Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

She-Ra movie possibly in the works

http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/7-actres...ning-john-chu/

I was excited until I read

We are looking at few caucasian actresses as well women of color to play She-Ra,
    I hope it's not live action or it'll be over before it started. Live actions are always bad but giving He-Man a black twin.......They need to learn from Fantastic Four.

Oops, wrong subforum, please move.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2017-06-17 at 06:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make it Elizabeth Olsen and it'd be Good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Make it Elizabeth Olsen and it'd be Good to go.
    I think Arnold would be great for her part.

having sue and johnny be adopted siblings had nothing to do on why f4 was such a horrible movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    having sue and johnny be adopted siblings had nothing to do on why f4 was such a horrible movie.
    The premise contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The premise contributed.
    Not in the slightest, being white (heritage) has nothing to do with the character of johnny storm

With the success of Wonder Woman i dont find this surprising

But i bet they will go down the He-man route and make her appear in modern day Earth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Who cares about She-ra ? They should give skeletor his own movie Nyaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Who cares about She-ra ? They should give skeletor his own movie Nyaaah.
    I've always found her and her show so much more compelling than He-Man's. Skeletor and his minions got nothin' on Hordak and his group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I've always found her and her show so much more compelling than He-Man's. Skeletor and his minions got nothin' on Hordak and his group.
    Nah. She was just lame knock off. He-man was always better and just way more fab. She-ra was pretender try harding the image of strong woman. He-man taught us that man can have hair like him and still stand pround. Also skeletor is by far the best. Noone even remembers the guy from she-ra.

Not in the slightest, being white (heritage) has nothing to do with the character of johnny storm
    They rewrote his ties to her to excuse his heritage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah. She was just lame knock off. He-man was always better and just way more fab. She-ra was pretender try harding the image of strong woman. He-man taught us that man can have hair like him and still stand pround. Also skeletor is by far the best. Noone even remembers the guy from she-ra.
    Her healing powers, friends, and sword changing abilities were awesome.......but Orko > everyone.

"as well women of color to play She-Ra"

so fucking sick of this bullshit.

don't make a goddamned movie of something unless you intend to stick to the source material.

Netflix (UK) has about 60 episodes each of He-Man and She-Ra and I've watched them pretty recently. I have to agree with Dextersmith that She-Ra is a lot more interesting (both the character and the series,) her foes have more to do (most episodes of He-Man ignore Skeletor in favour of a random wizard or mysterious artefact,) and even the animation quality is a couple of notches higher. My biggest gripes with She-Ra are Catra (who's voice actor is great at what she does, but what she does is really annoying) and Loo-Kee (the little...thing that gives out the morals SJW conditioning at the end.)

Out of interest, how many people upset about the possibility of a non-white actress playing She-Ra also object to positive discrimination/affirmative action?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Netflix (UK) has about 60 episodes each of He-Man and She-Ra and I've watched them pretty recently. I have to agree with Dextersmith that She-Ra is a lot more interesting (both the character and the series,) her foes have more to do (most episodes of He-Man ignore Skeletor in favour of a random wizard or mysterious artefact,) and even the animation quality is a couple of notches higher. My biggest gripes with She-Ra are Catra (who's voice actor is great at what she does, but what she does is really annoying) and Loo-Kee (the little...thing that gives out the morals SJW conditioning at the end.)

Out of interest, how many people upset about the possibility of a non-white actress playing She-Ra also object to positive discrimination/affirmative action?
    for me, it's not the race, it's the same hate i had for the warcraft movie, for most movie adaptations.

not following the source material to a tee. warcraft? slap any other name on it, and it'd work, it doesn't follow the lore, so what is even the point? same shit here. if you change the race of she-ra, might as well not even make the movie about she-ra, but some other random hero chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Compare Evil-Lyn to Shadow Weaver, you can't.

Positive discrimination is still discrimination, it's not positive for those who lose out. Affirmative action throws hard work and merit out the window, it pities the undeserving and denies the capable. Catering to the entitled makes you operate at self inflicted crippling capacities.

It was part of the problem, if they wanted a black johnny storm they should of went with a black sue also to keep them as true brother/sister and not destroy the lore. Then look at the actors, Johnny Storm who is supposed to be the youngest of them looks the oldest.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/7-actres...ning-john-chu/

I was excited until I read

I hope it's not live action or it'll be over before it started. Live actions are always bad but giving He-Man a black twin.......They need to learn from Fantastic Four.

Oops, wrong subforum, please move.
    Hope they don't make this shit at all the cartoon was terrible.

Fantastic Four sucked because of script not cause whiney racist nerds lost their shit over casting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It was part of the problem, if they wanted a black johnny storm they should of went with a black sue also to keep them as true brother/sister and not destroy the lore. Then look at the actors, Johnny Storm who is supposed to be the youngest of them looks the oldest.
    Weren't they foster or adopted and twins can be two different colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "as well women of color to play She-Ra"

so fucking sick of this bullshit.

don't make a goddamned movie of something unless you intend to stick to the source material.
    When you author the source matterial you can dictate terms. Your objections don't make it trash.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    If u want the source material then go read/watch the source material.

Not everyone wants a 1:1 adaptation and it can be a good movie and not be 1:1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Whenever I see discussions like this I always think back to the 1989 Batman movie. Billy Dee Williams(a black man) played Harvey Dent(a white man in the comics). No one raised a fist. No one protested. In fact, no one cared! Part of the reason is there wasn't an agenda behind it, and social media wasn't around(it's a cancer these days).

From what I see these days, when they change a characters race/gender it's done so with an agenda. If it was done in a natural way like person A dies so person B takes up the mantel, there would be less bitching and it wouldn't feel forced on people.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Whenever I see discussions like this I always think back to the 1989 Batman movie. Billy Dee Williams(a black man) played Harvey Dent(a white man in the comics). No one raised a fist. No one protested. In fact, no one cared! Part of the reason is there wasn't an agenda behind it, and social media wasn't around(it's a cancer these days).

From what I see these days, when they change a characters race/gender it's done so with an agenda. If it was done in a natural way like person A dies so person B takes up the mantel, there would be less bitching and it wouldn't feel forced on people.
    Nobody gave fuck because man babies that played video games all day didn't populate so much of the country. Hardly any movies strictly follow source material. It's an issue now because some make it one.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis