im not sure. the new arms playstyle is fit for the likes how play frost dk, enh chaman or bm hunter. Basically Arms is now tailored to your generic elementary school dropout with an iq of >80

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    im not sure. the new arms playstyle is fit for the likes how play frost dk, enh chaman or bm hunter. Basically Arms is now tailored to your generic elementary school dropout with an iq of >80
    >80 means greater than 80

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This is how I feel, but don't forget there was an army of players who found FR too hard to play and in effort to preserve their egos interpreted that as "bad design", some of them quite vocal and animated about the topic. So while everyone was complaining about ballerina spec in WOD, we have an even more prominent ballerina spec now and a lot of them spent the expansion pack asking for it.
    Wait so you really found FR more fun to play than Cata arms or WoD arms?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    WOD? Damn right it was better than that mess. Cata? What part of your ass did you pull that one from because it definitely didn't come from anywhere in any of my posts at any point in history.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

you honestly found WoD arms fun ? ......no comment

what trinkets are you guys running?

i got a 905 and 895 mastery sticks, what trinkets are we aiming for in TOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    what trinkets are you guys running?

i got a 905 and 895 mastery sticks, what trinkets are we aiming for in TOS?
    I would honestly go with oozeling in a jar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    >80 means greater than 80
    Hahahahahaha

The 4pc/helm nerfs only widened the gap between FoB and Rend/TM
    For the Rend/TM build AM was better than OpS, but that is no longer the case
    So, unless we see big changes, it looks like FoB build is here to stay =(
    RIP I really wanted Rend/TM to be better

I ran some sims with different values for FoB, 80, 60, 45, and even at its 7.2 value (45) it sims better than rend/TM.

Note this is all in the context of tomb, t20+helm+ring.

That list with us at 1.77M or w/e, is old, after the recent changes and correct rage regen in sims, its more like 1.6M, which is still ahead of everyone. OpS is by far the best talent on the row, good candidate for nerf, if they do I hope they nerf the damage and not the rage gen.
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2017-06-15 at 11:42 AM.

WOD? Damn right it was better than that mess. Cata? What part of your ass did you pull that one from because it definitely didn't come from anywhere in any of my posts at any point in history.
    Sorry thought I typed MoP, yes WoD sucked. But your the one up here attacking people for not liking spammy FR

Sorry thought I typed MoP, yes WoD sucked. But your the one up here attacking people for not liking spammy FR
    What is your goal here? I haven't even at one point talked about MOP or Cataclysm, it's completely off topic and irrelevant to my posts. You pretty much just came in out of nowhere and attempted to put words in my mouth.

For what it's worth MOP is my favourite version of Arms (SOO) and Dragon Soul is closely behind, but behind that I would put Legion FR Arms... But really, don't make assumptions about people or their opinions when they haven't said anything related to it, that's what causes misunderstandings. Too often forum discussions turn into shitshows because of players manufacturing things that don't exist or interpretting posts in their own way instead of as it's written, your post/reply above is a good example of that.

To elaborate on my actual post. I've been following the forums for a long time, (Blizz and MMO) and I always see posts from guys struggling to play arms, poor logs etc and those often fall into the same group of players who dislike FR, and very often those guys abandoned it quickly and moved to Fury... I on the other hand didn't like FR at the start either, but I forced myself to learn it and as I did I really "got" it and the design made sense to me. If you look back far enough to the Legion Alpha posts (I was invited at the start) you will see me posting how I want Blizzard to remove FR because I think it's terrible, and yet here I am defending it.

A lot of the guys who did like FR fell into the camp of more veteran players, higher end raiders and arms devotees and while maybe we missed the Dragon Soul or SOO iterations of Arms, a lot of us felt FR Arms was great... Most of the issues with Arms for me came with the RNG nature of the spec and over the top Mastery reliance, none of which had anything to do with FR, nor the ultimate synergy build that came with it.

I don't mean to try to offend people when I say it's the lesser skilled to who mostly dislike FR, but over the course of the expansion that is exactly what I've seen.. Of course I may cause friction by pointing that out, but that doesn't really bother me. I find it interesting you describe FR as spammy while you're talking about MOP in positive light, which was even more spammy, have a think about that.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-06-15 at 01:03 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What is your goal here? I haven't even at one point talked about MOP or Cataclysm, it's completely off topic and irrelevant to my posts. You pretty much just came in out of nowhere and attempted to put words in my mouth.

For what it's worth MOP is my favourite version of Arms (SOO) and Dragon Soul is closely behind, but behind that I would put Legion FR Arms... But really, don't make assumptions about people or their opinions when they haven't said anything related to it, that's what causes misunderstandings. Too often forum discussions turn into shitshows because of players manufacturing things that don't exist or interpretting posts in their own way instead of as it's written, your post/reply above is a good example of that.

To elaborate on my actual post. I've been following the forums for a long time, (Blizz and MMO) and I always see posts from guys struggling to play arms, poor logs etc and those often fall into the same group of players who dislike FR, and very often those guys abandoned it quickly and moved to Fury... I on the other hand didn't like FR at the start either, but I forced myself to learn it and as I did I really "got" it and the design made sense to me. If you look back far enough to the Legion Alpha posts (I was invited at the start) you will see me posting how I want Blizzard to remove FR because I think it's terrible, and yet here I am defending it.

A lot of the guys who did like FR fell into the camp of more veteran players, higher end raiders and arms devotees and while maybe we missed the Dragon Soul or SOO iterations of Arms, the FR Arms was great... Most of the issues with Arms for me came with the RNG nature of the spec and over the top Mastery reliance, none of which had anything to do with FR, nor the ultimate synergy build that came with it.

I don't mean to try to offend people when I say it's the lesser skilled to who mostly dislike FR, but over the course of the expansion that is exactly what I've seen.. Of course I may cause friction by pointing that out, but that doesn't really bother me.

My goal is that even if you liked FR, the spec and class have still regressed since 2 expansions ago. I think that's he most important message I can spread

Deleted

A lot of the guys who did like FR fell into the camp of more veteran players, higher end raiders and arms devotees and while maybe we missed the Dragon Soul or SOO iterations of Arms, a lot of us felt FR Arms was great... Most of the issues with Arms for me came with the RNG nature of the spec and over the top Mastery reliance, none of which had anything to do with FR, nor the ultimate synergy build that came with it.

I don't mean to try to offend people when I say it's the lesser skilled to who mostly dislike FR, but over the course of the expansion that is exactly what I've seen.. Of course I may cause friction by pointing that out, but that doesn't really bother me. I find it interesting you describe FR as spammy while you're talking about MOP in positive light, which was even more spammy, have a think about that.
    I still find hard to defend FR when the only reason it was the preferred build was because it was the only one that made the spec work. Granted it's more a criticism of legion arms than FR, but you can't take one without the other sadly ...

Deleted
    My goal is that even if you liked FR, the spec and class have still regressed since 2 expansions ago. I think that's he most important message I can spread
    Regressed? How can you categorically say this...

Ultimately a rotation preference is down to a subjective opinion, it's neither here nor there. The fact is that good players could still manage the FR rotation and deal with the high demands of an inflated APM type rotation and those that couldn't, ended up complaining and / or returning to a comparatively easier Fury spec.

People will blame it on a problem within the rotation, however they fail to see that there are still those players up there (me being one) who could play it very well and continuously parsing top 1%. Did I think it was a regressing rotation...definitely not - Learn your craft and don't blame your tools.

There was nothing wrong with the Arms playstyle, it was just another version of the rotation that has evolved yet again. I'd still much rather have the FR playstyle, as now it seems there's very little to do...but it's an "easier" rotation and nabs can play it better and therefore nerfs will come in.

Playing FR well with good RnG opened up a path for Arms DPS where anything was possible.

Nabs spoil the game for me and the loss of FR due to this herd-mentality is likely to carry on.
    Last edited by mmoc5dadbeabe5; 2017-06-15 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    Regressed? How can you categorically say this...

Ultimately a rotation preference is down to a subjective opinion, it's neither here nor there. The fact is that good players could still manage the FR rotation and deal with the high demands of an inflated APM type rotation, and those that couldn't end up complaining and / or return to the comparatively easier Fury spec. They will blame it on a problem within the rotation, however fail to see that there are still those players up there (me being one) who could play it very well (parse top 1%), did I think it was a regressing rotation? Definitely not. Learn your craft and don't blame your tools.

There was nothing wrong with the Arms playstyle, it was just another version of the rotation that has evolved yet again. I'd still much rather have the FR playstyle as now it seems there's very little to do however it's an "easier" rotation and nabs can play it better and therefore nerfs will come in. Playing FR well with good RnG opened up a path for Arms DPS where anything was possible.

Nabs spoil the game for me and the loss of FR due to this herd-mentality is likely to carry on.

If it's worse then 3 expansions ago that's not progress. FR was unpopular from what I gather. You seem to just chalk that up to everyone else being bad at the game. I'm just saying there's more explanations than that.

Deleted
    If it's worse then 3 expansions ago that's not progress. FR was unpopular from what I gather. You seem to just chalk that up to everyone else being bad at the game. I'm just saying there's more explanations than that.
    But they are though, real raiders didn't complain, it was the majority of socials who complained because they couldn't click their FRs enough on their keyboard.

But they are though, real raiders didn't complain, it was the majority of socials who complained because they couldn't click their FRs enough on their keyboard.
    Yea you're a lost cause and people like you are the reason warrior went from one of the best classes in MOP to the current meme dogshit

Deleted
    Yea you're a lost cause and people like you are the reason warrior went from one of the best classes in MOP to the current meme dogshit
    Quick to dismiss an approach which gives me insight into your character - it's funny how you couldn't detect the element of sarcasm in my post.

It really doesn't matter what I say now as people like you have won and brought us to where we are now, congratulations.

May I ask what your logs are like and link me to a time where you were playing Arms / FR? Did you even try and get good at it (?) and I'm talking hours at a training dummy...

FR wasn't the issue because it was part of you, as a class, to manage your rage all-together. Play smart, basically. The problem was the CS CD timer and CS resets plus our very heavily dependent way of stacking Mastery (it still is, but not as much as before). After they've done some very major tuning to Arms, it feels really great inside CS and still good outside of CS. Plus the reset timers are not as bad - if anything - they're much better now. If we still had FR as our best talent, we would get one hell of a big nerf. Those who used FR professionally know exactly how hard it hits with 1 or 2 executioners on the target.

FR now seems more competitive in PvP situations since you can gain so much rage back if you get that one PvP talent that lets you get more rage when you get hit.

Quick to dismiss an approach which gives me insight into your character - it's funny how you couldn't detect the element of sarcasm in my post.

It really doesn't matter what I say now as people like you have won and brought us to where we are now, congratulations.

May I ask what your logs are like and link me to a time where you were playing Arms / FR? Did you even try and get good at it (?) and I'm talking hours at a training dummy...
    Warrior changes made me reroll before the expansion. I won't main it until the class is actually fun again. Fury is worse than MoP fury but better than WoD. Sadly that doesn't mean much. Lol asking for logs because some cancer talent got removed, grow up