Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Even with spirit bomb currently warriors and paladins probably do more single target dps
    Hihihi, no.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

-

Spirit bomb will be halved in damage, potentially even beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm 2v1ing on my Veng in skirms. Pretty fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Well, in their defense, I'm sure those ranking at the top are disregarding all defensive talents and abilities and spending ALL of their resources on DPSing as well as using their DPS leggos.

This will NOT be the case on progression fights or they'll die...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Hihihi, no.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

-

Spirit bomb will be halved in damage, potentially even beyond that.
    My guess will be they'll do what they did with WW's SotW. They'll keep main target damage about the same and reduce the AoE effectiveness of it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-15 at 05:41 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm still not seeing any issues here. They're a bit ahead on a few fights that they can capitalize on and that's playing in a way that will get them killed in heroic tomb or high M+ keys.

This happened in HFC too, and there were DPS specs where people would literally start ignoring mechanics that would nearly 1-shot them expecting a healer to deal with it since moving was a DPS loss and the end result was a significant increase in DPS that wasn't viable during progression.

If Blizzard is intelligent they won't care about farm content and will care about progression. If VDH is broken midway through mythic tomb progression or letting people push 22+ keys that no other comp can, it's going to see a nerf. If not, it's fine, and this is pretty stupid QQ. It's like none of you remember boon of the WTF in HFC with PPs consistently destroying geared 740 DPS that weren't mages, or bears who killed the boss entirely in cat form, as if you're going to see that on a progression 8+ minute fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Indeed and when that happens in ToS, it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I'm still not seeing any issues here. They're a bit ahead on a few fights that they can capitalize on and that's playing in a way that will get them killed in heroic tomb or high M+ keys.

This happened in HFC too, and there were DPS specs where people would literally start ignoring mechanics that would nearly 1-shot them expecting a healer to deal with it since moving was a DPS loss and the end result was a significant increase in DPS that wasn't viable during progression.

If Blizzard is intelligent they won't care about farm content and will care about progression. If VDH is broken midway through mythic tomb progression or letting people push 22+ keys that no other comp can, it's going to see a nerf. If not, it's fine, and this is pretty stupid QQ. It's like none of you remember boon of the WTF in HFC with PPs consistently destroying geared 740 DPS that weren't mages, or bears who killed the boss entirely in cat form, as if you're going to see that on a progression 8+ minute fight.
    http://i.imgur.com/SkIhjNK.png You're so right, there's no issue here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wow, that would be extremely sneaky of blizzard if this is connected.
    it could be that they know they will be nerfing them and decided not to let anyone have any free skins

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    This is hilarious haha.

I am saying that against people of equal skill, a tank should never beat a dps on damage.

Apparantly you're not bright enough to realise that if they're doing 800k now, they'll be doing 800k+ in ToS, while we'll be doing 1.2mil~

It's not about the fact they're doing high dmg on farm, it's the fact they CAN do this damage, and will continue to do so, or do you think dmg goes down when a new raid comes out?

You make 0 sense.
    But these people aren't on the same level of skill. The tank is miles ahead of his raid team's dpsers. They're dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    But these people aren't on the same level of skill. The tank is miles ahead of his raid team's dpsers. They're dogshit.
    And? Who cares about their specific raid. The topic is Vengeance is too strong, when working out if something is too strong, you have to look at everything on an equal playing field. So you then see his post, go wow that's a lot of dmg, and look up what dps are doing at similar gear/skill.

And? Who cares about their specific raid. The topic is Vengeance is too strong, when working out if something is too strong, you have to look at everything on an equal playing field. So you then see his post, go wow that's a lot of dmg, and look up what dps are doing at similar gear/skill.
    And DPS does 2-3 times as much damage, at least.
    DH tanks might do a bit to much compared to other tanks but you're over overreacting and having a hissy fit over a really small issue.

I'm guessing you're playing one of the other thanks and you're a bit butthurt. Thats fine, we've all been there.

And DPS does 2-3 times as much damage, at least.
    DH tanks might do a bit to much compared to other tanks but you're over overreacting and having a hissy fit over a really small issue.

I'm guessing you're playing one of the other thanks and you're a bit butthurt. Thats fine, we've all been there.
    http://i.imgur.com/SkIhjNK.png

I'm a dps btw, and in no situation is a dh tank even close to beating me, but I'm not oblivious. I can see when something isn't right.

Do you play vengeance or something?

http://i.imgur.com/SkIhjNK.png

I'm a dps btw, and in no situation is a dh tank even close to beating me, but I'm not oblivious. I can see when something isn't right.

Do you play vengeance or something?
    No, I play a warrior as DPS.

No, I play a warrior as DPS.
    Why are you dodging mentioning the screenshot? Because it proved you wrong?

Why are you dodging mentioning the screenshot? Because it proved you wrong?
    Proved what? That you can do silly stuff with good gear?
    Aye, DKs have done that since wrath.

Proved what? That you can do silly stuff with good gear?
    Aye, DKs have done that since wrath.
    Ahh now you're clearly grasping for straws.

Make this as simple as possible for you op. Yes DH is bit strong in NH that is not a great indicator of if it will continue to be in ToS. Nerfs will come if they continue at that pace once it launches.

HOWEVER as a member of that raid team that should not be anywhere near your priority you should focus on how disappointing your dps are. YOUR BEAR out dpses some of them on a few pulls. You gunna make a nerf bear thread to? I bust my heroic raiders balls for pulling those numbers ...... whats your excuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No. For tanks/healers once their roles are met (which is a fairly low bar) the rest of the time and any tradeoff should be made to maximize boss/add damage.

A DPS does say 1 million and a tank does say 500k. To say their damage is trivial is wrong. It's important. Healers can also do several hundred thousand. These are nontrivial things and if you're a tank who sits at 140k DPS or a healer who sits at 0, you're terrible at this game.
    Such an elitist statement. It leaves no room for people who are new, or people who are used to other mmos, or people are used to a different time in WoWs history.

Max performance or gtfo.

Feel free to link your profile to allow yourself to be scrutinized so we can determine how awesome or "terrible" you are at this game.

What does this have to do with anything, it's a tank, it shouldn't be doing that much dmg. Who cares how it compares to his other raiders, look at the raw numbers.
    As long as stuff dies and people get loot who cares who does the most damage? Isn't the point downing the boss and not what some addon says?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Ahh now you're clearly grasping for straws.
    Sigh... Of course I am, you win. Everything but the class you play is OP and skills should not matter in a game like WoW.
    All classes should also be balanced around old content that is no longer current just to please you.
    You can also never be wrong and your word is law.
    Happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    because he compared his truely awful dps, to a tank that is really good. the gap would be smaller, but notice i did day DH is hilariously overtuned.

i'd like to see a better view of some 95 percentile dps and him, instead of this 40 percentile & 100 which skews the results.
    what the hell does this have to do with anything?

the fucking tank did 1.2m dps.

one
    point
    two
    million

on some fights 880k, 950k......

you have some dps right now that are 100% parsing around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just poor design period.

People soloing mythic dungeons.

This isn't just a DH problem. Healers shouldn't be able to neglect healing and come close to or out dps, pure dps I don't care if the fight is 60s, 2 min or 10 min. It shouldn't happen period. I can't shine my balls, put on crazy train, and fucking dps tank the shit out of xxxx boss as pure dps, and no matter how dedicated to healing I may want to be a given time, I can't heal the shit out of the raid as pure dps in a clutch moment.

And really how does that even make any sense. For years now... since WotLK healers have been all about resource management. Quite certain I've been told many times, you don't play a healer for throughput. Unless of course you want to dps instead of heal... throughput the shit of that. If healers/healing has become so trivial that the worth of a healer is measured not only in keeping the raid alive, but your dps TOO. Design has failed.

What this is, is a symptom of developers not playing their own game. When ilvl has become so inflated that relevant content is trivial in max level gear. Your max level is too damn high.