Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people always assume that there is some Super Evil Matchmaking Algorithm instead of the more reasonable fact that:

(A) you're exaggerating
    (B) bad memories stick in the mind more strongly

Of course you're going to remember the times you're against a counter deck. It's frustrating. You are not going to remember every single other game with clarity.
    1. Oh look, Some moron that labels his buillshit as " Fact " You dont know anything. Mabye there could be, Mabye not. Sorry to let you down champ.
    2. Oh look, Someone on the forums that can tell everything about you just based on what he thinks, Man you don't see that around here! How the hell do you know if he can remember or not?

To further point out how absolutely fucking lunatic this all sounds... do you right now feel "enticed to spend more money"? Do you feel like such a business strategy actually makes sense?

Hey guys, know what people love a lot? LOSING! Yeah, let's do some shady backdoor shenanigans to make sure this guy in particular loses a lot, that way he'll be SURE to spend lots of money on us!
    Wow, You really are short sighted. I wanna come live in your world where every business is ran by noble paladins so I can abuse the fuck out of it.

This guys a waste of space kek.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-06-17 at 08:08 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    If you really thought it was that easy I'm sorry for you. You could easily game such a simple system by putting 1 random jade card in your deck. Who is to say what combination of cards "makes" a deck what it is? It would not only take a phenomenal amount of code but a huge team of programmers and theorycrafters to figure out what counters what and what constitutes what.
    We don't know Blizzard's system. You seem to think they have to programatically check every deck and see which cards do well against it. Blizzard is the one designing the cards, all they have to do is recognize that for this patch of Standard, Jade Druid counters Taunt Warrior, or Pirate Warrior counters Quest Rogue, or something like that, and then just hard code it.

Counting number of Jade cards in a deck is easy. Again...Blizzard tracks how well "Pirate Warrior" was doing and how many people were playing it in MSoG, why can't they do it for other decks? They can. They have a 70+ person team for a game that releases cards once every 4 months. You give them too little credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And how do you plan to measure if someone is "close to quitting"?
    Don't know. It doesn't have to be quitting, there could be a lot of factors.
    "Do I think this person will buy packs if they lose?"
    "Do I think this person will buy packs if they see a new deck?"
    "Has this person been logged off for a long period of time before today?"
    "Does this person quit after losing a few games?"

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also, if Blizzard is trying to force a 50% win rate for everyone
    I don't think they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    1. Oh look, Some moron that labels his buillshit as " Fact " You dont know anything. Mabye there could be, Mabye not. Sorry to let you down champ.
    2. Oh look, Someone on the forums that can tell everything about you just based on what he thinks, Man you don't see that around here! How the hell do you know if he can remember or not?

Wow, You really are short sighted. I wanna come live in your world where every business is ran by noble paladins so I can abuse the fuck out of it.

This guys a waste of space kek.

Infracted - Flaming
    Who the hell are you?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Is it actually possible that at a certain level those "counter decks" are popular because players aren't countering them.
    If you repeatedly face a certain type of deck at a certain rank, then it may be because that yields better results.
    The popularity of a given deck type can go up and down as the rank increases. because of varying numbers countering them.

Is your deck a popular netdeck, or inspired by a deck that gained popularity - due to coverage by a streamer, because it did well in a tournament etc.
    Those are the ones that may well attract more effort to counter, because they are expected to be used.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-17 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Become a popular youtuber/streamer. Your win rate will improve.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The Truth is Spoken.

People really believe blizzard are giving Streamers favorable match ups? I've watched tons of streamed hearthstone, they all get the same mix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    if you are constantly getting countered, maybe don't play only Meta Decks, as many people build specifically to counter them.
    ^ This. If you play Meta shit, expect to countered by counter meta decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    The Truth is Spoken.
    .......right. I'm sure there were a lot of 30% win rate streamers that gained thousands of followers to see their shitty gameplay. Yeah, that seems plausible...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    .......right. I'm sure there were a lot of 30% win rate streamers that gained thousands of followers to see their shitty gameplay. Yeah, that seems plausible...
    Sarcasm is not wanted, dear sir. Good day.
    /tips hat

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    ^ This. If you play Meta shit, expect to countered by counter meta decks.
    lol i was about to say "because you copy decks off the internet".

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The old, "I get causality all mixed up because it suits my position to do so." issue, I see.

Do you really think that streamers become popular for no reason and then just magically get special code in the game just for them to win more, or do you think that people become popular streamers because of their successful gameplay?
    I think a lot of things, but all you stated no, maybe or yes. IDK

Hundreads, I'm sorry..HUNDREADS of games in the past few days?? If you can actually remember over 100 games perfecly then congrats. You have a good brain.

On a more serious note... this further proves the 2nd repliers theory of

1. OP only remembers the ridiculous games. Sure there'll be times where you get countered, but the amount the OP claims? Laughable.

2. OP is severely exaggerating. He's already referring to 100s of games played in the last few days, like my god. I can't evenn do 50 in a week, but some how he's doing 100s, and perfectry remembers each one in already a manner of days?

K bro
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-06-20 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Hundreads, I'm sorry..HUNDREADS of games in the past few days?? If you can actually remember over 100 games perfecly then congrats. You have a good brain.

On a more serious note... this further proves the 2nd repliers theory of

1. OP only remembers the ridiculous games. Sure there'll be times where you get countered, but the amount the OP claims? Laughable.

2. OP is severely exaggerating. He's already referring to 100s of games played in the last few days, like my god. I can't evenn do 50 in a week, but some how he's doing 100s, and perfectry remembers each one in already a manner of days?

K bro
    Just because you are unable to play hundreds of games in 2 weeks does not mean the others are unable to do so. Just look at how many games the more dedicated players and some of the streamers play as evidence. And my memory serves me perfectly. Very frequently the nature of the deck that my opponents play changes drastically the moment I switch decks. This is all from personal experience. I do not need to have a perfect memory to realize this, just simple observation and coomon sense is suffice.

@OP What makes you think that Blizzard even knows about counter decks?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're in for a world of hurt if you think playing net decks in the final ranks before you hit legend is the way to go... If you must play the meta-decks at least throw in a few jokers your opponents won't see coming so you stand a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Just because you are unable to play hundreds of games in 2 weeks does not mean the others are unable to do so. Just look at how many games the more dedicated players and some of the streamers play as evidence. And my memory serves me perfectly. Very frequently the nature of the deck that my opponents play changes drastically the moment I switch decks. This is all from personal experience. I do not need to have a perfect memory to realize this, just simple observation and coomon sense is suffice.
    Ok you aren't going to like this but I am going to argue that you are wrong. The reason you think your opponents change when you switch is because you specifically remember those times and disregard all the times they don't. You say there is evidence, I have yet to see anything other than anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's not rigged. I'll recycle some of what you said earlier. I too reach rank 5 or lower every month (I like my golden epics). I do so in maybe 40-45 games generally just sort of powering through on win streaks.

Generally you see trends when you play, depending on the day and time, how far into the season, and what rank. If I lose a couple games in a row, or have been seeing certain decks more frequently, I edit my current deck or switch to a different one entirely to counter the bulk of what I'm seeing, plus add a tech card or two to what I'm seeing only every so often. Last month, went from 17 down to rank 4 losing only 6 games.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    It's not rigged. I'll recycle some of what you said earlier. I too reach rank 5 or lower every month (I like my golden epics). I do so in maybe 40-45 games generally just sort of powering through on win streaks.

Generally you see trends when you play, depending on the day and time, how far into the season, and what rank. If I lose a couple games in a row, or have been seeing certain decks more frequently, I edit my current deck or switch to a different one entirely to counter the bulk of what I'm seeing, plus add a tech card or two to what I'm seeing only every so often. Last month, went from 17 down to rank 4 losing only 6 games.
    Wow man 40 games, luck must really have been on your side. I get nothing but counters even when i switch decks.

Blizzard's cash grab, in Blizzard's eyes we're all suckers. Best way to not get butthurt in this game is not to play it at all and not support Blizzard. Then again there is a sucker born every minute and Blizzard counts on this. Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard's Board room has a poster to the effect of,
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2017-06-23 at 04:01 AM.