Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up The beauty of marriage

I came across a really cool video that shows how awesome married life is. What do you think about it?

I like the points about sleeping and weekends. It really makes you wonder why more younger people aren't rushing to get married. Why postpone or even worse turn down such happiness.

This talks more about having a family then the actual marriage itself, but I agree to a lot of the points...I used to rage out with the best of them when I was 21..now however I would much prefer to take my son to the zoo or Disneyland! Much more rewarding.

PS. The salary thing is 100% true, even with my stay at home wife LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It really makes you wonder why more younger people aren't rushing to get married. Why postpone or even worse turn down such happiness.
    Because rushing into a binding agreement can cause problems to both parties and others(kids).

Deleted
    Marriage is only worth it if you get a country with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Because rushing into a binding agreement can cause problems to both parties and others(kids).
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith to reap the rewards rather than being middle aged, lonely and depressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith to reap the rewards rather than being middle aged, lonely and depressed.
    Because broken families aren't a thing......

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because the threat of divorce overshadows any worth marriage might have.

Young people certainly shouldn't tie themselves down so quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Marriage is what you make it. It has ups and downs, and requires work, as well as being a team. It's not for everyone, and that's okay.
    Absolutely spot on. Some of the best advice my grand pa gave me before he died was how a marriage takes work from both parties, and he wished he would have put the work in required of him. He may have not been divorced.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not every one who is middle aged and still single are lonely and depressed. Michangelo was single his whole life and he lived into his 80's and had a robust life.

I got married without any thought of being lonely when I would be middle aged. I did because I loved my wife and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. There was no leap of faith.

more and more guys are avoiding the whole thing for good reason

i guess push back propaganda is to be expected

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Michangelo was single his whole life and he lived into his 80's and had a robust life.
    Probably because gay marriage was illegal in his days?

This is sleeper shaming men for being selfish and not marrying

Got married at 17 to a Catholic Girl 20 , who wouldn't go "all the way" until I put a ring on her finger.

Was married for 13 years , two awesome kids.. Then our careers tore us apart.

Single now & happy. If I need company I pay for it at local Bordello .

The ladies at my local Bordello are like social workers, psychologists and sex therapists all rolled into one.
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Yeah its so awesome specially when they leave with half of your wealth+dog+kids + house...so awesome......../s

Marriage is only what one makes of it. And sadly, the rising amount of divorces is showing that Marriage is only successful if the two stick true to one another, even when things do not end well every day.

Sad to see that many are also refusing to marry, but I understand since it's beginning to no longer benefit one gender.

Tenn just tell us you moonlight as a wedding and bridal store rep and you're store is struggling so in some misguided attempt to make more money you come up here to push this tripe on us. that's my hope cuz I refuse to believe you're even in a relationship yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you find true love, go for it. Personally, couldn't imagine life without my girl and our relationship has been something out of a fairy tale but I know not everyone will find that. However, ultimately, it's what you want out of life. Some of my friends want just a kid and to not be tied down, others are alone and miserable, some are married already and have a kid or two.

Agreed with what others said though, don't rush into marriage out of fear of being alone. That's how divorces and single parents happen, which is probably something you will regret for the rest of your life. Nobody walks away from that unscathed.

I came across a really cool video that shows how awesome married life is. What do you think about it?

I like the points about sleeping and weekends. It really makes you wonder why more younger people aren't rushing to get married. Why postpone or even worse turn down such happiness.
    Haha. Is this really supposed to entice Men to get married?

I think the divorce rate proves this video wrong. And even after watching this cheesy video, I still say most Men should never get married.

1st. Marrying young is almost always a professional hindrance. Marrying young and having a child young is financial suicide.
    2nd. Marriage is a ball a chain. That 6 week backpacking trip you wanted to make to Thailand. Forget about it.
    3rd. Divorce is an emotional and financial suicide. And statistically speaking, YOU WILL GET DIVORCED. More specifically, she will divorce you! Or he will leave you for a 25 year old when you hit your mid 40's.

Half those points are also either retarded, stereotypical or try hard but fail to be funny.

Like for example. I love cooking, and I love fresh food. Haven't dated a woman yet who could boil rice or an egg. Welcome to 2017, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't need a woman to feed me.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-06-19 at 10:26 PM.

I came across a really cool video that shows how awesome married life is.
    I hope you're only promoting marriage for skinny people. Fat people aren't pure enough for the sanctity of marriage.