Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You print it yourself prior to arriving. If you don't have one, you pay 15euros. The guy apparently didn't check in online, which is why it was 50 euros.
    I understand what the guy's issue was. I'm reflecting on my experiences at boarding gates over the last few years and I can't remember seeing paper tickets. Everyone has a cell phone out. I can't remember the last time printed anything... fuck, I can't remember the last time I turned my printer on. Wonder if the toner is even good at this point.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Eh, I prefer it. It also protects the lower employee. She shouldn't have to deal with disgruntled customers. She has other customers to be assisting. The supervisor should have handled this.
    In most places it's the CSR's job to deal with disgruntled employees except in exceptional situations. A customer who didn't follow procedure and getting upset over the resulting fee is not the job of a Super.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I understand what the guy's issue was. I'm reflecting on my experiences at boarding gates over the last few years and I can't remember seeing paper tickets. Everyone has a cell phone out. I can't remember the last time printed anything... fuck, I can't remember the last time I turned my printer on. Wonder if the toner is even good at this point.
    I recently threw mine away. It was collecting dust and taking up space.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    a white knight was needed to punch this asshole to the ground.
    Dude, it's her job, my mother used to manage hotels and no one white knighted for her EVER, you get rude people, it's part of the JOB.

It was HER JOB and she starts out making bitch faces and being a total bitch. The hell with her and white knight assholes defending them.
    This is why Europe is falling apart.

She needs to do her JOB and take care of the customers not throw a fit and act like a smug bitch when a problem happens and in travel business namely AIRLINES it's already a nightmare full of bullshit.

You need to go outside of your house and deal with real people and get a taste of what it's really like before trying to be an internet tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes those were exactly his alternatives. His like or dislike of them is irrelevant.
    I agree 100% but when you are an angry customer that obviously wants neither of those things, it's kind of your job in customer service to diffuse the situation...and ignoring someone is not what you are taught to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work at an international software company. Last person who asked to speak with my manager due to not being satisfied with the service they were provided was a man from France. It's not just an isolated American Entitlement thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As surprising as it may be to some Americans in this thread, being a prospective customer (as he had not proven that he was a customer and thus the entire point of this) does not entitle you to ass kissing service, full access to the middle management the second you don't get what you want, and the general right to be an absolute shithead due to being a lazy idiot. This mentality that so many American people are now growing up deeply ingrained in is a product of excessive mass consumerism where companies compete not only on their products but on how hard they smile as they serve it. It is a transaction, and nothing else. If he does not provide his portion of the transaction, Ryan Air is not required to provide their part. The supervisor's presence would only have been necessary if the rules were not absolutely clear and obvious.

Sabrina should obv be called to the big boss desk if she is required to call her supervisor when someone asks for him/her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And what is chewing out the lady at the desk supposed to accomplish?

If you think she's lying to you, how is chewing her out going to help. She's not going to be inclined to stop lying.

I mean really this is no different than all the dumbshits who go off on cashiers over things they have no control over.

The guy needed to prove he was a big man by chewing out some helpless desk jockey. *wooooo* go him. Fucking morons.
    All she had to do was call her supervisor. I would get pissed to if I asked to speak a supervisor and you just ignore me and turn your back. Thats just blatant disrespect and I am a paying customer.

Ryanair deserves to go under if they can't come up with a better way of dealing with customers. Cheap ticket or not, that boarding pass policy is also bullshit. Its like they are going out of their way to inconvenience customers. Of course the passenger needs to have their damn ticket at the gate but you're telling me in 2017 they couldn't look that shit up, had a nearby kiosk or something? Again, they deserve to go under. If I was a competitor I would release a QR code scanner TOMORROW to eat away at their customer base.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    All she had to do was call her supervisor. I would get pissed to if I asked to speak a supervisor and you just ignore me and turn your back. Thats just blatant disrespect and I am a paying customer.

Ryanair deserves to go under if they can't come up with a better way of dealing with customers. Cheap ticket or not, that boarding pass policy is also bullshit. Its like they are going out of their way to inconvenience customers. Of course the passenger needs to have their damn ticket at the gate but you're telling me in 2017 they couldn't look that shit up, had a nearby kiosk or something? Again, they deserve to go under. If I was a competitor I would release a QR code scanner TOMORROW to eat away at their customer base.
    The supervisor has more important things to deal than someone who doesn't want to pay a required fee. It's not the job of a supervisor to deal entitled customers who don't get their way.

Did you even read the article? He didn't check in at all. He had no ticket because he didn't check in. If he had checked in he could have scanned it from his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dude, when you pay 50 bucks for a plane ticket, they don't earn much on that. Taxi drivers earn more carrying you to the airport than RyanAir makes on those 50 bucks tickets. You should be required to make a little tap dance for the attendees just because they made it possible for a cheap fuck like the video guy to skimp on cheap ass tickets like that. Goddamn, go fly with Lufthansa and see how much they charge for the same destination.
    For perspective, Brussels to Berlin (One way)

Ryanair 1h 25m from $20
    Brussels Airlines Brussels Airlines 1h 20m from $78
    Lufthansa Lufthansa 1h 20m from $104

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    As surprising as it may be to some Americans in this thread, being a prospective customer (as he had not proven that he was a customer and thus the entire point of this) does not entitle you to ass kissing service, full access to the middle management the second you don't get what you want, and the general right to be an absolute shithead due to being a lazy idiot. This mentality that so many American people are now growing up deeply ingrained in is a product of excessive mass consumerism where companies compete not only on their products but on how hard they smile as they serve it. It is a transaction, and nothing else. If he does not provide his portion of the transaction, Ryan Air is not required to provide their part. The supervisor's presence would only have been necessary if the rules were not absolutely clear and obvious.
    Not sure why you are making this about Americans, but ok. Let's look at the video -

He didn't act out of hand at the start of the video, at least, and asked for a supervisor.
    She didn't answer that, and instead threatened to call security on him.

So at this point, things are already going out of control. Do you think this is how a customer service representative should act? Should ignoring someone be the norm? Ignoring someone in normal situations is already a horrible thing to do and an easy way to piss someone off, why would you think you can apply it to a job and have it produce better results?

Customers shouldn't get to treat you like shit just because they are paying, I agree, but I don't agree that a customer service representative can treat you like shit as well. It's a two way street here. Actually, if anything, I think it's more of the onus of the CSR to take the higher ground over the customer in these situations.

Question: Would people view this differently if it was two guys instead? I feel like they would, and a lot of people are just taking sides because she's a woman and she cried.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2017-06-14 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I am a paying customer.
    The proof of this is the ticket, which is the crux of the matter is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Omg i'm DONE watching the video. How dare they gang up on him like this? I have a problem with a white group shouting down the only black person in view.

Stop accusing him of being aggressive because he is black. How dare you?
    I must have watched a different video. Where did it say he was black? Why does it matter even if he was? He was filming it himself. The video only picks up in the middle; there's no telling A) how long it went on before he started with the phone, B) the measures Sabrina had already taken to try to help him before he started, or C) the colour of this jackass' skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You print it yourself prior to arriving. If you don't have one, you pay 15euros. The guy apparently didn't check in online, which is why it was 50 euros.

OT: Entitled douche thinks being a paying customer exempts you from the rules. Granted, the rules are pretty shitty but no employee, not even her supervisor would have been able to waive them.
    Entitled airline is trying to gouge its customers.

$15 to print a piece of fucking in 2017? Get the fuck out of here.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Not sure why you are making this about Americans, but ok. Let's look at the video -

He didn't act out of hand at the start of the video, at least, and asked for a supervisor.
    She didn't answer that, and instead threatened to call security on him.

So at this point, things are already going out of control. Do you think this is how a customer service representative should act? Should ignoring someone be the norm? Ignoring someone in normal situations is already a horrible thing to do and an easy way to piss someone off, why would you think you can apply it to a job and have it produce better results?

Customers shouldn't get to treat you like shit just because they are paying, I agree, but I don't agree that a customer service representative can treat you like shit as well. It's a two way street here.
    Right, because the customer would upload a video that shows the part of him being a dick?

Do you honestly think the conversation went like:

Customer:"I want to speak with your supervisor"
    CSR: "IM CALLING SECURITY!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Or you know, actually show them the mobile boarding pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The proof of this is the ticket, which is the crux of the matter is it not?
    I can go to McDonald's and verify that I ordered a $1 hamburger. They can verify a ticket. Have it as option just to shut up "rude" customers.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying Ryanair aren't shit (they managed to break the neck of an expensive les paul my twin owned that was checked in under fragile goods) but it's not the woman's fault. To be fair as well, they send out multiple reminders (text, email) so he really has no excuse. Yeah the policy is pretty shit but taking it our on her solves nothing.
    He apparently didn't even check in, hence the 50 euros fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Right, because the customer would upload a video that shows the part of him being a dick?

- - - Updated - - -

Or you know, actually show them the mobile boarding pass.
    Well, that is all we have. So to avoid a conversation based on assumptions, we are discussing the events that we have evidence of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post

If I had to guess his intention with filming, it was probably to show how "bad" the customer service of Ryan Air was. You don't tend to start filming these things right off the bat, only if you know you need video evidence to show how badly mistreated you are (or so he thought).

It obviously backfired on him, but come on, it doesn't take that much of an imagination to know that he started filming after he felt he was being mistreated.