Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorperson View Post
    Now the pve retards will defend him and talk down on us pvpers

You are the most annoying people of the world. I mean it. Just shut up instead.
    Exactly the reason why you deserve to be talked down on. Can't express an idea without insulting people?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Where did you pull that from? A game like that is absolutely contrary to blizzards usual MO of the past 2 decades.
    Again, from their job listings. It's right there:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced engine engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project.
    https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oFop4fwg

Overwatch went against your so-called "MO" - yet there it is. You have no idea what Blizzard has planned for the future - unless you read the job listings. first person games are hot right now, of course they're going to jump in. A new MMO would be foolish and a waste of money - and there would be a hiring pattern for staffing a new MMO, which hasn't been happening. Everything in the job listings for the new unannounced game is first person, and as it used to be titled "Unannounced game in the Diablo universe", it's not hard to conjecture that a first person Diablo game is coming. Which I will buy the nano-second I can - Blizzard is great at world building, and this could be an epic game.

Don't stumble over the Scumcrawler's corpse on your way out, Brian. We wouldn't want to intensify the stench with two of your kind lying there, that for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Hopefully Celestalon is next and then Greg is rehired.
    Then you will ask for Greg's head....

I hope whoever mutated affliction from what it used to be into the unrecognizable thing it is now gets fired... And whoever removed Shadowburn from destruction needs fired as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Again, from their job listings. It's right there:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced engine engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oFop4fwg

Overwatch went against your so-called "MO" - yet there it is. You have no idea what Blizzard has planned for the future - unless you read the job listings. first person games are hot right now, of course they're going to jump in. A new MMO would be foolish and a waste of money - and there would be a hiring pattern for staffing a new MMO, which hasn't been happening. Everything in the job listings for the new unannounced game is first person, and as it used to be titled "Unannounced game in the Diablo universe", it's not hard to conjecture that a first person Diablo game is coming. Which I will buy the nano-second I can - Blizzard is great at world building, and this could be an epic game.
    So you just made it up.

And no, a heavy focus on multiplayer interaction is exactly what blizzard has been doing for ages now. A hero shooter is precisely within their usual playground, especially after they bridged the gap with HotS in the direct competitive and hero/class segments. Name dropping single player RPGS with ZERO online features is most definitely contrary to everything they've done.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the best Holinka. Hope your new job keeps you fulfilled! I'm sure getting away from the toxic as fuck WoW PvP community will be a weight off your shoulders as well.

- - - Updated - - -

pot calling the kettle black much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Now if Ion was shit canned i would have hope for the game
    Ion is one of the best Devs WoW has ever had.

I know he's very popular to criticize, but as somebody who has loved almost every aspect of this game, including PvP, I appreciate his hard work to make the game fun.

I think anyone with real data in their hands will agree that this game has only gotten more expertly balanced over the years. That isn't to say I like when some classes get nerfed from the bottom of the pack to below that, and certainly, there isn't a leader who hasn't looked back and wondered if they could've done better. He handled his public criticism with dignity, even when his critics didn't show him the same courtesy.

Best of luck.

7+ Year Old Account
    When Holinka dies, I swear to god I will find his grave and shit on the tombstone for the abortion that was Trashcan and pvp in WoD.

need a few more heads on the chopping block but this is a good sign, ion hazzikostas as the lead designer for WoW is probably the best thing that has happened to the game in many many years

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And the horns of the heavens sounded as one of the last fuckwits have left Blizzard for "greener" pastures.
    He's not leaving Blizzard...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Pfffhahahahahahahaha. Oh man, that's worth the laugh of a lifetime. Thanks guy, you deliver pure gold.

Now to wait and see who will become the new scapegoat that this toxic community will blame for the state of PvP in WoW.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2017-06-15 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And a resounding cheer could be heard throughout the world.
    decisions are rarely made by one person. It's just one person that ends up the face that takes all the heat. I'm sure very little will change and you'll be yelling at someone else tomorrow.

So, do you think the craptastic reward system in PvP was his doing? I think it was imposed on him. No one wants the rewards of the content they are responsible for nerfed; it makes getting good usage stats all the harder.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    All the best Holinka. Hope your new job keeps you fulfilled! I'm sure getting away from the toxic as fuck WoW PvP community will be a weight off your shoulders as well.

- - - Updated - - -

pot calling the kettle black much?

- - - Updated - - -

Right cause WOD was so fucking wonderful and the shit show that is 7.2 and 7.2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Now to wait and see who will become the new scapegoat that this toxic community will blame for the state of PvP in WoW.
    Well he was in charge of PVP and PVP has been complete garbage since WOD ..not really a scapegoat
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I hope they move him to Overwatch and Watchpoint: Ashran suddenly gets announced.
    i would love to see a 12v12 or 24v24 map
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Maybe you esport trash could go play a game actually crafted for competitive PVP and stop ruining ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Ah, the comment section is as always super kind and peaceful whenever it's about a Blizzard employee leaving.

Selling pitchforks and torches! 100G each! Buy 3 and receive a 4th pitchfork or torch for free! Also offering discounted family packs!

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler promised nothing and delivered.

Holinka promised a lot and didn't deliver.

On balance I prefer Holinka though hopefully we can get someone better than either.