Thread: Stat prio DA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stat prio DA

Hi guys!

What is the stat prio for Unholy Frenzy/Dark Arbiter? mastery --> haste or haste --> mastery? i have 9% critical chance, 28% haste and 91% mastery with Leggy shoulder and uvanimor. Trinkets: 885 Chaos talisman and 890 Convergence
    Last edited by mmoc8f285f683e; 2017-06-15 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    Even with 9% haste, haste was lowest for me on raidbots.

Give raid bots a go and generate your own?

My understanding is:

Haste - reach the different caps: 15 % , 20 %, 28 % (something like that)

Mastery - A bit less important than before.

Crit - A bit more important than before.

But yeah... sim yourself and see

I feel like 2nd stats are overated. Been doing +10% more dps dropping every set + 25% less mastery for +7 overall ilvl. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    My understanding is:

Haste - reach the different caps: 15 % , 20 %, 28 % (something like that)

Mastery - A bit less important than before.

Crit - A bit more important than before.

But yeah... sim yourself and see
    Hey, i feel like this is a real good thread to dump some info. So, real quick regarding DA stat weights.

So, a bit of general math before we go any further:
    When you think about it from a theory standpoint, it makes sense that increasing the number of DA attacks would immensely increase its damage, especially if it means it gets another hit at the end (end of duration == closest to its possible damage potential. I personally think the reason why DA would have a low Haste weight with your gear would be because of "breakpoints".

Before i freak anyone out about "breakpoints" I just want to make myself clear. If DA starts a cast at 19 seconds duration and doesn't finish its cast, that is lost potential damage. But if you had 2-9% more haste or so (Don't quote me on those numbers), that attack would have started earlier (at for example, 16.5 seconds). Since that cast could finish earlier, you could have yet ANOTHER cast in between. (If cast 1 finishes .1s earlier, cast 10 should start around 1.0s earlier). ie, haste provides incremental DPS when DA is concerned, unlike mastery (flat AP%+ gain / AP% == total DA damage)

Because of the Duration extension of 5+ seconds ("buff"), there is going to be less importance placed on reaching the next possible breakpoint to the point where one could sacrifice ilvl for another DA attack. This is circumstantial though, as an increase of a #6 to #7 total DA attacks would be a much bigger dmg%+ than attack #17 to #18 total casts; Haste will drop off anyway, but the difference between 0 and (whatever the first DA breakpoint is) will be a massive deal.

ie, caps matter less the higher your haste gets, but will be important towards the lower end of the spectrum.

For you Dayendra, I wouldn't worry too much about breakpoints (unless upcoming TC'ing proves otherwise), I would feel safe just following your personal stat weights (ie focus on mastery, which is just a flat DPS increase).

But for you Dkwhyevernot I would probably look into getting a tad more haste, even if it comes out as the lowest stat weight. (since you have lower n# DA attacks overall)

(Please note: I would like to re emphasize this point, this/Haste increments were a bigger factor when we had a 15s duration, but with 20s its kinda... eh).

Good luck to you guys in Tomb

Deleted
    Hey banter thanks for that post it was very informative.

I'll play with getting more static haste and even a scrappy on use trinket I have but, as I don't have the shoulders yet, Sr still seems better.

I did get the new chest though

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Hey banter thanks for that post it was very informative.

I'll play with getting more static haste and even a scrappy on use trinket I have but, as I don't have the shoulders yet, Sr still seems better.

I did get the new chest though
    Haha nws, grats on the chest!!! Just a quick couple of points i forgot to mention before

- I would recommend taking a look at wowhead. Veiss recently updated it, and while I disagree with the breakpoints Veiss suggested (am going to be working with him to get more accurate ones though), the general idea/stat priority is pretty much correct imo

- I am working on a spreadsheet for basically all the DA stuff, which you can find here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DVA/edit#gid=0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banter View Post
    Haha nws, grats on the chest!!! Just a quick couple of points i forgot to mention before

- I would recommend taking a look at wowhead. Veiss recently updated it, and while I disagree with the breakpoints Veiss suggested (am going to be working with him to get more accurate ones though), the general idea/stat priority is pretty much correct imo

- I am working on a spreadsheet for basically all the DA stuff, which you can find here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DVA/edit#gid=0
    Thanks again. Will look them both up tonight after work, but without the shoulders Sr was seeming better than da.

Shoulders aren't what makes DA good. Nor is the specific number of casts it does the best thing to aim for. Properly empowering DA is generally what will give you the best result. If she gets 13 casts off, but you didn't empower her well, then what was the point of those extra casts?
    Hence why stat weights more or less won't change, especially when you get one of the shadow damage trinkets from Tomb. Haste is still good but mostly rotational feel, has some breakpoints but isn't make or break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Shoulders aren't what makes DA good. Nor is the specific number of casts it does the best thing to aim for. Properly empowering DA is generally what will give you the best result. If she gets 13 casts off, but you didn't empower her well, then what was the point of those extra casts?
    Hence why stat weights more or less won't change, especially when you get one of the shadow damage trinkets from Tomb. Haste is still good but mostly rotational feel, has some breakpoints but isn't make or break.
    What do you mean properly empowering da?

Also do know exactly what stats/etc scales new chest damage. I had it hit for 6.1m on star auger last night from a single hit

Also do know exactly what stats/etc scales new chest damage. I had it hit for 6.1m on star auger last night from a single hit
    Probably means spending the RP to make it do more damage, If you're not filling GCD's to the fullest during DA (like using generators instead of spenders when you have them) There's going to be a huge, noticeable difference in DA damage between someone who's pumping it, and someone who is just kinda flopping around during it.

I think he means dumping as much RP as possible after casting DA. So before using your DA cd, you want to be RP capped, have a stack of sudden doom, SS to pop a wound to get the UF buff, make sure you already refreshed VP, and have at least 2 runes available.

Deleted
    Thanks both neme and red...just wanted to check I wasn't missing something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redclass View Post
    So before using your DA cd, you want to be RP capped, have a stack of sudden doom, SS to pop a wound to get the UF buff, make sure you already refreshed VP, and have at least 2 runes available.
    what? why would we want a stack of sudden doom? DA only gets empowered for RP spent. Sudden doom causes you to use no RP for a death coil. We would want to make sure we have no sudden doom procs before we cast DA.
    Last edited by xeddin; 2017-06-16 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    what? why would we want a stack of sudden doom? DA only gets empowered for RP spent. Sudden doom causes you to use no RP for a death coil. We would want to make sure we have no sudden doom procs before we cast DA.
    that's not how DA works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooky0 View Post
    that's not how DA works
    What are you talking about? "The Val'kyr will gain 1% increased damage for every 1 Runic Power you spend". Sudden doom gives you a 0 Runic Power costing death coil. Therefore, a death coil from a sudden doom proc will not increase the damage of the Val'kyr

Sudden Doom and Dark Succor both empower DA even though they are free casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octet View Post
    Sudden Doom and Dark Succor both empower DA even though they are free casts.
    Hmm, you'd think they would have specified that somewhere

Deleted
    Hmm, you'd think they would have specified that somewhere
    I think unholy bos in previous expansion worked same way. Been like this for some time.

To xeddin... Sudden doom and Dark Succor has always functioned that way for using Dark Arbiter, Its no extra cost of runic power to use them and they both count as a full 45 runic power. Always, from the beginning of Dark Arbiter being a talent .. soo Level 100. You may want to practice your Dk more because that was back even when we had Breath of Sindragosa as Unholy.