Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I see a lot of commercials about this and it makes me wonder.

Are you doing what is necessary to secure your future? What's your plan once you retire at 60-65? Will you be able to maintain your lifestyle?

Or will you be once of those people barely scratching out a meager existence?
    @breadisfunny
    I'll likely be working till the day I die.

I have a 401k which I put about 6% of my pay into. But that does not build up quickly at all. I need to speak with an adviser to maybe make better investments. I also increase my contribution each time I get my yearly raise. Hopefully I can get it up to 10% soon.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Every year I hire someone to attempt to beat me to death with a crowbar. The year I can't defend myself is the year I retire from this planet permanently.

Deleted
    That sounds like a terrible plan for someone who grey up in a first world country. It's hardly the same dynamic.
    It's simple. Just scream Allahu Akhbar every once in a while and you reap all the benefits in. Or rape all the? No it was reap sorry I'm a bit confused.

Have about 200 K in a Superannuation fund.
    Do not own a house but rent... (doesn't bother me).

Will probably keep working through after retirement, by owing a small business or working 2 days a week.

I get bored easily & do not find fun doing nothing .
    Therefore relaxing on a beach or playing lawn bowls everyday is not my thing.

People that retire & stop being active thru work tend to die earlier.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b01a5ebde49eff

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I have 8 k on my savings account and no debt. I own literally nothing but the lemon I drive a that will die within the next 2 years. My retirement plan is looking bright since I dont plan on living past 60 if I manage to make it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I'm actually quitting in a few weeks to pull out my 401k early, pay the penalties off and laugh at everyone who loses their shit when hyper inflation kicks in over the next year.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Not a lot of planning. I've got a pension fund from my employer and I'm saving the maximum tax deductible amount myself, but that's it. Those 2 combined aren't going to make me a rich old fart.

Right now I'm mainly saving for the near future. Once I'm settled down I can start looking ahead to save for when (if?) I retire. Which will still be in about 42-45 years, I don't expect to retire before 70-73.

The only smart investment I made is to buy off my years spent at university from our government, which will pay itself back after 3 years of retirement.

Still, society will take care of me, just like I'll work my ass off to pay the pensions of my parents' generation. The good thing is that I have no debt and likely never will.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-06-20 at 11:54 AM.

Universe didn't want me to retire, if I last that long I will die around 2 years after losing my current job due to lack of money.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I see a lot of commercials about this and it makes me wonder.

Are you doing what is necessary to secure your future? What's your plan once you retire at 60-65? Will you be able to maintain your lifestyle?

Or will you be once of those people barely scratching out a meager existence?
    @breadisfunny
    I plan on crossing into Canada illegally and living on their welfare system while demanding to be made a citizen that's my retirement plan.

Deleted
    I'm not.
    Pretty sure that when the time comes, i will be fucked over by the state to pay for the pensions of all the doctors and engineers who wont have earned enough pension capital for themselves.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-06-20 at 12:07 PM.

Man, I guess I'm actually kinda happy to live in Germany for once. Reading some of those posts it would really scare me, to be living in the USA once I can retire. Things like "you'd have to purchase a health insurance" are just scary to me. I mean, part of my monthly income just goes to my health insurance since by law everyone got to have one. Its not much that goes into it, it doesnt hurt me really, especially since it pays 90% of the doctorsvisits except for those real special doctors with voodoomagic or something like that, but even such stuff is covered by some insurance companies.
    As to my retirement plans. Well, I'm not expecting too much of a monthly payout of the pension since our retirement system isnt quite as modern as our health system is and the older the population gets (demographic change is a bitch) the less the system will work. You see, we pay a part of our monthly income for something called rentensteuer" which gets collected in a "pot" and from that pot all those old people are payed their pension. And there also lies the problem. While it might have been a great system back in the day, the demographics nowadays are rapidly shifting towards higher age, thus more and more people need to be payed out of that pot while relatively less people pay into it. It's kind of a flawed system but also really hard to change. If you'd just get rid of it and change it so everybody pays for themselves, there would be one generation which would get impacted reaaaaally bad. Like poverty at high age bad.
    So well, I'm really happy that I have a kinda wealthy dad. Even though that doesnt stop me from working hard, since I really enjoy my job, I can be quite relaxed as to whats coming when I'm old, at least financially. And of course I'm still putting some money to the side every now and then just in case.
    For now, I've got my own apartment with plenty of space, which will even support a family if I dont fuck up and get 4 children for whatever reasons. But even then I could sell or rent it out and get a comfy house. So at least there is not really that much of a possibility that I'd have to sleep on the streets or something like that.
    I guess thats really something you can be happy about.
    When I find threads like this, it always seems mindboggling to me, how so many germans can complain about our socialsystems, when there are still "first-world-countries" that dont even have those by default for everyone. I guess some really cant just be content with what they have.

Deleted
    Eh. It's alright. I'm debt free and putting money aside every month. Figure I've got a good 30-35 years of work left in me because I do something I like at my own pace.

Deleted
    have no plans to live past retirement, too many problems with being old

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogan117 View Post
    -snip
    It honestly depends on how good health insurance you get which vary wildly depending on your employer. I actually have good insurance. I have health, dental and vision and I pay $130/mo or about $1500/yr. I also only pay about 25% in total taxes including Social Security (rentensteuer) of my gross income a year. That's massively less than most Europeans. However there are many people who are not as lucky as me.

I've been working as a contractor in Kuwait since 2015, and I plan to keep working there until the end of 2022. That's enough time to have saved up enough money to buy a house, daily driver, and my dream exotic car with cash. I'll be 36 and able to save the max amount per year for retirement, and the rest I can save will probably go into the mutual fund I have open now. I'll have no debt, so I should be financially set when the retirement day rolls around.

we lost a lot of retirement money in holland because of investing in lousy stock market speculation
    I probably have to work till I'm dead.
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Every year I hire someone to attempt to beat me to death with a crowbar. The year I can't defend myself is the year I retire from this planet permanently.
    You must be rich to pay somebody to do it for you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    It honestly depends on how good health insurance you get which vary wildly depending on your employer. I actually have good insurance. I have health, dental and vision and I pay $130/mo or about $1500/yr. I also only pay about 25% in total taxes including Social Security (rentensteuer) of my gross income a year. That's massively less than most Europeans. However there are many people who are not as lucky as me.
    The great majority. I pay 3 times your premium for what I would call decent health insurance and my former employer pays twice what I do. It has high deductibles and no vision,dental other than a yearly checkup. And the premiums have been steadily increasing every year faster than the rate of inflation since Obama Care was made law. It will cover me well if I have a major health issue and end up with expensive surgery or several days in the hospital. Catastrophic coverage is 5,500 per person per calendar year. But as is, we pay over 1100 per out of pocket medical costs on average per year, not counting the premiums, due to the drug co payments my wife has to take.