Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet news. There might be a bit of hope left for the next exp to revive pvp a bit.

I don't care about PVP, but I hated him for constant PVE nerfs due to PVP in the past.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats too bad, he was an amazing developer and did some great things for PvP in World of Warcraft. Probably the most balanced game in terms of PvP since his tenure as head of the PvP team.

Brian, you will be missed!
    hahaha first i was wtf? than i saw the name. this post just won the internet.

btt: hopefully pvp gets decent to its pre-cata states, when i last liked to do pvp on a regular basis. personally would love to have a pvp system that resembles tbc area of s2-4.

My cat looked at me funny as I cheered at this news! \o/

Best. News. Ever.

Goodbye lazy "lead" dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    "universally disliked" lol you mean by the small vocal minority that stalks forums all day?

No, it was not universally disliked, in fact I did Ashran all the time and it was quite an enjoyable PvP experience. It had so many objectives and it felt like a larger scale AV.
    i pretty much feel same about ashran , only sucks abit now due lot longer que's to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I never said he would get the Game director job. But that he might go on the diablo project.

So apperently they are working on 2 new games now. A new diablo game and a fps game.

Overwatch was the pvp part of blizzards scrapped project titan. Maybe they are redoing it. Making a fps mmo after the success of overwatch
    You're just going to twist this to fit your agenda, aren't you? I'm done wasting time over this, believe what you want. You're the one to blame when reality doesn't match your expectations.

He wasn't the only problem, him leaving won't much for the better, as much as people would like to think. Holinka wasn't the guy who decided on having god awful class balance or having insane amounts of phasing, which are killing structured PvP/World PvP, as if world PvP wasn't dead enough.

Hopefully the other devs get their act together next expac.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-06-16 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You're just going to twist this to fit your agenda, aren't you? I'm done wasting time over this, believe what you want. You're the one to blame when reality doesn't match your expectations.
    Twisting ? what the hell am i twisting?

This is the job opening post https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o8Rq5fwe

Production Director roles at Blizzard Entertainment do not come around often, nor does the opportunity to lead the developers of one of the industry’s bestselling, genre-defining RPGs of all-time -- Diablo!

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Production Director to bring the Diablo franchise into the future.

Pluses

A passion/interest for developing online video games
    Massive multiplayer game development experience
    Strong knowledge of the software / game market and platforms

Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in working at Blizzard and specifically Diablo

What exactly am i twisting to fit my own agenda? I said they are working on a new diablo game. You say its a fps and unrelated to diablo. Its there. Black and white (white on blue w/e) on official job opening page for blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    The man at the top also had a complete nuclear meltdown once somebody criticized his baby(ashran)
    I was just pointing out that obviously he gets the blame, and he should. Who else would?

Deleted
    Good, I hope Hazzikostas f*cks off too but that's never gonna happen since he's lead game dev.

Deleted
    Well, then all the best wishes to Mr. Holinka for his new job in the Diablo Team.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, then all the best wishes to Mr. Holinka for his new job in the Diablo Team.
    Diablo? Diablo is dead. They pretty much killed that franchise and brought the ones who killed it over to Legion,
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I do not think PvP is in a very good place right now. From vanilla through MoP I think every class had at least one spec (or talent setup) that was fun to play in group PvP and where I felt competitive from 1 on 1 to many on many. Now there are some classes that are fun (10 boomkins anyone?), but there are other classes that I just don't even bother doing PvP with.

But all the same, good luck to this guy. I don't think he 'ruined' anything, but I wouldn't say PvP has advanced positively since MoP.

The thing is, Holinka weren't the only developer on PVP team. But they way he kept defending that they are doing a great job and only needs minor tweaks is the reason why many people, including me hated him and Muffins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    The thing is, Holinka weren't the only developer on PVP team. But they way he kept defending that they are doing a great job and only needs minor tweaks is the reason why many people, including me hated him and Muffins.
    What would you want them to say? "Yeah, what we're doing is shit but most of the ideas we read on forums are even worse." Uh-huh.

One of the primary problems with WoW from the start is that PVP is more like an add-on than an integrated piece of the game. I think they made a start on that with changes to Legion but you're not going to fix everything first time out.

Ashran was a great concept that partially fell apart because a lot of people wanted to be there but didn't want to actually do PVP. They would have been a lot better off to make Ashran a regular zone on PVE servers and let the people who truly enjoy and appreciate PVP to do so with like-minded players. Part of the problem is that Blizzard keeps trying to lure people into PVP who don't want to bother with it. So you end up with a bunch of people who are only half-assed interested in being there all mixed in with the true aficianados.

Witness the drama with the Dalaran sewers in Legion. Unforced error.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-17 at 12:55 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

When you really dwell on it, what exactly did Holinka accomplish in his time as the pvp lead? Lets see: Terrible PvP talents (mostly just rehashed old talents) that aren't very popular, PvP templates that limit any kind of growth from gear and 1 terrible "battleground" that majority of the player-base dislikes. None of what he did pleased the PvP player-base or made the game more enjoyable or popular. This is in the span of 5 years and 2 expansions later. For an AAA game and a multi-billion dollar company, I would call that absolute shit and nothing else. The guy should be ashamed of himself. Entire new game franchises are built in the time he had to work on World of Warcraft PvP and you're telling me you can't make Ashran not suck in that time? His work is literally a stain on World of Warcraft that he calls 'art' and if it was entirely removed no one would be upset. Hell, people might actually celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What would you want them to say? "Yeah, what we're doing is shit but most of the ideas we read on forums are even worse." Uh-huh.

One of the primary problems with WoW from the start is that PVP is more like an add-on than an integrated piece of the game. I think they made a start on that with changes to Legion but you're not going to fix everything first time out.

Ashran was a great concept that partially fell apart because a lot of people wanted to be there but didn't want to actually do PVP. They would have been a lot better off to make Ashran a regular zone on PVE servers and let the people who truly enjoy and appreciate PVP to do so with like-minded players. Part of the problem is that Blizzard keeps trying to lure people into PVP who don't want to bother with it. So you end up with a bunch of people who are only half-assed interested in being there all mixed in with the true aficianados.

Witness the drama with the Dalaran sewers in Legion. Unforced error.
    For starters, I would like them to stop being so arrogant and discard increadible feedbacks from thoose who participate in betas / PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the fact he's moving into a new post at Blizzard says what they think of him.

Spoiler: It's probably a promotion.
    A lot of companies promote people way past their level of competence.

Convinced the WoW playing community and coined the phrase, You cannot balance pvp around 1 vs 1.

What a joke - ruined what could have been a great part of WoW with bullshit excuses and inability to fix problems or come up with something original.