Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    clearly you never worked in any corporation if you swallaw that PR bullshit so easily

same as people beliveing ghostcrawlr wasnt fired .
    Ghostcrawler clearly left for a better job.

If they had fired Holinka they would have just said so, the community has been asking for it the moment he laid his hands on pvp. If a company fires you, you don't go out and publicly claim to still be working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Did you read the contract between Bungie and ActivisionBlizzard? I wasn't aware that was publicly available.
    All I know is that according to wikipedia:

that they keep the rights to their IPs, what kind of influence they have on another is everyones guess. They did specifically say that they teamed up with Activision because of their marketing expertise though if you read the original anouncement. With the contract ending in 3 years it wouldn't surprise me if they already work on getting a closer contract next, after all they bothered to throw it onto Blizzard's launcher instead if whipping up their own, that certainly doesn't speak of a high desire for independence anymore.

Either way, my point was that the Blizzard studio has bugger all to do with Shitstainy 2.

Not going to argue any semantics on this one but the full contract IS publicly available http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-...sion-contract/

and bullet pointed here http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bungie...ision_Contract

I see all those people cheering Holinka's departure, and celebrating how PvP will 'go back to being fun'... Then I look at Ghostcrawler's departure, the massive amount of cheering his departure caused, and all the other lead developers that left the game... Their departures didn't change a thing in the game, at least not in ways people were hoping. So I can't help but wonder: if their departures didn't change anything despite all the cheering and celebrating... why are people so convinced this time would be any different?

And why do people keep thinking that it's just because someone is "lead developer", it means their word is law and everyone below his position must accept it without question, and there's no one else above him he has to answer to.

Guys, "lead developer" doesn't mean "the only one with the ideas". Ideas for changes come from everyone in the team, and all are considered. If anything, being "lead" is more akin to being the one that makes the reports for, and answers to the upper management, and keeps the team organized with what to do. Not someone who makes all the decisions without any input from their minions, who must carry out the orders without question.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    hahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha. Now just fire hazzikostas and wow will be great again.
    Yeah right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep. Pretty sad that instead of wishing him well they choose to go on the offensive. Pretty sad people have to insult 1 person when they damn well know the WoW team designs as a collective.
    When you're a manager or in charge you must expect to take the blame, not the people below you

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyShield View Post
    Okey, one is down one more to go. :looks at Ian:
    This exactly.

Ian has no passion for WoW and it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is too bad, Brian H. was one of the best PvP designers this game has ever seen. The balance in PvP has been superb over the last 5 years, some of the best balance the game has seen.

Brian will be missed for sure, but I know hes off to better things at Blizzard (ie promotion).

You're joking, right? I mean, you forgot to put a /s in there or something? PvP balance right now is god awful, easily the worst it's been since before Wrath.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nice cherry picking there. Thanks for proving you aren't worth the time. If you want to actually discuss this throw me a PM? That good?
    People have literally quoted the scum that came from his mouth. It's on your for ignoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Whoever takes his place won't be able to do much until the next expansion, if there is a next expansion.
    Unless they are working on WoW2, they started development on the next expansion before Legion even launched, that is how it has always worked... They aren't going to stop making expansions for their cash cow until they replace the cash cow with a new one.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Unless they are working on WoW2, they started development on the next expansion before Legion even launched, that is how it has always worked... They aren't going to stop making expansions for their cash cow until they replace the cash cow with a new one.
    What cash cow dude? Overwatch and Hearthstone are the big dogs now. I wouldn't be surprised if HoTs makes more money than WoW too. WoW is a dying game with a huge staff, and hasn't been their main source of income for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What cash cow dude? Overwatch and Hearthstone are the big dogs now. I wouldn't be surprised if HoTs makes more money than WoW too. WoW is a dying game with a huge staff, and hasn't been their main source of income for a while now.
    I could be wrong (and am happy to be corrected), but I'm pretty sure Blizzard still make the most from World of Warcraft - though the gap is decreasing.

The reality is that the "new project" will either be a replacement in their current portfolio, or a different genre. Blizzard are not going to set something up against one of their major franchises, and I think World of Warcraft still has some time to go. They currently have the best TCG on the market, the best dungeon crawler, amongst the best RTS's and a pretty good MOBA. Their FPS is also pretty good, and will deliver for them on the e-sports front.

Whatever it is that the likes of Chilton and Holinka have moved off to do, it'll not compete directly with what Blizzard already has going on.

Oh, and one more thing.

Good riddance to Brian Holinka. I strongly doubt he'll be missed.

It's fucking hilarious that every positive comment is downvoted to hell.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Holinka gone I feel sorry for the poor sucker who takes his place as the punching bag of the WoW PVP community..

if you read their financial report it states that 2/3 if their income is from subscriptions. Now count the games that have subscribers, since i only count 1 ... WoW

Also they state :
    "Operating income nearly doubled Y/Y, driven primarily by the success of Overwatch and World of Warcraft"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    It's fucking hilarious that every positive comment is downvoted to hell.
    On the official forums not surprised one bit, the one thing I have learned from those forums is never ever post anything positive about the game.. It is why I am glad that this forum has not gone for the stupid post vote system..

10+ Year Old Account
    so pleased... total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Tayune View Post
    if you read their financial report it states that 2/3 if their income is from subscriptions. Now count the games that have subscribers, since i only count 1 ... WoW

Also they state :
    "Operating income nearly doubled Y/Y, driven primarily by the success of Overwatch and World of Warcraft"
    Yeah, WoW is and probably always will be the money maker that funds projects like Titan that wasted all that money and finally gave birth to Overwatch, which might in a couple decades remake the money lost in development of the piece of shit Rob Pardo couldn't make up his mind on while he went to Vegas every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This exactly.

Ian has no passion for WoW and it shows.
    Where does it show, exactly?

I wish him well in the next chapter of his life. The show will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    On the official forums not surprised one bit, the one thing I have learned from those forums is never ever post anything positive about the game.. It is why I am glad that this forum has not gone for the stupid post vote system..
    It gets hilarious and other times depressing the types of things that get upvoted in the forums. There is still on going discussion over the non-linear ilvl scaling filled with players claiming it is a complete removal of player progression. Then there are those who act like Blizzard was being wishy washy over their statements.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...=222#post-4432

At this point I just want an official yes it's staying or no it's not. No more of this psychological game BS Blizzard's playing with us. Just one straight answer. This is the second full patch I've not logged in for because of this, and if it's remaining, I want to know now so I can plan my entertainment accordingly.
    So much blind hatred from people still tossing their money at Blizzard.