Deleted

<Arcane> new Ring + Shard BiS?

Hi, i got the new Ring, i heared this one is good for arcane.
    Is it competitive against shard and the good legy legs?

I give arcane a try with the Ring and changes

Deleted
    Shard + archmage = bis for st
    Kilt + lege mantle = bis for sustained AoE
    Kilt + shard = bis for burst AoE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Shard + archmage = bis for st
    Leaves you with no mana too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Leaves you with no mana too.
    You can easily manage your mana without kilt or any other mana legendary. Enter conserve phase at 100% mana, and burn it only when AP is up or during RoP + MoA combo. 5% dps more is worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-06-18 at 09:11 PM.

Arcane is about burst windows these days, just conserve at all times outside of cooldowns and that legendary combo should be best.

Deleted
    Will the new ring increase the value of mastery? You wont need that much haste with it anymore so maybe that will go into mastery? More mana for more casts->more AM procs, that hit hard and also good synergy with the new tier set?

Arcane really just doesn't have mana problems. As long as you aren't spamming 4 stack AE you'll always make it to a burn phase with enough mana to last until evo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Will the new ring increase the value of mastery? You wont need that much haste with it anymore so maybe that will go into mastery? More mana for more casts->more AM procs, that hit hard and also good synergy with the new tier set?
    With ring and 20% haste, Mastery value is on pair with Crit and Int, where Vers is best stat

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    You'll only realistically be using double rings with two piece t19 titanforged and 4 piece t20.

Deleted
    You can easily manage your mana without kilt or any other mana legendary. Enter conserve phase at 100% mana, and burn it only when AP is up or during RoP + MoA combo. 5% dps more is worth it.
    Define conserve phase, as the traditional BlastX4->Barrage rotation seems to drain mana literally within seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Arcane really just doesn't have mana problems. As long as you aren't spamming 4 stack AE you'll always make it to a burn phase with enough mana.
    No you won't.

Deleted
    Define conserve phase, as the traditional BlastX4->Barrage rotation seems to drain mana literally within seconds.
    I have 27% Mastery and I have no problem with mana when I am playing with Shard + Archmage However, OP asked if Shard + Archmage is bis setup. Answer is: Yes. But it is up to you if you are skillet enough to handle arcane without Kilt.

Deleted
    I have 27% Mastery and I have no problem with mana when I am playing with Shard + Archmage
    I have 29% Mastery and B4Barr drains mana like there's no tomorrow. At start there is 100% mana, burst through it all, recharge it back to 100%, enter B4Barr, and just as evocation/arcpower comes off cd, mana is already back down at 5-10% due to the conserve phase's mana drain.

I have 29% Mastery and B4Barr drains mana like there's no tomorrow. At start there is 100% mana, burst through it all, recharge it back to 100%, enter B4Barr, and just as evocation/arcpower comes off cd, mana is already back down at 5-10% due to the conserve phase's mana drain.
    I don't have kilt, currently i play with Shard+Belt (new to arcane) and i don't suffer this problem although i have lower Mastery (26%). Do you use MoA on CD? outside AP window i mean? it usually comes off CD on conserve phase when my mana is getting below 50% and AP is still 20-30secs CD.

well i believe theoretically you can adopt with conserve phase under any circumstances, it differ per fight i can tell.

the new combo is worth trying out it looks potentially strong.

Deleted
    Here just for you and other people who think that you need Kilt to managa your mana I have made a short video how to play with shard + archmage.

5min fight, 300m+ dmg done.
    I was using only T19 p2 so the evo CD is the same as with T20 gear.

https://youtu.be/yTQJko8OPhw
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-06-19 at 10:14 PM.

Here just for you and other people who think that you need Kilt to managa your mana I have made a short video how to play with shard + archmage.

5min fight, 300m+ dmg done.
    I was using only T19 p2 so the evo CD is the same as with T20 gear.
    Thank you for the video mate, that's exactly what i meant in my last post. looks like shard and archmage is a solid combo for pure ST.