Thread: Gold tips

Gold tips

Hello everyone. I returned to WoW couple of days ago, to level up remaining alts to 110 and to check TOS a bit (at least on LFR).
    But my main goal is to get the spider mount. Currently I'm around 1.3mil, so I lack 700k. I don't plan on spending gold for token, so all the gold goes to the mount.
    My question is what are your advices on doing that?
    I have one char with Mining and Herbalism, mostly on rank 2,
    I have 4 (soon more) lvl 110 chars
    Should I farm old raids? (which one?) Or farm mining/herbalism? Or something else?
    If anyone is willing to share some of their ideas/ways with me, I would be grateful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    My question is what are your advices on doing that?
    I've made half a million in this expansion purely by playing the game, doing whatever I like, not selling on the auction house or trade chat. Go farm HC raids from WotLK and up, even WoD is doable for most people, at least on Normal. Do quests. Do World Quests. Get a bodyguard, even if you don't need it, and equip it with items that give you gold. You CAN farm stuff and sell it, and all gathering profs are good for that, but I haven't needed it.

Late Edit: That half million is what I have AFTER spending lots of gold on transmog and heirloom upgrades and all sorts of other crap, just to try and get rid of gold. I don't know what I've earned since launch, as I don't care, but I do know I have half a million more now than when Legion launched. Don't know why I didn't think to mention that earlier...
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-06-20 at 09:47 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Besides looking at the group tool and queuing as whatever role is in demand? Just play the game and if you like to gamble - the AH. See for yourself what is worth your time/effort though. It's just a game after-all and while the goldsink gives a cool mount, that amount of gold can buy you alot of stuff and even save you some actual money if you want to buy yourself something nice rather than something digital.

Playing the AH is the exact opposite of gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Besides looking at the group tool and queuing as whatever role is in demand? Just play the game and if you like to gamble - the AH. See for yourself what is worth your time/effort though. It's just a game after-all and while the goldsink gives a cool mount, that amount of gold can buy you alot of stuff and even save you some actual money if you want to buy yourself something nice rather than something digital.
    Well I don't want "a lot of stuff" I want that mount, so playing the game normally wont give me 700k in a while. That's why I was asking for tips for getting gold trough farming or some other efficient method.

Deleted
    That's why I was asking for tips for getting gold trough farming or some other efficient method.
    To be honest, the methods for fast gold is the exact same as they have been for the past decade: Farm stuff or buy cheap, sell expensive. There's nothing new in this. But goldmaking while really just playing the game has never been this easy. Garrison gold in WoD was easier, but not playing the game. Just play now as I described earlier and you will make gold fast enough.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't want "a lot of stuff" I want that mount, so playing the game normally wont give me 700k in a while. That's why I was asking for tips for getting gold trough farming or some other efficient method.
    Start with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Start with this.
    One thing that really annoys me with guides like that, is the assumption of price when selling stuff to other players. Servereconomy really makes a difference in what can and can not sell and how much you get, so I find most guides pretty pointless if they're being too specific about prices and how much you get per hour/day/month.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    One thing that really annoys me with guides like that, is the assumption of price when selling stuff to other players. Servereconomy really makes a difference in what can and can not sell and how much you get, so I find most guides pretty pointless if they're being too specific about prices and how much you get per hour/day/month.
    Despite the thumbnail and all, the merit is in giving the OP a direction to go in with a no fuss addon setup to get started with. Telling the OP to just play the game is a waste of a reply IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a quick buck and you don't collect pets, you can go through your pet collection and check if you have any pets worth selling. A lot of Pandaria pets prices went up.

Deleted
    If you're good at what you do you can make 700k in a few hours in Goldshire Inn.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to play in a gold smart manner - which means finding ways to maximise my gold return from what I would be doing anyway. Here are some tips on how I play :

1) Class Halls and Followers:
    1.1) Prioritise class hall missions which earn gold. Going for the bonus by trying to get 200% success chance is well worth it because the bonus is 1500g on top of the 500-700g for completing the quest. (Note, you'll only have consistent success at this once your class campaign is largely completed and your followers have reached epic (purple) status)
    1.2) Use a follower as a bodyguard and equip it with the 2-3 gold earning items. Depending on your luck with the equipment (especially the legendary) you could nett up to 125g per World Quest. That adds up. You might need to equip an item on your bodyguard to help you get order resources though. With the right legendary you could earn 100g + 200 resources per WQ.

2) World Quests
    2.1) Try to complete the emmisary every day. The chest often contains 700-800g and gives you a decent stream of order resources necessary to fund your missions
    2.1a)Get the World Quest Group Finder addon to make your WQ's go quicker (especially for weaker alts)
    2.2) Look out for World Quests which reward decent gold and do them for your emmisary quest. If you happen to be near a World Quest that rewards gold, take a small detour and do it (doubly effective if you are sorted for point #1.2)
    2.3) Do gathering profession and Bacon WQs. Felhide, Infernal Brimstone, Felwort and Bacon, all sell for a substantial sum on the AH. These quests are usually up for a few days, so try to plan it so that you do them when you're in the area rather than flying across half of the Broken Isles just to do one quest. Remember, if it's a 20 second detour for something you're already doing (or part of the emissary quest), then it's almost entirely pure profit.
    2.4) Be smart with Kirin Tor and Warden emissaries. Most Warden and Kirin Tor quests double up with on of the other factions, so you can complete their emissary quests while doing the emissary quests for other active factions.

The maximum reward/award ratio is achieved with WQs by doing the minimum number possible in order to get all your emissary chests, and only doing extras if they happen to be convenient. Rather aim to do emissary quests on a few alts than try to do all available world quests on your main.

3) Dungeons and LFR:
    3.1) Get the Satchel Scanner addon if you're planning on doing any LFR or heroic dungeons. It will alert you when joining LFR/LFG will award you a bonus satchel that typically contains 700-800g and other extra goodies like defiled augment runes which sell for 300-400g on the AH (so basically an LFR wing, done in 10 mins, can nett you between 1500-2500g).
    3.2) Save your dungeon quests until that dungeon has a decent world quest associated with it. Those can often nett you 700-800g in addition to whatever you're getting out of the dungeon anyway. Queuing for random heroics when the satchel is also a reasonable approach. There is always the chance that the random heroic you get is one with an active WQ and/or one that you need to do for a quest anyway. Jackpot is when you get a random heroic that has a 750g quest, plus a regular quest, plus a satchel. Remember that the first random heroic of the day has better rewards, so if you're not in a rush to complete a quest, you can just do one a day, getting satchels until you get the one you need.

4) General:
    4.1) Remember to get a shoulder enchant from one of the factions. The bags you get as a result can give you decent stream of stuff that sells well on the AH.
    4.2) Use your gathering professions whenever you're near something. Skinners are great when a WQ happens in an area with skinnable mobs, herbablists and miners can find stuff anywhere.

And of course if you have alts, repeat this stuff on them.

Remember, the objective here is not necessarily to do everything I have listed, but to do that which synergises well with what you're doing anyway. Farming gold for the sake of gaining more gold is boring (IMO) but you can make a lot of gold simply by making some small changes to the way you do the things you are doing already. There are lots of ways to make more gold than I am suggesting here, but what I am advocate is making gold without doing any extra work.

If you were wanting to do EN and NH LFR during the week anyway, why not be smart about it and get an extra 10K gold out of it? If you just feel like messing around and doing some WQs, why not do a few on each of your characters in order to complete their emissaries rather than gorging one character?
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-06-20 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Telling the OP to just play the game is a waste of a reply IMO.
    I agree, which is why I did more than that in my initial reply. Including, I assume, some of the things you mention in your video as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I've made half a million in this expansion purely by playing the game, doing whatever I like, not selling on the auction house or trade chat. Go farm HC raids from WotLK and up, even WoD is doable for most people, at least on Normal. Do quests. Do World Quests. Get a bodyguard, even if you don't need it, and equip it with items that give you gold. You CAN farm stuff and sell it, and all gathering profs are good for that, but I haven't needed it.
    I was about to say geez how did you make so much I haven't even hit that much. Then I realized while I have ~800k in my bank I've also bought 10 wow tokens (1 since Legion) to pay my subscriptions and spent probably a million gold there. So then it all made sense. Not sure if I should be happy I made that much or upset I blew it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    If you're good at what you do you can make 700k in a few hours in Goldshire Inn.
    lmao, maybe on some servers mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not sure if I should be happy I made that much or upset I blew it all.
    If you made it while doing stuff you normally do, be happy. Since it's so easy to get gold without much effort, and with effort you can get even more, I wouldn't be worried about spending it.

Edit: That half million is what I have AFTER spending lots of gold on transmog and heirloom upgrades and all sorts of other crap, just to try and get rid of gold. I don't know what I've earned since launch, as I don't care, but I do know I have half a million more now than when Legion launched. Don't know why I didn't think to mention that in my first reply...
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-06-20 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The maximum reward/award ratio is achieved with WQs by doing the minimum number possible in order to get all your emissary chests, and only doing extras if they happen to be convenient. Rather aim to do emissary quests on a few alts than try to do all available world quests on your main.
    To add to this I find it better to wait until you have 3 days worth up and do them all at once. This way you burn yourself out less and if you have alts you can do it so each day you have a toon with 3 chests up making it a lot more effective too. Rather than just logging on next toon, doing theirs and repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    4) General:
    4.1) Remember to get a shoulder enchant from one of the factions. The bags you get as a result can give you decent stream of stuff that sells well on the AH.
    While everyone has a preference I find the Warden's to be a lot better. You get Bloods from their enchant which allows you to buy pretty much any Legion crafting item (or resources for you or your alts). Instead of being confined to one item, you have a ton to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make my gold with (buying mats in AH crafting and selling the product no farming involved)

Glyphes (yes they sell on my server especially if you have the hard to get recipes)
    Enchanting (demand is high with the opening of ToS)
    Leatherworking/Tailoring/Blacksmithing (850 0/10 Obliterum gear)

per day I make 50-150k reposting not as frequent as I want to

TSM is a powerful tool if you understand it, if you don't you can hurt yourself pretty bad
    Maybe check out a guide and see if it would be something for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Few cents from me.

1: World Quests.

This is obvious solution, but so far best one at least for me. On one realm i got 12/12 chars and everyday doing emisaries is good income. Right now thanks to that i got 1.2 MLN gold counted from all chars i got on that realm. Also worth to mention, that when you got exalted with legion reps, you can get better emisaries chests for every 10K exalted rep.

2: Class halls missions.

Here strategy is simple. Try get your followers to legendary rank, equip them with items what increase missions chances or increase missions chances longer than 4/8 hours. I mostly get gold missions with longer time than 8 hours. Also worth use bodyguard with three items what gives you gold. If you can gest at least 180% - 195% mission chances, is high chance you may get bonus 1500 gold.

3: Class specifics.

Rogue can make tons of gold due to lockpicking leystone boxes, and turning in uncrowned vault tickets to Marin Nogglefogger. I noticed that with 7.2.5 release, Marin gives you even biger chest with gold sometimes, what contain 250 gold max. Before that, he gived you smaller chest with max 60 gold.

4: Dungeons & raids.

I could pretend here do mainly LFR for that. i used be raider for short time in legion, but that time is passed, when some people from group where i was member, wanted do even more hardcore dungs etc. Sorry i am filthy casual here.

5: Random.

Simply, if you drop any BoE items, try sell them on AH. I do it allways and got randomly income. Last BoE epic i sold for 25K gold.

My main account got banned at the start of ToV (or whatever that raid is called with Helya)
    Have made around 1m from then till a around 3 months back.
    How? Just playing the game, doing quests, dailies, selling random junk.
    Haven't played the AH or grinded anything to make gold.
    Didn't buy anything pricey from the AH either.

So my tip to you is, just play the game ; you'll get the amount of gold you want eventually.
    Do you want to make gold FASTER? play the AH or farm.