Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    hopefully anyone who had any input on diablo 3 isn't allowed to touch diablo 2, unless they originally worked on diablo 2.

diablo 2 was a grind but it didn't feel as soulless and boring as diablo 3, greater rift 24/7 looting 50 legendaries at the end how erm....impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got both games on my BN, if they could give me free reemasters because of having original ones. Could be nice.

But probably it is fake, and only fans can make proper reemasters, since i start believeing, Activision use same policy like Sony. "Who the fuk want play old games?" Sony CEO quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there is already a fan remaster of D2 in progress(using SC2 arcade, already beta), this seems like a waste of effort for Blizzard, especially when you consider it will likely be free like the SC remake was.

I also find it funny that in the job opening they said they are remastering them because they are "difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation." implying they give a shit about showing old games to new players, or letting people re-experience old stuff, but don't share the same opinion about legacy warcraft... It's the exact same thing, same situation, why not do it for that too?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-06-17 at 05:04 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

But probably it is fake, and only fans can make proper reemasters, since i start believeing, Activision use same policy like Sony. "Who the fuk want play old games?" Sony CEO quote.
    Well, Blizzard thinks differently because BW: R is a thing and it's pretty faithful in its mechanics (read: derpy, clunky AI, no multiple buildings in the same control group, limited unit selection). The biggest change in gameplay is the option to finally change keybinds, and some purists were pissed about it too, go figure....

Without counting WC3 and D2 received patches to make them work without crashes on win7 and above and mac support, so yeah: Blizzard itself thinks there are madmen that still plays those old games. Better cash in to that nostalgia on remasters (and i'm all for a D2 remaster, while i will probably think twice before buying a new Blizzard game on launch).
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if any game of Blizzards needs a remaster it's Warcraft: Orcs & Humans :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >D2 requires specific builds for hell "OMG IT WAS SO LOVED"
    Has actual goals and aims to fulfill for progression and rewards achieving them.

>D3 Has multiple Sets and Builds for all content "OMG SHOEHORNED INTO THE SAME THINGS!"
    Everything is ultimately window dressing because no matter what you do, you succeed and as such, is pointless and stale.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    The age where remasters mean more than new games.

What a time to be alive.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

With the state of the D2 channels at the time i quit playing - and what ive seen recently,. 99% of the people is just bots,. bots bots,.

they need to crush down on that HARD,. no point playing D2 otherwise.

Deleted
    Doesn't WC3 run just fine on every PC out there? I don't see the point of this other than more quick buck. I'd rather see a remaster of the first two games. Those need techincal improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The age where remasters mean more than new games.

What a time to be alive.
    People ask for new games set in the same universe and we get stuff like ME: Andromeda though

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really could care less about WC3, wasn't a big fan of it compared to SC and Brood War. Diablo 2 though? *Faps furiously*

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the Warcraft series done in a single game, where you can select the Campaigns and complete them like you can in SC 2 or WC3, but done in the SC 2 engine.
    I want the same for the Starcraft series.
    I want the same for the Diablo series, in the D3 engine.

I could give two fucking shits about 'saving the feeling' by including all the glitches and flaws and all the bullshit that were negatives in those games. I want to see them in HD, I want them fluid, and I want them to work on modern computers without having to jump through freaking hoops.

Blizzard has the money to do such a thing, and I have no doubt they would sell like hotcakes. But they'll never do such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

@Zeta333

My point is though, if playing Diablo 2 is such an exciting prospect then nothing is stopping you from playing it right now, i'm at a loss as to what some higher resolution support is going to change, at least to trigger such excitement that people are going to return and pour hours into it. It's not as if we can expect more content or further big changes.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    @Zeta333

My point is though, if playing Diablo 2 is such an exciting prospect then nothing is stopping you from playing it right now, i'm at a loss as to what some higher resolution support is going to change, at least to trigger such excitement that people are going to return and pour hours into it. It's not as if we can expect more content or further big changes.
    the resolution is fucked, Looks like shit on a 27inch, i was on the ladder for 7 seasons in a row, iv played the balls out of it preremaster. I can wait.

It looks the same as it has always looked for over 10 years.
    A remaster isn't going to improve that by much.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 with WoW models ( ' - ')b gib
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Warcraft 3 with WoW models ( ' - ')b gib
    Why is your name so familiar? Do you play on AD EU?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

This was actually confirmed by job openings over 2 years ago when they first posted stuff about updating legacy games for the launcher, which is also how we knew Starcraft HD was coming. Weird to see it re-enter the news cycle without anything new beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they just make it run smoother and give us auto gold pick up. I'd play the everliving fuck out of it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I feel like WC3 holds up pretty well. D2 is absolute garbage graphically and UI wise now. Honestly, when I redownloaded it recently when they added it to b.net, I couldn't believe I stared at that shit for like 500hrs (at least).