Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Not even close to 20 in this thread. If "im happy he left" and the different variations of it counts for you then I feel sorry for you.

I wouldn't expect anything different from sjw FelPlague.
    yes "im happy he left"
    how would you like it if you quit a job and everyone said "lol im happy he left, fuck him"
    post 1,25,26,31,33,36,47 (even though its sarcasm i hope) ,56, 69,70, 80
    so yeah not 20, but still alot
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-06-16 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I bet they will give the job to some one who plays the game on a tablet /sigh

On a more serious note, they really should get rid of the entire team ..

If history repeats it self, PvP wise, we should expect a really young lead designer who will pretty much kill whatever is left of rated participation ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-06-16 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    This is actually a good moment to completely outsource the PvP department to another studio!

7+ Year Old Account
    You know he isn't the only one responsible for the whole PvP mess but the whole team? Problem is that we only know of him and his name lol rip Holinka

So they're going to need a new PVP guy who they can tell to shut up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    You know he isn't the only one responsible for the whole PvP mess but the whole team? Problem is that we only know of him and his name lol rip Holinka
    And who is giving an "OK" to all those changes.

Unless you are trying to imply that everyone is adding their own lines of codes as they like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And who is giving an "OK" to all those changes.
    Yeah didn't think of it, you're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm sure pvp will suddenly become amazing.
    Remember when Ghostcrawler left, and the gam- wait.
    Oh! Remember when Kaplan left, and the gam- wait.

1 guy doesn't have nearly as much effect on PvP as you think he does.
    You're right, but 1 guy can have such an effect, although it's rare. Ghostcrawler got flack, but everyone in the spotlight gets that. What Holinka has done to pvp for years is the worst shit ever happened to wow. Arena/pvp used to always be a fun activity, even for raiders. It was so fun to just fuck around with. Now pvp is dead and gone, and just cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    you're saying his job is hard, i'm telling you the reality that most would dream for his job
    Yea well most sit on their asses wasting their time playing games and whining about them on forums instead of working to reach their dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They need to add holinkas head on pike as final prestige reward. "I Perservered against all the odds, including him".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    nobody expects PvP lead designer to change "the general direction of the game"...dont use off-topic arguments that only suit you. Its like arguing that sun isnt yellow because its raining. Also use google to find out what lead game designer is actually doing. Educate yourself, make this world a better place
    Jesus Christ, calm down. How is it off-topic? Did you just have a mental breakdown on the forums over nothing? "Educate yourself" and read what I said properly, and perhaps see a doctor about those anger issues.

I spoke to him myself multiple times over Twitter DMs and just after he quit, in a subtle way of saying it, it felt like he was basically saying he couldn't fix a lot of issues because his hands were tied by the rest of the dev team when it came to do with ANYTHING that would conflict with any other parts of the game. That's what I meant, one developer DOES NOT have power of the general direction of the game, so people should stop acting like him leaving will change anything.

Think before getting angry over something you haven't read properly next time.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-16 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Homegnization of classes is a good thing to some degree. If you blame Ghostcrawler for it, you also have to attribute it to him as well. Keep in mind, without that change, we would still be at a "bring the class, not the player" mentality. His design as not perfect, but it paved the way for anyone to be able to be in any fight, regardless of class or spec. The years to fix is more of a years to fine tune, basically keeping the homogenization of "bring the player, not the class" while giving specs identity again.
    While many, including myself, look down on LFR, it has done wonders for the game in many ways, particularly to the casual playerbase and let's them also see content they used to not have access to. As with my last statement, it has taken time to fine tune the system, and while not there yet, it still has a good separation of rewards to accessibility between difficulties.
    I am not praising or "singing to the rafters" in honor of Ghostcrawler, but I am not blind to how the things he's done have helped keep the game going and evolving and feel those need to be addressed as well as what people blame him for.
    Not sure about your comments about Kaplan as people were seeing endgame content thru LFR and the "blame" you and others put on him for the creation of it. Kaplan and Ion are more spearheads of Legion/WoD/MoP, with Legion being the biggest "you think you do but you don't" ever, as the xpac was literally made with giving players many things they have asked for.
    I never said I disliked LFR or homogenization.

But the same people that praise him as the best developer wow has ever seen. Yet simultaneously bash his greatest contributions. A little psychotic if you ask me. Though given how narcissistic so many Mythic raiders are these days/have always been, its pretty easy to see how it can and has developed into psychosis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    You forgot MAKES LARGE DESIGN DECISIONS, seems a little important to me...not very, just a little. But yeah, its absolutely crazy to think that "just one dev" has huge impact on certain aspect of the game. Its almost a conspiracy thinking.
    If you had taken the time to read the post you just quoted. Or followed the link provided you would have seen...

"Lead designer coordinates the work of other designers and is the main visionary of the game.[28][29] Lead designer ensures team communication, makes large design decisions, and presents design outside of the team.[30] Often the lead designer is technically and artistically astute.[31] Keeping well-presented documentation also falls within the lead designer responsibilities.[32] Lead designer may be the founder of a game development company or a promoted employee."

Makes large design decisions = main visionary of the game. I know reading comprehensions right... stay in school sport.

Not to mention GC took personal ownership of certain projects. Namely homogenization and LFR widely hated by the same people that deify him.

Holinka was very lazy.

Other devs simply outworked him. Kaivax his understudy is more proactive and does a better job balancing PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So they're going to need a new PVP guy who they can tell to shut up?
    Fuck that loser.

If i recall he was the primary push behind Ashran, worst pvp ever, many people wanted a Wintergrasp with some bosses inside for the winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    If i recall he was the primary push behind Ashran, worst pvp ever, many people wanted a Wintergrasp with some bosses inside for the winning team.
    Ashran could have worked if the side events offered bonus on the main road ala AV. But the side events became the main attraction which sunk Ashran. Later they tried to make doing side events an opportunity cost so you couldn't push the main road but that failed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And I bet you will still whine at the next person no matter what they do.
    Blizzard really has an opportunity here. One can only hope they don't blow it. Let's just wait and see what happens before we judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    we also know his very condescending interviews and his say nothing q&a's. For all we know the title of "lead pvp developer" is a name only position, but if its not if he's actual the lead pvp developer in actuality. Then he's simply incompetent and what ever project he goes to next will be worse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Ashran could have worked if the side events offered bonus on the main road ala AV. But the side events became the main attraction which sunk Ashran. Later they tried to make doing side events an opportunity cost so you couldn't push the main road but that failed too.
    I dont agree, Ashran sucked because it was 40v40 - which PvPers didn't want (most PvPers blacklisted IoC & AV already). The people claiming they want/wanted it are/were PvErs with rose-tinted goggles. That or just a very small minority of PvPers I'm willing to bet. Nothing could've saved Ashran bar removing all the PvE and making it 15v15.

To be fair PVP was shit far before he was the lead of PVP; it was just exceptionally worse with him as lead. Holinka probably had good intentions for PVP it just didn't end up working out. Ideas look great on paper and may be fun via testing but you never know how the playerbase will receive it when it's live. And no I'm not defending him at all; this can happen for any portion of the game that generally isn't received well. All in all, I hope they find someone who's passionate about PVP who will help bring it back to healthy amounts of people playing and enjoying it.