Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Tell me you're not that clueless about how group pressure works. You go on and stall other members of the jury for the kicks, and see how far you'll get before caving.
    Oh now it's a conspiracy, they were pressured into ignoring facts and vote with the other racist. Do you even hear yourself? You got caught being wrong, admit and move on or at least just bow out gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    But this was a criminal court, no?
    Yes, but people have been talking about OJ so I figured I'd keep that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    Do you think you can "legally operate"a vehicle after stealing it?
    Ultimately you're deflecting from the issue here.

Castile wasn't murdered because of the legal status of his firearm purchase. How he obtained the firearm is completely irrelevant to the fact that he was legally licensed to carry it, and he made that known to the cop who murdered him for it anyway.

Castile also wasn't pulled over due to the legal status of his firearm. Whether or not his gun was purchased legally or whether he lied on his purchase application does not matter in the case at hand. This is what's known as a red herring.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Yes, but people have been talking about OJ so I figured I'd keep that out there.
    Yeah, good point, he was found guilty in the civil trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yeah, you got to be weary of those strong left-handed shooters that are right handed, while seated, restrained, and with a child and female in the car during dusk.
    How do you know if someone is right or left handed by looking at them seated in a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Huh?

Stop being ignorant.
    You apparently aren't reading the proper material

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca...pplication.pdf

simply and unqualified:

I am not an unlawful user of any controlled substance as defined in Chapter 152 of Minnesota Statutes
    Last edited by vhatever; 2017-06-19 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a supporter of the police but man this is just wrong. It's obvious that he wasn't found guilty solely for the fact that he is a cop and i find that just wrong. Just because they're cops doesn't mean they shouldn't be held responsible for their wrongdoings and be without any sort of punishment.

Actually a few days ago a cop car backed into my mom's car. Didn't do any serious damage but it was enough for the insurance companies to get involved. Turns out the cop is completely immune to any penalties so my mom is the only one that has to pay and for something that wasn't even her fault. My mom even honked the horn at him several times and he claimed to not hear it (bullshit). I think that shit is so fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I just take real issue with the "COMPLY OR DIE" attitudes some people express.
    Unfortunately, it's the reality of someone giving you commands at gun point.

If you're carrying a firearm and are stopping by the police, the first thing you do is tell them you have a firearm, and the next thing you do is not move again until they have taken it from you and secured it.

Do you want to make a statement about your rights and police oppression looking down the barrel of a gun, leaving your 4 year old child without a parent, or do you want to comply and fight your case in court?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You are apparently are reading the proper material

simply and unqualified:

I am not an unlawful user of any controlled substance as defined in Chapter 152 of Minnesota Statutes
    Yeah why I few posts I destroyed your bullshit about how he "illegally" obtained his firearm.

I actually do research and have facts about what I am about to post unlike it seems to you where you just post some bullshit and see if it sticks to the wall or nobody calls you out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Oh now it's a conspiracy, they were pressured into ignoring facts and vote with the other racist. Do you even hear yourself? You got caught being wrong, admit and move on or at least just bow out gracefully.
    So you say they spent 29 hours filling the paperwork, instead of you know, having to convince some members to vote the same as the rest? Not even the OJ case had all in agreement of "not guilty", but ones who were not, caved when it was clear the others had already made their mind.

So you tell me, if group pressure is conspiracy, why didn't OJ trial end in mistrial, instead of the "guilty" votes caving in to vote "not guilty" afterall, despite evidence?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-06-19 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So you say they spent 29 hours filling the paperwork, instead of you know, having to convince some members to vote the same as the rest? Not even the OJ case had all in agreement of "not guilty", but ones who were not, caved when it was clear the others had already made their mind.
    They could have returned in a hung jury at anytime. The Bill Cosby trial ended in a hung jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Ultimately you're deflecting from the issue here.

Castile wasn't murdered because of the legal status of his firearm purchase. How he obtained the firearm is completely irrelevant to the fact that he was legally licensed to carry it, and he made that known to the cop who murdered him for it anyway.

Castile also wasn't pulled over due to the legal status of his firearm. Whether or not his gun was purchased legally or whether he lied on his purchase application does not matter in the case at hand. This is what's known as a red herring.
    i don't recall I ever claimed he was killed due the legal status related to his firearm or his ability to possesses it. But this fact could certainly weigh on a jury's mind, knowing he illegal obtained a firearm.

You apparently aren't reading the proper material

simply and unqualified:

Wow! You add that bullshit at the end. Can you read? Do you understand what convicted means? Do you understand that the one of the many reasons it is stated that way is they would have to deny so many buyers if they had ever say smoked marijuana.

Again if you can read:

I have not been convicted in Minnesota or elsewhere of a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor violation of
    Chapter 152 of Minnesota Statutes
    , unless three years have elapsed since the date of conviction, and I
    have not been convicted of any other violation of Chapter 152 of Minnesota Statutes or a similar law of
    another state during that time.

i don't recall I ever claimed he was killed due the legal status related to his firearm or his ability to possesses it. But this fact could certainly weigh on a jury's mind, knowing he illegal obtained a firearm.
    I doubt it had anything to do with their decision.

The verdict was a major disappointment. Castile was by every account a law-abiding citizen who was legally carrying and was making his best and most conscientious effort to follow two contrary orders from the same officer. The officer lacked the composure and steel to properly navigate the situation. The Castile shooting was, like a lot of shootings, oddly undiscussed at the time. Kind of like Walter Scott. The sense of public and media outrage over a police involved shooting appears to vary inversely with the actual likelihood of justification.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    They could have returned in a hung jury at anytime. The Bill Cosby trial ended in a hung jury.
    The judge will often speak with holdout juries, and after ascertaining whether or not they might just need more time/information or they simply will not change their mind regardless of anything, the judge goes from there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    How do you know if someone is right or left handed by looking at them seated in a car?
    By asking them to put their hands on the steering wheel and ordering them to use their non-dominant hand to get their wallet. That's standard police protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Huh?

Stop being ignorant.
    Those are 2 entirely different prohibitions. But keep calling me ignorant because you can't read simple English.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The verdict was a major disappointment. Castile was by every account a law-abiding citizen who was legally carrying and was making his best and most conscientious effort to follow two contrary orders from the same officer. .
    No, he wasn't he was an illicit drug abuser and his gun was obtained illegally, hence not legal for him to possess nor operate.

The verdict was a major disappointment. Castile was by every account a law-abiding citizen who was legally carrying and was making his best and most conscientious effort to follow two contrary orders from the same officer. The officer lacked the composure and steel to properly navigate the situation. The Castile shooting was, like a lot of shootings, oddly undiscussed at the time. Kind of like Walter Scott. The sense of public and media outrage over a police involved shooting appears to vary inversely with the actual likelihood of justification.
    The whole situation is sad. Friends of my who have CC permits tell me that part of the training is how to identify with a police officer. I would be very cautious before I reached for anything especially since I had a cop pull a gun out on me reaching behind my seat...I couldn't imagine if I had a gun doing anything without the officers permission.

There is a major lack of knowing what to do when pulled over by police.

If you are pulled over you do one of the following:

While the officer is radioing in your stop etc.. Pull out your License, Registration and insurance and place it on your dash. Then place your hands on the steering wheel. If at night put your dome light on.

OR

When the officer asks for the paper work you announce where it is located and that you are going to reach for it.

Since he was carrying, he should have done the first. That way when he announced he was carrying, there is no ambiguity in his movements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    By asking them to put their hands on the steering wheel and ordering them to use their non-dominant hand to get their wallet. That's standard police protocol.
    Which departments teach this, because I have never been asked to do that.