Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One time I tazed a guy that was holding a knife, and he fell on it and died.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    She's a pregnant woman. These cops have had training. To brutally gun down a pregnant woman like this is not right.
    oh yes i forgot that symptom of pregnancy where any knife you hold no longer is capable of stabbing someone silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    So all of that, and they apparently still had time enough to draw and fire in reaction, but not do shit else? Didn't even fucking cross their minds? Did they have their shit drawn already? I really want more details on this situation before I make any further assessments, but taking it at face value, this post does not help their case at all. I really want to know what the fuck actually happened.
    They may have already had guns drawn, sure. Entering a dangerous situation, it's not a bad idea. As I said in another post, most taser-issue departments have a doctrine of a guy with a gun covering the guy with the taser, but no clue on this. I mean, it's possible that they were looking for a burglar and she had a knife to stab a burglar and they each confused the other, but I don't think that's how this went.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Apparently the second cop should have been able to subdue her while she stabbed the first, since there were two of them.
    Posted sarcastically "Today, 09:42 PM"

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    There's two grown men versus one pregnant woman. Even if she managed to somehow have a lethal strike on one, she would still have to eliminate the other one, who's armed.
    Posted unironically "Today, 09:48 PM"

The people faulting the cops are jokes. Literally arguing, "even if she killed the first cop, the second should have been able to subdue her without killing her."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Are you going to risk your life and get the knife off some random you dont know? No didnt think so
    Would you give up your seat for a pregnant woman on the bus or train?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    >person wields lethal weapon
    >person has history with police and mental issues
    >police tell person to drop weapon
    >person doesn't
    >person gets shot
    >muh racist america

Guys, if a Police Officer tells you to do something, even if you think they're wrong, just do it mates
    She wasn't capable of full compliance; that doesn't mean she should be shot. SPD has been in trouble over excessive force dozens of times.

yes because having to stand is the same thing as getting stabbed in the face....

So they had the reflexes necessary to draw down and fire, but not to do anything else? Somebody already brought up the 21 foot reaction window.
    I assume they had already drawn their guns, do you know otherwise? Al

They knew she was mental;
    Did they? How do you know?

and they knew she had fucking kids.
    Did they? How do you know? And why does this matter?

So all of that, and they apparently still had time enough to draw and fire in reaction, but not do shit else?
    All of what? They got to her and she threatened them with a knife. There is no "all of that."

I really want to know what the fuck actually happened, and since I know I never will, I am severely pissed off. But I do truly hope that this was somehow justified on their part, because this "black vs. blue" situation does not get any worse than this.
    If the worst of the "black vs blue" situation is people being killed for threatening cops with knives, then the solution is pretty simple and the problem isn't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since that isn't relevant at all. A few days ago there was a pregnant woman with kids blocking the aisle in the bus with a stroller because two guys were dickheads and didn't want to give up their folding seats.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I assume they had already drawn their guns, do you know otherwise? Al

Did they? How do you know?

Did they? How do you know? And why does this matter?

All of what? They got to her and she threatened them with a knife. There is no "all of that."
    The audio answers all of your questions of "did they know?".

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought race threads were not allowed @Endus

Yeah but I don't see how thats applicable at all to this situation. Pregnant lady or not you have to treat everyone the same and assume the risk is high. If they have a weapon then they are basically asking for suicide by cop

She's a pregnant woman. These cops have had training. To brutally gun down a pregnant woman like this is not right.
    brutally gun down, heh. Is there a non-brutal gun down? "He shot me 15 times, but it was actually quite pleasant, I'd definetly prefer to be shot by him again, if I were to be shot again."

"gun down" is already such a loaded (hee hee) term, along with "shot to death". Up there with "execute" in these situations for maximum hyperbole.

Someone made a choice you disagree with in a split second reaction. This choice lead to a death. If someone swerved in the road and accidentally ran into a group of people, they didn't execute them because they could have swerved the other way and chose poorly in that second.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    brutally gun down, heh. Is there a non-brutal gun down? "He shot me 15 times, but it was actually quite pleasant, I'd definetly prefer to be shot by him again, if I were to be shot again."

"gun down" is already such a loaded (hee hee) term, along with "shot to death". Up there with "execute" in these situations for maximum hyperbole.

Someone made a choice you disagree with in a split second reaction. This choice lead to a death. If someone swerved in the road and accidentally ran into a group of people, they didn't execute them because they could have swerved the other way and chose poorly in that second.
    Strangely across europe police manage to avoid split-second decisions where they kill black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    >person wields lethal weapon
    >person has history with police and mental issues
    >police tell person to drop weapon
    >person doesn't
    >person gets shot
    >muh racist america

Guys, if a Police Officer tells you to do something, even if you think they're wrong, just do it mates
    I agree.
    Same thing with the Castille fellow.

I do not care if the officer is racist or not.
    When he tells you to do something you do it.

So there would be no cries of racism if they stopped a pregnant black woman with mace/tazers/rubber bullets/hand to hand techniques, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Only certain race threads. And then race threads that paint police as murderers are supported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Are you gonna contribute to the thread or not? Stay on topic please.

This is why I strongly advocate Police body cams. Not just for the protection of the public, but the Police as well. We don't know what happened specifically. It's easy to say "She's not physically strong she shouldn't be considered a threat" before you see her holding a knife. In truth we don't have enough information to make a moral judgement on whether they acted properly, or excessively. With a body camera at least you'd get more of the story.

It's a bad situation for everyone involved, and I hope the children are in a good place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Only certain race threads. And then race threads that paint police as murderers are supported.
    I provided a news story for discussion. Either discuss or move along.