Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    at this point you should have 52 in all specs, blizzard is known to destroy specs overnight (look at MM in 7.1.5 patch day, where you wont even get a raid spot untill they buff the spec over 4 weeks).

i dont trust blizzard so i play all warrior specs and got atleast 52 and some legenderies i can use in said spec.

the benefit of concordance past 52 is minimal at best so i rather do 1% less but have a spec i can switch to in the blink of an eye.

arms can end up like fire mages in 7.3 so you better watch your 6.
    Its not even 1% my napkin math was showing each point as ~1674.24 dps per point past the first, aka ~.015% per point at roughly ~32% uptime (which is about what sims put concordances uptime at)
    Last edited by Paleaura; 2017-06-16 at 05:38 AM.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if I should spec FoB.
    Dauntless-Trauma-TM-IFTK-OppS seems quite nice.
    I'm not rage starved nor sated when with FoB, I could easily get rage starved or w/o CSmash at the ready due to no Tactitian procs or other reason.
    its a QOL, slam is less dmg but its also less rage, im sure its a small difrence anyways since most of my dmg is MS > execute > CS > and WW is 4th on ST

on aoe tho you cant run TM because you will want to WW anyways so might aswell have it hit hard on the main target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    Its not even 1% my napkin math was showing each point as ~1674.24 dps per point past the first, aka ~.015% per point at roughly ~32% uptime (which is about what sims put concordances uptime at)
    thank you, this makes me even less crazy about farming AP outside where i get it as a secondary goal, like m+ or raids and those sexy 26mil warden's quests.

Deleted
    Just picked up the new legendary helm for arms yesterday so happy about that, question is: Should I upgrade helm/exe ring/kil jaedens to 970 first?

Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    Just picked up the new legendary helm for arms yesterday so happy about that, question is: Should I upgrade helm/exe ring/kil jaedens to 970 first?
    you will go with helm and ring so, go with helm first since it has Str too next to its regular secondaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    you will go with helm and ring so, go with helm first since it has Str too next to its regular secondaries.
    Thank you mate

Eh, I've got ayalla and manoroth manacles. Should I upgrade wrists because of strength gain?

Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    trinket, the helm isnt worth using untill you got 4set and you can only use possible 5 piece to get it since helm slot taken.
    the trinket on use gets a direct boost to the on use effect from upgrading it.

ring or helm 2nd depending on what items you get from TOS first week

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I've got ayalla and manoroth manacles. Should I upgrade wrists because of strength gain?
    probably, ring upgrade is just more crit :S

And as arms I basically don't want crit.
    Thank you for responding.

at this point you should have 52 in all specs, blizzard is known to destroy specs overnight (look at MM in 7.1.5 patch day, where you wont even get a raid spot untill they buff the spec over 4 weeks).

i dont trust blizzard so i play all warrior specs and got atleast 52 and some legenderies i can use in said spec.

the benefit of concordance past 52 is minimal at best so i rather do 1% less but have a spec i can switch to in the blink of an eye.

Yes, I have way more than 52 but I'd still rather put AP into the spec that I'll be palying.

Yep, they almost always overshoot and you have to hope they revert somewhat -- look at the original arms, dh, and spriest nerfs in EN. Someone thought those OG nerfs equated to "balance." Look at the draught 40% number to start. I don't know why, but hey almost always just go overboard, you'd think they have the data right there in front of them.

If you dig through the logs, Arms is just about 5-6% ahead of Fury (on general ST fights). So here's to hoping the hyperbole surrounding the spec doesn't get it crunched -- 10% or more and we are straight back to NH. And if that ends up being the case, the vast majority of warriors (including myself) will be playing Fury because it's simply more versatile and will perform better in pretty much any situation (hence NH 2.0). Arms needs a ST/cleave niche and I hope they respect that.

That's why I hope FoB eats the brunt of the nerf. Here's the thing about the rend build -- while it's close to FoB (still behind by a solid 50-100k dps though which is significant), it isn't as versatile. So by nerfing FoB, you take away Arms' being good at every fight. It has incredibly strong ST through a rend build, but sacrifices AoE potential; on the other hand it has a strong trauma/FoB aoe/cleave build, but it can't go balls to the wall ST. They need to be smart about these changes rather than hitting the base abilities with big negative modifiers or just a blanket aura change beyond 5%.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-06-16 at 09:59 AM.

anbokr you make some good points.

i feel like blizzard is honeydicking us, they nerf something hard AF and buff it just a bit so they can go "but we didnt go as hard as originally"

thanks i suppose blizz?

And as arms I basically don't want crit.
    Thank you for responding.
    not necessarily. with FoB crit gains a low value because of the rage return of WW even surpreses haste after %11 with In for the Kill. Though all subject to change consedering Blizzard's retarded tuning processes. So wait for any drastic regearing till at least Mythic ToS opens

If they do nerf Arms then FOB taking the brunt of it would be absolutely my preference but I'd love if they at least made some attempt to dial back some of the nerf on FR. I think I'm bored of talking about it now though and just need to decide if I'm gonna leave it until Argos or give TOS a try while I'm not too undergeared to jump straight in. I've tried discussing the topic on official forums but I get downvoted into oblivion by FOTM Fury re-rollers and LFR players.

As for Arms stats. With the FOB build my sims in a few different gear combinations showed all stats were valuable and not too far apart, at least relative to before. Much like EN times Simc is regularly getting a massive hardon for Haste, while the nerf to Mastery means ilvl on gear is more valuable, you won't be passing large ilvl upgrades quite so much just for better distribution. Mastery is still the best stat but it's not so desperate a situation as before.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-06-16 at 12:18 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    you won't be passing large ilvl upgrades quite so much just for better distribution.
    Which is great for my warrior who I dug up from oblivion first time since end of WoD. All ilvl upgrades I get have haste on them, which is good for Fury, but so so for Arms. The play style of Arms right now is very reminiscent of the back end of WoD, when they took away Slam and, all of a sudden, you became a vanilla-ish warrior, but not really. I mean, I did Challenge Masters with it while watching Boston Legal (don't judge me) doing sick deeps. I main healers, so I have enough decision making with that, thank you very much. Still, it was mind-numbing.

And yeah, War Machine + Sephuz in M+ is the best thing ever of all times. It's like I'm under some boss mechanic buff or hacking.

Great that Arms got so much attention... But tbh I hope they nerf Fervor of Battle, there's something wrong if WW spam is the top choice for single target. Trauma/FoB is also disgustingly boring and mindless to play IMO.

Right so..

Prot Warrior and Fury Warrior shared the same gear so obviously went Fury despite when Arms was king at the start of Legion since i tanked 24/7 either way, goofed around with Fury.

With Fob/Trauma, goofing around with new Arms, i am rage starved 24/7 and there are many periods of CS refusing to reset, leaving me insanely annoyed.

While now that i tried OP/Trauma/Titanic Might, i seem to be pulling averagely the same numbers (Trauma cause i am wearing Ayala),i am never rage starved, much more enjoyable while CS debuff is on 24/7.

Maybe with the legendary Arms gloves rage starvation isnt an issue? overall, sims are at 940-960K no matter so, its much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-16 at 02:38 PM.

personally have tried a few builds with arms and settled with overpower rend titanic might, sims lower but it seems more consistent and more fun. I strongly feel like you can only go ferver trauma build if you have the gloves or are in good graces with rngesus.

playing with titanic might then trying to switch from said talent is very hard to do, the quality of life this talent gives for arms is almost irreplaceable.
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-06-16 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Maybe with the legendary Arms gloves rage starvation isnt an issue? overall, sims are at 940-960K no matter so, its much more enjoyable.
    Yeah, like day and night. Without Gloves, starving liek an idiot, with gloves "Oh shit I am capping"...^^

Deleted
    Have ppl actually simmed their toons to see what stat weights the get? Was running ring/trinket initially, daunt/trauma/fob build, all sec stats where almost the same 25-26. Swapped to gloves and a much higher belt, loosing mastery completely from those 2 slots, while simming a few thousand higher than before while also avoiding getting those dry moments. Mastery went up to 29 while others stayed pretty much the same. In both cases unbuffed haste was 20+.

From what i see, with this build at least, mastery is not the only stat to aim for, seems more like you need a decent distribution amongst them, even crit. Probably a new item with more than 10ilvls is an upgrade even if it doesn't have mastery as long as your stats are somewhat "balanced". Would be nice to see if others are getting similar results and that mastery is not everything as it used to be.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2017-06-16 at 03:23 PM.

This is all temporary so that warriors can somewhat have fun while adjusting to the changes. The problem will be in that final tuning. I like rend play, but I don't see them killing off WW, and a flat dps nerf would feel worse out in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shioa View Post
    Yeah, like day and night. Without Gloves, starving liek an idiot, with gloves "Oh shit I am capping"...^^
    Same for me, I tried without the gloves and it's really bad, especially with lower ilvls. They should have made the gloves baseline and changed the gloves? I ran sims without them, and swapping out much lower stat gear I have using raidbots, but the gloves were better each time.