Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Following this logic let's get rid of all laws because bad people will do bad things anyways
    No, the line of thinking is. How far do you go to deny someone the right to purchase a firearm? If they pass all background checks and purchase requirements yet they still end up killing someone there isnt much more you can do besides a ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is because we area a Nation made up of States. So we are Union of States. The only major issue I see is, the background checks need to be stronger for private sales, making them required to follow the same procedures for selling a firearm as licensed dealers have to follow. Personally I feel the laws Ohio has concerning gun control is good enough and stays within the Consitutional rights of the citizens, with the exception of private sales of firearms.
    Even though we are, we do have some uniform rules. Its not a proper explanation by our government and should not be considered an excuse. Congress/Senate accept a few too many dollars from certain lobbyists though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    No, the line of thinking is. How far do you go to deny someone the right to purchase a firearm? If they pass all background checks and purchase requirements yet they still end up killing someone there isnt much more you can do besides a ban.
    So its more of a - if there's a chance it won't work, don't even try?

10+ Year Old Account

I want to see which of them don't show for the next practice.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    No one fucking knows his motive so the political bashing on either side is bullshit and needs to stop.
    Good luck with preventing human nature.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So its more of a - if there's a chance it won't work, don't even try?
    NO!! How did you get that from my response?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Until our government is allowed to perform actual studies on the subject, it's really hard to have a valid opinion either way. When in doubt, however, I tend to fall on the side of those NOT opposed to doing the research in the first place.
    I'm all for a full study, but you won't get that in America. Hell, look at the "scientific" study of factors contributing to heart disease and the dangers of smoking cigarettes. The study leans heavily to putting a bad light on cigarette smoking as the main contributing factor for heart disease. Essentially if someone dies due to heart disease it doesn't matter if they ate 20 Big Macs a day, if they also smoked the cause of death is due to smoking.

It all depends on the agenda of the research party. However it doesn't really require a study to know that the majority of homicides and other crime involving firearms cannot be attributed to legally owned firearms. The individuals would have to be stupid to commit crimes with a firearm that leads directly back to the individual committing the crime. It is more of a I have to have at least that much faith in humanity not being that stupid.

The problem with news today from any source is that it's sole purpose is to get enough people squawking misinformation until the lie becomes fact. Look at the popularity of Fox News and Huffington Post, both only serve to rile up the masses that are for their side. Fox News isn't really news, it is mostly opinion from braindead correspondents. As far as Huffington Post, no thanks, I don't need to see some diatribe from a bunch of SJW columnists on politics right next to a story of how to wow women in bed and whether or not a sandwich is racist.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Even though we are, we do have some uniform rules. Its not a proper explanation by our government and should not be considered an excuse. Congress/Senate accept a few too many dollars from certain lobbyists though.
    I simply meant that here, it is not as simple to get uniform laws as it is in other countries by the way our nation was founded and it's historical practice. Even now there are states which are violating some federal laws. And so far, have got away with it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy if you have a history violence or medical conditions that make you a danger to others you don't get one. If you do something illegal with a gun after you own one your penalty should be more severe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That is because we area a Nation made up of States. So we are Union of States. The only major issue I see is, the background checks need to be stronger for private sales, making them required to follow the same procedures for selling a firearm as licensed dealers have to follow. Personally I feel the laws Ohio has concerning gun control is good enough and stays within the Consitutional rights of the citizens, with the exception of private sales of firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely.
    Let's imagine a country where there are strict licensing and registration requirements for firearms, and only firearms sufficient for self defense are available to the average person. Can you describe for me someone who would be unable to defend themselves in that situation?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply meant that here, it is not as simple to get uniform laws as it is in other countries by the way our nation was founded and it's historical practice. Even now there are states which are violating some federal laws. And so far, have got away with it. :P
    Actually its rather simple. Congress just has to pass a law. The difficulty is for them to do that and enforcement

At that point then, everyone must be willing to accept this as a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post
    Lololol guess I was wrong it wasn't a 25yo blm/antifa radical.. it was a social security collecting bernie supporter... Doesn't that make 2/2 that guy a week back who shot the black marine ended up being a feel the berner too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Looks like a nice grandfather, except for shades, kind George Burns as the Devil look.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a simple google of the name and got that face. James is a common name, his name is not unusual. Is it the exact person? I dunno. But keep my sentence in mind.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I'm all for a full study, but you won't get that in America. Hell, look at the "scientific" study of factors contributing to heart disease and the dangers of smoking cigarettes. The study leans heavily to putting a bad light on cigarette smoking as the main contributing factor for heart disease. Essentially if someone dies due to heart disease it doesn't matter if they ate 20 Big Macs a day, if they also smoked the cause of death is due to smoking.

It all depends on the agenda of the research party. However it doesn't really require a study to know that the majority of homicides and other crime involving firearms cannot be attributed to legally owned firearms. The individuals would have to be stupid to commit crimes with a firearm that leads directly back to the individual committing the crime. It is more of a I have to have at least that much faith in humanity not being that stupid.

The problem with news today from any source is that it's sole purpose is to get enough people squawking misinformation until the lie becomes fact. Look at the popularity of Fox News and Huffington Post, both only serve to rile up the masses that are for their side. Fox News isn't really news, it is mostly opinion from braindead correspondents. As far as Huffington Post, no thanks, I don't need to see some diatribe from a bunch of SJW columnists on politics right next to a story of how to wow women in bed and whether or not a sandwich is racist.
    lol! You just became guilty of the same offense you are blaming others for.

Since the shooter was identified his FB is getting flooded! He is very Anti Trump as you can see from all his post. Since it looks like he did this for political reasons he is a Domestic Terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Looks like a nice grandfather, except for shades, kind George Burns as the Devil look.
    I get a Walter from the Big Lebowski from him.