Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Guys is it possible to make a weakaura to show me when i have 5+ soul fragments available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Guys is it possible to make a weakaura to show me when i have 5+ soul fragments available?
    Literally google it and you'll find a ton.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They want Vengeance Demon Hunters to be more competitive with other tanks. It was hard being above anyone besides a death knight, but now we can compete with all of them. I don't think it's "overpowered"
    ???

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...Tanks&region=3

???

I don't think it's "overpowered"
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ashid View Post
    If you go to the 50th percentile (commonly referred to as the average), and compare it to 7.2 numbers of the 50th percentile... it's not that obscene. Anyway, does it really matter, when the tanks are below all the dps anyway?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you go to the 50th percentile (commonly referred to as the average), and compare it to 7.2 numbers of the 50th percentile... it's not that obscene. Anyway, does it really matter, when the tanks are below all the dps anyway?
    50th percentile is the median, not the average. This is quite an important difference.

In any case, 95th percentile and higher is really the only percentile I'd look at for evaluating tank performance. There is very little competition for tank rankings in general compared to rankings as a DPS specialization, to the point where oftentimes even 80-90th percentile parses as a tank feature simple rotational errors. 50th percentile as a tank is someone not worrying about his or her damage in almost all cases (using defensive trinkets, not even using Spirit Bomb, etc.)

Moreover, balance should generally be done considering only optimal output of a spec. Common errors in play will cause differing degrees of performance loss between different specializations, and are not representative of the actual balance between specs at higher levels of play where this balance is actually relevant.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2017-06-15 at 10:50 PM.

If you look at the 95th percentile you're looking at people who get the BEST out of the spec, not the clowns who wouldn't know how to play it if their life depended on it. If the best out of every other tank spec is falling way behind than one particular spec (in this case Vengence demon hunters) then that spec is overpowered as shit.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    it's totally gonna be over-nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    it's totally gonna be over-nerfed.
    Very likely. They do that to completely negate a problem they can't handle this far into the testing phase (and yes, we're still in testing phase despite being live) It would be intentional, and they would aim to handle it in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Very likely. They do that to completely negate a problem they can't handle this far into the testing phase (and yes, we're still in testing phase despite being live) It would be intentional, and they would aim to handle it in 7.3.
    If our class name was druid it would be an entire 2 patch cycles of testing out what is OP before nerfing it.

But yea, just like the knee jerk reaction that nerfed our DPS into the ground at the start of the expansion I expect a very similar thing to happen here.(All tanks got hit with dps nerfs but DH actually loses survival by losing dps, and alas here we are again).

Heres what you should expect to happen: spirit bomb damage gets nerfed significantly, no increasing in healing to compensate, spirit bomb becomes worthless for survivability, we go back to our old way of playing, and our damage sucks again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Heres what you should expect to happen: spirit bomb damage gets nerfed significantly, no increasing in healing to compensate, spirit bomb becomes worthless for survivability, we go back to our old way of playing, and our damage sucks again.
    Came here to write exactly that.. they always do that and in our case that damage is part of our healing. So what did we get this patch? Not much (if anything) for survivability, just this Spirit Bomb doing a lot of damage and because of how it works we get healing out of it.

So I am gonna go on a wild guess and say that they'll pull the classic Blizzard card and end up nerfing us back to where we were or even past that. All of this because they didn't listen to PTR feedback about this stupid Spirit Bomb.

Decreasing the damage and increasing the healing as a compensation is an easy fix to this.

Rip spirit bomb 2017/06/13 - 2017/06/16 :P

Deleted
    Why RIP? The damage is still insane if it stays this way (33% nerf).

Aaand they overnerfed, as usual. Prot Warriors will once again completely trounce us in damage and at that level the healing you get from subsequent SB casts is potentially too low to be viable in Tomb. Maybe I'll be wrong, but doing this without listening to any of the other feedback is just idiotic.

Napkin math shows me going from 1.2 million damage using a 5 soul bomb to around 860k after the 33% and 5% nerf taken into consideration. Still doesn't make any sense to me really considering it looks like it still majorly out performs the other 2 talent choices in the row.

It's not broken OP anymore, but it's still a great ability damage-wise and far and away better than the other two options.

What's more annoying is them nerfing the other abilities. Since when did Vengeance do a lot of damage outside of Spirit Bomb? Plus this hurts their mitigation a bit too.

Vengeance got so many damage buffs in 7.2.5:

+15% all abilities
    +22% immo aura
    more souls from shear
    plus a bunch of defensive buffs

Even with a 5% nerf we are still way above 7.2 numbers without even using spirit bomb.
    Plus spirit bomb is still good and boosts even further.

Vengeance is still strong, the 33% cut just shows they didn't really get the PTR feedback right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Vengeance got so many damage buffs in 7.2.5:

+15% all abilities
    +22% immo aura
    more souls from shear
    plus a bunch of defensive buffs

Even with a 5% nerf we are still way above 7.2 numbers without even using spirit bomb.
    Plus spirit bomb is still good and boosts even further.
    So basically, VDH still has a +10% on all abilities.

I wish they would have just nerfed the AoE aspect of SB instead of the whole thing, our ST DPS was fine. We were within 50k DPS of Pallies and Drus who still provide better mitigation.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama