Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'm assuming you've never played SWTOR? Since nearly every guild I've been in has a Flagship which is literally just a giant Cosmetic since they make no attempt to do conquest.

People greatly underestimate peoples desire to just create and have fun. Not everything needs a reward or carrot on a stick.
    the players who play swtor are much different then the people who play wow, also speaking most of the things on there cost real life money...
    the kind of players we have in wow are very different then those in swtor, those in swtor are fine having to pay to get literally everything, well the players in wow have been freaking out about ANYTHING behind money since the start

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Totally unrelated to this topic, but just wanted to say, having seen all the toxicity on these forums throughout the years, you're one of few people I'd consider a breath of fresh air in this wasteland of hyperboles, absolutes and continuing whining. Don't know how you do it, but keep it up.
    thanks you ^u^ i hear this kinda stuff very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the players who play swtor are much different then the people who play wow, also speaking most of the things on there cost real life money...
    the kind of players we have in wow are very different then those in swtor, those in swtor are fine having to pay to get literally everything, well the players in wow have been freaking out about ANYTHING behind money since the start
    ....So yes it seems you have not played Swtor. Since the Flagship decorations are about 90% obtained through playing the actual game and the 10% that aren't can be bought for ingame currency from the Auction house.. Also most of the People I play Swtor with are WoW players.

The difference between subscriptions and microtransactions is lost on you, again. Also the sheer amount of people that spend hours honing their transmog would like a word with you when it comes to cosmetic content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The difference between subscriptions and microtransactions is lost on you, again. Also the sheer amount of people that spend hours honing their transmog would like a word with you when it comes to cosmetic content.
    yes, but is that group a majority? is that group big enough to pay for the resources? is that group the kinda group that would actually hang out there?

the issue is if you have an expansion where people are just able to sit somewhere and do nothing, that is a problem
    the people who will get the most use of it is RPers but normal players dont log on and chill somewhere for hours, they que up for stuff, run out and do quests,etc

do you really want to add thousands of hours of work so people can fly in circles around a class hall instead of dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    ....So yes it seems you have not played Swtor. Since the Flagship decorations are about 90% obtained through playing the actual game and the 10% that aren't can be bought for ingame currency from the Auction house.. Also most of the People I play Swtor with are WoW players.
    well as i remember and as this says
    these are the ones that can be obtained in game normally (bear in mind some of these actuallty come from collectors edition and stuff)

and now the list of ones on the cartel market (real life money)

i would not call that 10%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Have you seen the features SWTOR and ESO have managed to put out on a shoestring budget? Blizzard must be dumping every cent from WoW into other games.
    yes and i mean they are doing so well, they sure are successful, i mean they have just stomped wow out, i mean when you think MMO you think Swtor and ESO, no one thinks of wow anymore, its odviously doing much worse

SWTOR has just been horrible, i still remember when after 3 days of the 30 days free you got when buyying the game they said "ok now you have to buy a month of time to get your other 27 free days"

yeah they said "30 days free play time with your account when you first start" then they said "lol welp 3 days have passed, pay 15$ to get your other 27 days"

also how they released the game over a week, not telling us till just before the release that "we will allow people into the game in waves based on when they pre-ordered" and this was a lie btw, 3 of our friends who pre-ordered much much earlier then the rest of us had to wait till the final day

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    @OP I don't think ANY of that stuff is going to happen except maybe the transmog (though that won't be a priority for them at all) and AH ui which indeed feels ancient.

Subraces would be cool but I hope these aren't done in lieu of a new race or two. WoWs character customization is a joke though and badly needs an update with FAR more options. Picking height and body size would be cool too... I can't imagine that is so hard to do but I don't code.

Suramar was a huge step forward in story telling and solo experience. There should be more of this but make the rewards account locked and maybe slightly shorter, but otherwise I was amazed by that experience in game.

Profession quests are great but I think they are too long and tedious. Doing a whole quest (line) for one rank of one item is too much. Honestly, I would love to be able to chill with an NPC somewhere and just work on crafting there for a while and totally nerd out. Sort of like the quests where you build the components and put the item together yourself from items they give you. I think this is fine for learning and ranking up.

Probably won't see a new class next exp but maybe a race like nightborne or naga.

Garrison phone games will continue in some fashion and I bet AP exists thru some new form even if it's like valor points.

The problem with some common MMO body customization is that wow's gear modeling and player models aren't dynamic. Gear has to be custom repainted for each race and each gender, and places where clipping happens or meshes don't match or patterns get warped or don't mesh need to be custom redone. That's part of why it takes so much time for gear to be designed for this game and a glimpse into why the team needs to be so huge to get anything done on today's player expectation model.

The engine wasn't designed with the kind of long term things in mind modern ones are. I'm still amazed to see new effects every expansion--the animated, multi-layered textures are a good example this expac. What I'd really like is a new game done fresh with all the experience they've had for a decade. But mmos aren't as big as they used to be--people want fps and moba and anything else. The amount of resources and staff required--for launch and long term--isn't feasible and what they have now works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You know how I know you have no idea what you're talking about?
    you do know you could just say "how you know" instead of telling me you know, forcing me to ask, then you responding?

well looks like i did have an idea cause 2 hours later, nothing
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-06-16 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Paragon Progression - Some sort of paragon progression system similar to Diablo 3's paragon system. Optional not mandatory.
    If it involves any kind of power increase it will be mandatory.

Deleted
    - Sub-races
    - Long leveling process, where gears you obtain doing hard-quest & dungeon during leveling matters
    - Sense of adventure & grouping while leveling
    - Lesser sense of clustering on a remote isle\continent, would like to have to do something in Azeroth
    - Good gear for good players (and i'm not one of those) & no more Legendary for everyone, 'cause you lose sense of prestige and reward

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    - Sub-races
    Neat idea, but how would you like implemented it? Just cosmetic?

- Long leveling process, where gears you obtain doing hard-quest & dungeon during leveling matters
    While you're at it, why not make dungeons so hard (like, current Mythic-level hard) that to have a chance of beating the dungeon you need to have your equipment properly enchanted and gemmed (when applicable)? In a more serious note... no. Not a good idea, especially thanks to the fact the max level has reached triple-digit heights. I honestly would not enjoy having to level a new character from level one to max level at the pace it was during Wrath, or, god forbid, vanilla.

- Sense of adventure & grouping while leveling
    Nice buzzwords. How do you define 'sense of adventure'? Because different people define that differently. For me, for example, the 'sense of adventure' comes from exploring new sights, new areas, new stories. Some define 'sense of adventure' as the constant danger of going into a hostile zone. Etc, etc...

As for "grouping", do you mean, mandatory grouping to be able to finish a group quest, one that is mandatory for story progression?

- Lesser sense of clustering on a remote isle\continent, would like to have to do something in Azeroth
    Because remodeling the entire world in Cataclysm has gone so well with the community...

- Good gear for good players (and i'm not one of those)
    What, exactly, do you mean with that?

no more Legendary for everyone, 'cause you lose sense of prestige and reward
    You prefer the "one legendary for one, maybe two or three classes per expansion" method?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

While you're at it, why not make dungeons so hard (like, current Mythic-level hard) that to have a chance of beating the dungeon you need to have your equipment properly enchanted and gemmed (when applicable)? In a more serious note... no. Not a good idea, especially thanks to the fact the max level has reached triple-digit heights. I honestly would not enjoy having to level a new character from level one to max level at the pace it was during Wrath, or, god forbid, vanilla.

Nice buzzwords. How do you define 'sense of adventure'? Because different people define that differently. For me, for example, the 'sense of adventure' comes from exploring new sights, new areas, new stories. Some define 'sense of adventure' as the constant danger of going into a hostile zone. Etc, etc...

As for "grouping", do you mean, mandatory grouping to be able to finish a group quest, one that is mandatory for story progression?

Because remodeling the entire world in Cataclysm has gone so well with the community...

You prefer the "one legendary for one, maybe two or three classes per expansion" method?
    sub races could be cosmetic with slight changes, cause as we allready know these days racials are basicly nothing... only the top 1% of players play a race for their racial

i agree the second point is stupid
    so is the third
    so it the forth
    so is the fifth
    and so is sixth
    the only good point he had is the first

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR has just been horrible, i still remember when after 3 days of the 30 days free you got when buyying the game they said "ok now you have to buy a month of time to get your other 27 free days"

yeah they said "30 days free play time with your account when you first start" then they said "lol welp 3 days have passed, pay 15$ to get your other 27 days"
    Wat. I literally played since Early Access and never had what you are describing happen. I didn't even have a Credit card at that point or gametime cards so ok...?

Also, all the stuff on CM is buyable with Credits from other people. How is that different from WoW Token?

Your entire argument of "people wouldn't do cosmetics in Wow but do in other games because reasons" is asinine.

I just want an outfit transmog. Doesnt matter how many times you change gear pieces, you look like the outfit you transmog to. Yes I would pay good amount of gold to use the feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wat. I literally played since Early Access and never had what you are describing happen. I didn't even have a Credit card at that point or gametime cards so ok...?

Also, all the stuff on CM is buyable with Credits from other people. How is that different from WoW Token?

Your entire argument of "people wouldn't do cosmetics in Wow but do in other games because reasons" is asinine.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72192
    from the time the game launched
    nice try

as he said, after 3 days they said to EVERYONE "gotta buy another card, or be signed up for repeat billing"

so you must have forgot, or are lying cause it ruined my guild, we had daily level caps cause we were role playing, so suddenly when half our guild couldent log on for a few days it caused alot of problems, and actually broke up my friendship with my best friend because of it

also the game charges you for action bars
    come the fucking fuck on
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-06-16 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72192
    from the time the game launched
    nice try

as he said, after 3 days they said to EVERYONE "gotta buy another card, or be signed up for repeat billing"

so you must have forgot, or are lying cause it ruined my guild, we had daily level caps cause we were role playing, so suddenly when half our guild couldent log on for a few days it caused alot of problems, and actually broke up my friendship with my best friend because of it
    I got to the end of my 30 days then had an American guildy that I had made friends with over the first month buy me a Gamecard since they weren't available in Australia at the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got to the end of my 30 days then had an American guildy that I had made friends with over the first month buy me a Gamecard since they weren't available in Australia at the time.
    well then i guess austrailian law stopped it or something
    cause the rest of us had to either set up a subscription meaning you needed a credit card (yes it would not charge you, but you still needed to set up your recurring, and not cancel it for a few weeks) or to buy a game card, and they had not arrived in our town yet so our friends had to wait a week to play

are you trying to use your word of mouth to prove that thread from back when it happened false?

- Character customization overhaul. I'm not talking about sliders, but more categories and options for every race and gender.

I'm thinking of having enough options for subraces to be irrelevant. If dwarves have a red-eyed option, grey and black skin options, and new hairstyles, then Dark Irons are available. If tauren have new horn, mane, hair and beard options, taunka and yaunka are available. Etcetera.

- Proper housing. Blizzard argues about its functionality, but if transmog, toys and pet battles have proven something is that many players are collectors and completionists. Garrisons were hardly customizable and, despite their efforts, offered little reason to invite other players into yours.

- Minigames. This is a broad concept that includes scenarios, challenges, treasures and micro-holidays. "Things to do that aren't tied to the main PvE/PvP progression", anything from procedural/random solo/duo stealth/puzzle scenarios (evolved from the Troves of the Thunder King) to PvE/PvP minigames like Plants vs Zombies, the cooking scenario from MoP or jousting from WotLK.

Ideally, it would reach a point where your reward for doing an activity is unlocking something for another activity. They're currently limited to pet battles giving you toys, transmog giving you titles, toys giving you mounts, reputations giving you pets. But by adding more kinds of cosmetics and more kinds of minigames, you create a network of collectibles. Each with its own progression path and interwined with the others.

- World world quests. This would bring back obsolete zones and factions, make the old world relevant for max-level and justify the development time spent on fixing what the Cataclysm destroyed. World bosses, rare quests with long CDs, hidden quests that only appear when a criteria is met. With phasing, sharding and scaling, they could make the world truly alive.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-06-16 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Ergh... no, that's not how you fix professions. They need a complete gameplay revamp. I would say like FFXIV where they are actually a mini-game with skills and gear you can play to craft the best gear and/or stuff.

Otherwise, just remove them. Professions are a boring waste of time only good to take advantage of people on the AH to make copious ammounts of gold scamming. Or just remove all crafting professions and give consumable crafting to the gathering professions herbalism/mining/skinning.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-16 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Neat idea
    Mmm in first, you have to handle the question: hey, why now you can have a subrace and not before? This can be a little "intro" scenario, where you go to some scientist\alchemist\mage that asks you some stuff, some blood, some skin etc and the "you" choose your current subrance. If you want, or you remain the subrace for your race.

You can implement it in a cosmetic way, but also in a lore context (specific little quest, reputation bonus-malus etc), a skill context (like racials traits, with different purposes - not incredibly relevant but still there. You can give some profession bonus or special cooking recipe based on region where character born etc.

I'm not saying leveling from 1 to 60 again, but having a bit slower leveling process would be something i like. I liked the no-flying thing at the beginning of legion, and moving around in your mount seeing other players doing quest was nice and immersive. What i was hoping for was "not doing this dungeon just for one quest" but the excitement you have running a dungeon hoping that a piece of gear that could help your leveling process will drop. It was a nice component of the game, and it was satisfying at least for me.

The sense of adventure for me is different things. For sure, as you said, exploring, new sights, new areas, new stories, new monsters. Then comes the sense of moving in an unexplored legion with dangers & hostilities. It is grouping with other players to be able to explore a particular area of that region, for questing or getting some rare mob not-doable in solo, hoping to get something useful to level up. Adventuring is also group or sneak-alone in a hostile faction region or a high-leveled region to do something or to reach a new area (like traveling throu strangethorn valley to get the gryphon point at the bay). Adventuring is also getting in the 3-man-scenario from Legion Invasion, or live the sense of sneaking in from Court of Star last part (<3 loved it). Is really subjective, but you can generalize some concepts.

Youp, maybe not mandatory one, but grouping for some special rewards would be cool in my opinion. "Find Group" helps a lot, but is more something like "Letz do it and then farewell" than "Hey we did it together last time, are you okay to do this together again?".

Exploring a new area, but being able to came back for some quest\chain quest sometimes, speak with PNG in your cities, play little scenarios here and there etc. Not a rewamp, a re-live!

The sense of accomplishment of a guild that works hard to get their healer or tank have a legendary that can do the difference is something that i liked a lot from a "not-high-end" level player.

That gave me a really high cap to aim for to improve, and in general the message was "Whoa, the game rewarded who invested a lot in it very well".

Sorry i dont know i i've explained well, english is not my mother language

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    Mmm in first, you have to handle the question: hey, why now you can have a subrace and not before? This can be a little "intro" scenario, where you go to some scientist\alchemist\mage that asks you some stuff, some blood, some skin etc and the "you" choose your current subrance. If you want, or you remain the subrace for your race.
    Wait... what? You mean... changing into a sub-race after your character has already gone through character generation? That makes no sense.

I'm not saying leveling from 1 to 60 again, but having a bit slower leveling process would be something i like.
    Well, it's not going to happen. A slower leveling would only be detrimental to the game, since every expansion adds ten character levels to level-up through (Cata and MoP being the outliers with just 5 levels (which took roughly the same time as ten, tbh)).

Is really subjective, but you can generalize some concepts.
    Actually, precisely because it is subjective, you can't generalize it.

Youp, maybe not mandatory one, but grouping for some special rewards would be cool in my opinion. "Find Group" helps a lot, but is more something like "Letz do it and then farewell" than "Hey we did it together last time, are you okay to do this together again?".
    This may sound condescending, but what's stopping you from asking that question the players you just grouped up with?

Exploring a new area, but being able to came back for some quest\chain quest sometimes, speak with PNG in your cities, play little scenarios here and there etc. Not a rewamp, a re-live!
    You don't get it. The areas would have to be "revamped" to have those new questlines added.

The sense of accomplishment of a guild that works hard to get their healer or tank have a legendary that can do the difference is something that i liked a lot from a "not-high-end" level player.
    I honestly don't like the idea of, out of a guild of dozens of people, only one or two get hand-picked to work on their legendaries, which would take several weeks, possibly months, to complete? Not a good idea, to be honest.