Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The scourge became irrelevant the moment arthas d8ed and the cult of the damned was dismantled. The cult of the damned was the backbone of the scourge

The scourge and all its leaders have been explored and e,hausted. That chapter of warcraft history is over
    Feel free to tell that to yourself, but if we got that lame "There's must always be a Lich King" excuse was exactly to lay the foundations of the Scourge story to come after the death of Arthas closed an important chapter. Otherwise we would have just killed Arthas, dismantled the Scourge and closed the arc on a definitive way for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    ''Nyorloth (creator of the WoW Story Forum and the Ask CDev project) confirmed Kel'Thuzad's continued existence by mentioning that he has "survived two separate Lich Kings"

Dont know if anyone responded or not with a source.
    Originally Posted by Nyorloth (Twitter)
    Since that would make me Kel'Thuzad in this equation (who has survived two separate Lich Kings), this is acceptable. KT > U (Source)
    That is an interesting catch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Originally Posted by Nyorloth (Twitter)
    Since that would make me Kel'Thuzad in this equation (who has survived two separate Lich Kings), this is acceptable. KT > U (Source)
    That is an interesting catch.
    Didn't know they hard confirmed Kel'Thuzad is alive.

I think there's a big chance of seeing him again then. Maybe we even see him in continuation of death knight class campaign, who knows.

What he says doesnt mean much. If kelthuzad wasnt dead he would of been guarding arthas in icc. Explain that

doesnt matter anyhow chronicle volume three will cover wotlk. Oh chronicle has also cemented that after azshara nzoth and next expac after the legion is destroyed its the end of the story.

Ever wonder why metzen retired

Starcraft story over
    Diablo story over
    Warcraft finale expac was mapped out.
    He versaw the birth of overwatch

His work the three huge narratives are complete

10+ Year Old Account
    What he says doesnt mean much. If kelthuzad wasnt dead he would of been guarding arthas in icc.
    Taking a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Taking a nap.
    only the lich king is allowed to hibernate!

10+ Year Old Account

You fail miserably at following the story flow. Holy shit

Also thw shadow council and demons were in WoD from the start when the deceptions failed at the blood drinking
    Yes, because minor shadow council presence is synonymous with massive Burning Legion presence.

Regardless, how is this going over your head? Can you legitimately not see how Warlords of Draenor was a curveball and didn't line up with what most speculation entailed given Wrathion's phrasing? I'm not even trying to be mean, but what are you not understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yes, because minor shadow council presence is synonymous with massive Burning Legion presence.

Regardless, how is this going over your head? Can you legitimately not see how Warlords of Draenor was a
    curveball and didn't line up with what most speculation entailed given Wrathion's phrasing? I'm not even trying to be mean, but what are you not understanding?
    The shadow council. Minor presence? Never happened council infested auchindoun, shadowmoon vallley, Shattrath

Wrathion also said it uld take some time or the alliance to subjugate thunder bluff the prepare for the legion. It was always known there would be a time gap

Also you cant dismiss WoD as heavy legion expansion when ARChIMONDE is there and is actually destroyed

Nevermind ahadow council is to legion. What twilight cult is to old gods and what cult of the damned is to scourge
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-06-16 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I certainly didn't expect WoD to follow MoP - I was more or less expecting us to go straight to Legion after all the lead-up with Wrathion and his dire pronouncements. Similar to how MoP was itself kind of curveball from Cata, as I personally thought we'd go straight into N'Zoth and his antics to finish up the Old Gods' story-arc in a kind of a "South Seas" inspired expansion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The shadow council. Minor presence? Never happened council infested auchindoun, shadowmoon vallley, Shattrath
    Are you going to pretend that the Shadow Council at launch wasn't completely eclipsed by the Iron Horde and Gorian Empire?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I certainly didn't expect WoD to follow MoP - I was more or less expecting us to go straight to Legion after all the lead-up with Wrathion and his dire pronouncements.
    Thank you, this is exactly the point I'm trying to drive home. God forbid we look at history though. Anaxie just knows what's happening next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thank you, this is exactly the point I'm trying to drive home. God forbid we look at history though. Anaxie just knows what's happening next.
    I do see anaxie's point, though; but in the opening content of WoD I thought Gul'dan and his Shadow Council was more a side-plot meant to give Khadgar more depth and a non-Orcish part of the overall expansion storyline. It didn't feel, at least to me, like something that would eventually lead directly into more Legion-centric content as it did when HFC and Tanaan were announced. Gul'dan felt like he came out of left field at the close of WoD's penultimate content patch to usurp Grommash as the antagonist. Mind you, at the time I (like everyone else I assume) was expecting WoD to end with Grommash as the final encounter - something that didn't even happen when HFC was finally wrapped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Also you cant dismiss WoD as heavy legion expansion when ARChIMONDE is there and is actually destroyed
    Actually we dont know that one for sure. Setback inc.

Are you going to pretend that the Shadow Council at launch wasn't completely eclipsed by the Iron Horde and Gorian Empire?

- - - Updated - - -

Shadow council was the focus of the legendary questline from day one. Also we spent a lot of time in shatrath so there is that.

The iron horde was incompetent and was overtaken by the ahadow council after getting effortlessly steamrolled.

To those believing in it. Sure they could bring KT back and leverage Bolvar as a prime villan. It would be the biggest cringe in the history of Warcraft however.
    Why exactly?
    - Bolvar's been getting some great setup.
    - He's had more than enough time to gather more forces in Northrend since Wrath. When they have a chance to do a Scourge expansion, it will have been 7 years in the lore.
    - The Scourge is likely THE most universaly liked enemy in Warcraft.
    - Everyone has been speculating about that since Wrath ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion also said it uld take some time or the alliance to subjugate thunder bluff the prepare for the legion. It was always known there would be a time gap.
    That's great hindsight there, anaxie. Are you actually under the impression right now that there wasn't a large swathe of players just as confident in the Legion following WoD as you are Azshara/N'zoth following Legion?

Yes, I can quite easily. It all boils down to Wrathion's constant warnings about a Legion invasion of Azeroth. You can't just boil things down to "Well, the expansion closed with Archimonde, so there we go, the speculators working off from Wrathion were right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually we dont know that one for sure. Setback inc.
    Yes we do hes dead. The devs. Guldan and kiljaeden all acknowledge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow council was the focus of the legendary questline from day one. Also we spent a lot of time in shatrath so there is that.

The iron horde was incompetent and was overtaken by the ahadow council after getting effortlessly steamrolled.
    Okay? They were still eclipsed by the Iron Horde and Gorian Empire in the launch of WoD. And no, we didn't spend that much time in Shattrath at all.

That's great hindsight there, anaxie. Are you actually under the impression right now that there wasn't a large swathe of players just as confident in the Legion following WoD as you are Azshara/N'zoth following Legion?

Yes, I can quite easily. It all boils down to Wrathion's constant warnings about a Legion invasion of Azeroth. You can't just boil things down to "Well, the expansion closed with Archimonde, so there we go, the speculators working off from Wrathion were right!"
    When guldan escaped it was obvious where the part 2 of he plot was going. Khadgar says as much

- - - Updated - - -

Okay? They were still eclipsed by the Iron Horde and Gorian Empire in the launch of WoD. And no, we didn't spend that much time in Shattrath at all.
    Shadow council was the legendary quest from day once and thus the core story focus. Khadgar said in the first quests guldan being loose is the real threat

10+ Year Old Account
    When guldan escaped it was obvious where the part 2 of he plot was going. Khadgar says as much
    Absolutely, that doesn't change the fact that the Iron Horde and Gorian Empire were indisputably the focus of early WoD.

Regardless, none of that is relevant, because WoD wasn't the "Legion invasion of Azeroth" expansion that all of the self-assured speculators were convinced was going to follow MoP. They had a far better case then, than you do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In WoD Shattrath was supposed to be a raid and quest hub, but it and its accompanying content was all scrapped and what remained were a handful of leveling quests and a split and retooled Apexis zone. I imagine the transition from Iron Horde to Legion as antagonist forces was originally going to be more gradual or organic, but with the resulting content crunch we got the body-swerve of the Tanaan patch and HFC content.