that's not just the law, you should feel it would be wrong, even if you knew you would get away with it.
    They deserve jail, not death.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Depends on the situation. Killing always does. That's why some killing isn't labeled murder. No one should ever be obligated to cater to the well-being of someone who poses a threat.
    Yes, some killings could be self-defense from immediate threat of serious violence or death. Some killings are accidental. When you execute pacified invaders in your home, you're not better than serial killers.
    Mother pus bucket!

... It's inexplicable how obvious it is that deciding to be judge, jury and executioner for an unarmed prisoner in your home is wrong.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

no it's fucking NOT. What is stopping these people from coming back? The moment they invade your home to hurt you, the moment they lose their rights as human beings and revert to wild animals for putting down.

That is the justifaction I recall for a man that heard noises and set bear traps in his home the robbers stepped on. After which, he showed up guns blazing and killed them. He was sent to jail.
    Sorry, you are flat out wrong. Once the threat is over, you are no longer actually defending yourself. If they are being held in submission, they are detained.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    ... It's inexplicable how obvious it is that deciding to be judge, jury and executioner for an unarmed prisoner in your home is wrong.
    Yeah, I can't believe this topic made it beyond the 2nd post.

Seriously, it is wrong ... how is that hard?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot and force them to relinquish their weapons and get on their knees, should it REALLY be considered a crime to kill them in these instances?

I've read on stories where these scenarios did happen (the execute part) and, while the person that killed his assailants don't really ever get crazy punishments, they still go to jail for a time. Like, why?
    To react to a threat with appropriate means is called self defense. Killing someone after the threat has been neutralized is called murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, of course.
    You don't shoot an unarmed person.
    This would be a crime even in war, of course it's a crime when it's a simply thief.

You won, it's over.
    Until they finish their jail time and come back because you snitched on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot and force them to relinquish their weapons and get on their knees, should it REALLY be considered a crime to kill them in these instances??
    Yes, yes it should. If you have them actually forced into a position of compliance, and you kill them, you are guilty of murder.

Think of it this way, if you surprise a stranger on the street with a gun, and they are compliant, what do you think killing them would make you? A murderer of course.

The fact that they were trying to commit a crime doesn't mean a whole lot. The fact that they had weapons with them at the time does indicate a more sinister intent, but if you are not under a current threat, your actions at that point in time are of an aggressor, not a defender.

Now, in reality, the vast majority of situations are not that simple. It is exceptionally rare that nice people are victims of home invasions. In the vast, overwhelming majority of home invasions cases, both sides were involved in some kind of problem (many times involving drug sales) where they had previous encounters. Unfortunately, the media is really bad about digging into things well enough to provide that information.

One of my brother-in-laws is a cop, and it was immensely eye opening to see the difference of what really happened vs what is reported in local newspapers. I remember one case of an "innocent" person shot in a McDonald's parking lot long ago. If you read the article carefully, you could find a hint that the report was not fully on the level since the shooting occurred several hours after McDonald's closed. Turns out (via information from my brother-in-law) that they kid was buying drugs and tried to run away with the drugs without actually paying for it...and was shot by the drug dealer. Drastically different story when you have the full context. And I know of dozens of such stories just from my brother-in-law alone.

Remember to keep your mind open, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by munken View Post
    Until they finish their jail time and come back because you snitched on them.
    Unlikely but it still does not mean you can that the law into your own hands.
    You can't just go around killing people that you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    .... must be another left-wing, islamic apologist who needs a safe-space on campus.

When you grow up and get a family and get out of high school and someone breaks into your fucking home, you don't look to see if they have a fucking weapon. You hear something downstairs, an intruder is there, you fucking put them down. Don't be a fucking moron.

God damnit you people are idiots.
    Wow someone calling me of all people these things. Someone didn't bother to check my post history. I'm just not some murderous asshole.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Wow someone calling me of all people these things. Someone didn't bother to check my post history. I'm just not some murderous asshole.
    Are you one of THE murderous holes of an ass?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

A couple of things;
    1- You aren't a cop, and you have no training. People don't just stop what they are doing and let you arrest them.
    2- You have no training, so don't go clearing your house room to room looking for invaders. That's a quick way to find yourself the murder victim. Stay where you are, take up a defensive position, call the police. If they enter the room, shoot. Don't try to arrest them or threaten them, don't fire warning shots... Center mass, drop them. If there is more than one, they will leave after the first guy goes down.
    3- Don't give chase, let them go, there will be plenty of evidence at the scene, the dead one will have known Associates etc...
    4- Always shoot to kill, always. Guns aren't for maiming or threatening, they are for killing. You go trying to throw down warning shots, or be a good citizen and shoot the guy in the leg, you are going to be the murder victim. Most of you can't hit a paper target 5m away reliable, you aren't going to be spot shooting limbs or throwing down accurate followup shots when you are soiling your tighty-whities.

Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot and force them to relinquish their weapons and get on their knees, should it REALLY be considered a crime to kill them in these instances?

It is a crime to execute them. Just like if someone shot at an officer and they managed to disarm them they can't shoot them after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Rick put it. You think you're justified but you're really just killing someone.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, if the situation was no longer a threat, and you have them subdued, you should be notifying the authorities, and await their arrival. This is why we have a justice system.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.