10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to finally make the switch to chrome earlier today, and almost finished configuring everything I need for it
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Albeit I'm watching too many anime at once, started a series called RahXephon.
    i've been meaning to rewatch that. it is very nge-y
    you ever gonna watch the nge movies?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime into of the year:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

With the titans anime season 2 over and people loving it, I took some time and reread some of the latest chapters and thought I'd try to discuss the mess it has become a little. I don't even know if anyone here reads it anymore though.

Shingeki no Kyojin manga rambling because reasons, major spoilers ahead:
    So, Marley and Eldians, our own Jews in nazi germany. I've warmed up to this a little after rereading some of the stuff and seeing Ymir flashback again in the anime but this should've been its own manga. Not going to lie. The idea isn't that bad I think but I have hard time seeing this as Shingeki no Kyojin. The past chapters have been really messy but after rereading them a couple of times and thinking about it, things have started to make a little more sense.

So what do we have now what can we expect from the future? Obviously the titans are the most relevant thing and the most hype thing.
    There should be nine titans, we know 8 now and their holders
    At the paradise island there are 4
    Eren has both the Founding titan and Attack titan
    Armin has the colossal titan (oh the irony)
    Annie has the female titan, though she is still imprisonned

Marley side has 4 confirmed
    Zeke has the beast titan
    Reiner has the armoured titan
    Galliard has Ymir's Jaw titan
    And then there's Pieck's absolute meme looking Cartman titan (the one that saved Zeke and Reiner)

However what I'm curious about is the ninth titan. Why haven't they told us about the ninth one? Where are they?
    what is the ninth one's power? who knows. However, I do anticipate that the ninth one will be big, one way or another.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-06-20 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    You actually linked that last night in your collapse. I enjoyed reading it, as I had no idea anime extended as far back as it did, or that it was imported to the west (well, US at least) for so long. I thought of anime has an 80s+ phenomenon with importation only starting in the 90s...not a 50-60s phenomenon that was exporting from the beginning.

I find what I am wanting is something that challenges me to think about it, and nothing does that of late in anime. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
    I could make some movie suggestions if you're the film watching sort.

Addendum:

For now, I'd recommend going through the following (I've ordered them in rank of interest, in my opinion, for what you are looking for):

Mousou Dairinin/Paranoia Agent
    Jin-Rou/Jin-Roh
    Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa/Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
    Paprika
    Patlabor Movie 1
    Patlabor Movie 2
    Sennen Joyuu
    Bokurano
    Akira

If nothing else, Paranoia Agent is still an absolute must-watch.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2017-06-20 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Decided to finally make the switch to chrome earlier today, and almost finished configuring everything I need for it
    Say good bye to your RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i've been meaning to rewatch that. it is very nge-y
    you ever gonna watch the nge movies?
    Soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Say good bye to your RAM.
    What browser is used nowadays generally? rofl
    [CENTER]

FF masterrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    FF masterrace.
    That's what I moved from...based on task manager it used around 30% of my memory & ~10% of CPU...and was like 25% as fast
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal tier: Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
    Slightly hipster tier: Edge, Opera, Vivaldi.
    Autistic tier: Palemoon, Otter.
    You're definitely not normal tier: Epiphany, w3m, lynx, qutebrowser.

Just use whatever you like, there are technical differences and noticeable performance gaps between them but it isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Gecko browsers are usually slower to respond and slower in loading lightweight pages, they're faster in anything that can use your GPU but suffer from some weird profile issues so cleaning your profile should help. FF Nightly was also significantly better up until recently, but now that stable FF has electrolysis and acceleration working who knows. Probably still better but not by such a huge margin.

Blink browsers are probably better all around when it comes to pure performance, and you'll notice the difference if you're loading lightweight pages like this thread, but they all consume more ram, and chrome in specific has a shit usability with a shit GUI. Cleaning your profile helps too after a lot of time.

Pure webkit browsers are dead in Windows. No relevant option.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2017-06-20 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Normal tier: Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
    Slightly hipster tier: Edge, Opera, Vivaldi.
    Autistic tier: Palemoon, Otter.
    You're definitely not normal tier: Epiphany, w3m, lynx, qutebrowser.

Just use whatever you like, there are technical differences and noticeable performance gaps between them but it isn't exactly groundbreaking.
    You forgot Shit tier: Internet Explorer

That's what I moved from...based on task manager it used around 30% of my memory & ~10% of CPU...and was like 25% as fast
    Chrome simply hides the fact that it hogs up all your memory by making million smaller tasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Chrome simply hides the fact that it hogs up all your memory by making million smaller tasks.
    Oh yeah I can see them all down there, but it's still less / equal and faster than FF was
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Edge is the one that consumes the most memory, then Chrome then FF. In Chrome you can use an extension to hibernate inactive tabs, probably helps. And FF is also doing the same multi-process thing now, although they don't use nearly as many threads (the sandboxing isn't perfect but it tries to reuse resources when it can, so you won't have the same thing loaded twice ever).

10+ Year Old Account
    A Long Time ago, VOX did a great job with airing NGE during nighttimes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    VICELAND Channel (UK) Announces Late-Night Anime Block

Late night, yet again. I expect it to vanish within a year if they keep it at a midnight time slot. So many have tried to do the exact same thing and they all crashed and burned. Half due to the time slot and half due to repeating the same exact series for months on end. For this to work, it's going to need some serious expansion, imo.
    The channel chiller had an anime block for 2 weeks. Had kore WA zombie desu ka and some other shows

10+ Year Old Account
    VOX is German TV right?
    In runs on German and Austrian cable so i presume its german.

Things starting at midnight tend to limit your audience.
    I think for a lot of Anime the midnight window fits, especially if it saves ppl. from shitty english or german dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just 2 weeks? :S
    yup pretty sure it was just 2 weeks http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...gramming-block
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ng-anime-block
    pretty small channel. look at those viewer numbers in the 2nd link lol. dropped from 388000 to 10,000, 12,000, 3,000, 6,000 then back up to 129,000 after the anime block (although why the fuck are so many people watching old reruns of big brother after dark?)

also was only a sd channel channel at the time (doubt that would make any difference)
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-20 at 09:36 PM.