Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Moving to instance was a thing back in vanilla, traveling to Scarlet monastery from Ironforge as Alliance :P

Dire maul was also out of the way for Alliance.

Of course horde deadmines/gnomeregan were special too.
    Horde using SW for the tram to IF as well...

Traveling to Theramore via boat...

Good times - when things were simple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is a perfect example of how lazy and entitled players have become, basically being dependent on a queue.

Thats one of the reasons I advocate so much to remove the queue system from the game, which includes removing LFR and LFD. If you remove it, players will have to become accustomed to actually moving their ass and getting to the instance.
    People have been asking for summons and sitting in capital cities since Vanilla though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I'd say 'tell us more' but I suspect you don't need the encouragement.
    i did simelair runs like that in wod on my bdk for mythics id take lowgeared chars and if they died i could solo it anyway and people where generly happy about getting a easy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    i did simelair runs like that in wod on my bdk for mythics id take lowgeared chars and if they died i could solo it anyway and people where generly happy about getting a easy run.
    ikr? If I was gearing up an alt I'd be happy to go along for the ride, help as much as I could. And I wouldn't sit around Dal begging for a summons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 'tell us more' but I suspect you don't need the encouragement.
    Do you ever contribute constructively to discussions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    People have been asking for summons and sitting in capital cities since Vanilla though.
    Not to the level we see today.

Hasn't this always been a problem for warlocks? The mindset has existed as far as I can remember, and certainly did not arrive with Group Finder. Sounds like you got a particularly bad batch of players, but at least the warlock benefited from your offer, so if your intent is genuine then don't fret about the lazy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Have you tried soloing a regular mythic lately? Doesn't take much awesome. But I did figure some of the players I see in forums complaining it's impossible to gear up or get invited to groups might appreciate it. The warlock apparently did. The others not so much.
    No, you're not awesome at the game, it's just like, your awesome generosity to lower yourself to the level of scrubs running reg mythics, it's truly awe inspiring. I know I personally love it when I'm playing an alt and some tryhard that massively overgears the content swoops in and blows through the joint while I sit there with my dick in my hand. That's what I pay my 15 bucks a month for.
    Beta Club Brosquad

So the complaint is that a Warlock refused to summon and people refused to fly there? I mean, I get that you don't always wanna summon but it is your job. You have it for a reason. It's laziness on both sides for not going to the dungeon before joining a dungeon group and not actually just summoning people to make it better for those joining.

What I noticed on my alts when I make groups for regular mythics it's gonna be always the lowest ilvl person who will ask for summons and not move his ass from Dalaran, then start whining we aren't pulling fast enough.

Once was doing EOA on my DH with a rogue friend, he saps a mob so we can skip it and go faster, this hunter pug pulls it, then pulls something else, then starts saying "can we pull faster?" so I just kick him, you want fast run stop pulling extra unnecessary mobs maybe? I can tolerate people pulling extra shit by a mistake, I will cover for them, but I people who not only mess around but then whine it's not going fast enough, go find someone else to boost you.

I never kicked a person for "low dps" or whatever if they have low gear and I see them trying, I will do extra world quests etc. if they ask for it even when I don't need it, but people who sit afk waiting for summon, then proceed to do mediocre dps while complaining the free ride they jumped onto isn't going fast enough - go take your entitlement elsewhere, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    So the complaint is that a Warlock refused to summon and people refused to fly there? I mean, I get that you don't always wanna summon but it is your job. You have it for a reason. It's laziness on both sides for not going to the dungeon before joining a dungeon group and not actually just summoning people to make it better for those joining.
    You need 3 people to summon a warlock summon gate genius. There were only 2 people, the tank and the warlock.

Auto-accept <- that's your problem. People are not joining because they want to do dungeon, they're just bots.

Lazy peope nowdays. Back in the day a lot of people were waiting near raid entrance. Now we got 2 heartstones with lower cd, people still cant bind it to that freaking cave and be near NH in 1-2 mins.

You can't summon with just a lock and one other person... Plus if you post a group and stated that you're already pulling trash etc why not just go down yourself vs sitting around asking for a summons?

Summoning someone as a lock isn't "Your job". Sure it's nice but it isn't that classes job for your lazy ass to alt tab out and jerk off to mlp pictures.

Summoning as a lock is a privilege. Remember when it used to cost to summon?

Realistically I don't join a group expecting it to be half-over unless explicitly stated, nor, based on your pace, would I likely make it there before you were finished.

So mostly this thread was you bragging about how awesome and benevolent you are in the most dickish way.

I don't join a group expecting to be summoned.

I think his point is that regular mythics are so easy that he doesn't understand why people would complain about getting into +0 groups. Or maybe he means that there are geared paragons of generosity like himself that will invite just about anyone to +0 groups, helping the plebs out, so why complain.

I'm not sure all that many people actually complain about having trouble getting into +0 groups though.

Not to the level we see today.
    All I know is that I had to summon people back then, and I have to summon people now. If there are more or less of the one or the other, is hard to tell, as there are no data on it.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh.... you can't lock summon with 2 people. Needs 3 (the lock included) to raise the TV. Sure, they could have exited the instance and used the stone but WHY SHOULD they when they're midway through? The people who got there and are doing shit should run back to the start vs the others flying there because... why?

And the point is that even when they're being carried people are lazy fucks who can't even be bothered to fly there but will spend time whining about how they can't get invites because of item level.

Just part of dealing with random people, always was, always will be. It was a clear issue before automated tools, and would be if said tools were removed no matter what idiots believe. The safest way to escape it is to join a proper guild with people equally dedicated as yourself, where being a lazy ass won't reflect good on them and their standing in the guild. This was always the case.

This is a perfect example of how lazy and entitled players have become, basically being dependent on a queue.

Thats one of the reasons I advocate so much to remove the queue system from the game, which includes removing LFR and LFD. If you remove it, players will have to become accustomed to actually moving their ass and getting to the instance.
    ... Case in point ^.

Bullshit. The exact same attitude existed in the exact same quantity before the automated group finders. Where do you think the demand came from which was big enough for Blizzard to implement the automated systems?

Actually, don't answer that. Turncoats are not reliable.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-15 at 04:58 PM.

Umm you do know it takes 3 to make a closet. So, your point falls flat and now I assume you are part of the problem.

And here we have an example of a person that is mostly on the recieving end of a summon, doesn't even know how it works