Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Probably the strongest cast of any Marvel money to date. This movie will probably win all of the awards for costumes. The costumes and Wakanda look great from what we've seen. Spider-Man has been my favorite superhero ever but Black Panther is my most anticipated superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Aside from Wakanda itself, this movie and it's lead looks insanely boring, uninspired, and dull. The only thing he has going for him is the look of the suit and the aforementioned look of Wakanda, which is the definition of "shallow."

I'm sure it'll do moderately well, at least the first week or two, but that'll be about that. Seriously doubt he'll be getting a sequel so much as relegated to being a background/secondary character in other movies. If he's that lucky, seeing how fucking dull he is (and was in his previous appearance).
    People said the same thing about WW, how it would bomb and all that yet here it is about to break $700m which would make it I think the largest solo premier for any cbm ever. Chances are that BP will also do well and there will be 3 of them. He's also a semi interesting character imo when you get to see more of him. To each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Really? I've really liked Mike Jordan in most things. Though his character in this looks like a ripe faggot.
    The problem may be that I need to see Creed which I hear is pretty powerful.

In what limited things I have seen him in though I keep getting this feeling like they are setting Jordan up to be the next Smith or Snipes and the problem is he doesn't have that over the top charisma of Smith nor the super strong don't F with me attitude of Snipes.

I'm just not certain that they've found the right niche for him, but it's not feeling like action movies.

Regarding GotG2, I think the amount of enjoyment you get from the movie depends on how much you liked the soundtrack. 2's soundtrack is just so much weaksauce compared to the first movie.

Then again the other beef I have with GotG is the amount of "camp bleed" into other movies. Mostly seeing it in the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok where they've got this intense movie but then put on Zep and finish it up with early 80's laser lettering for the title card. I'm not saying that the movie should be super serious and gritty as hell - left Man of Steel with a headache and teeth about 2mm shorter because of grinding them - but it seems like it should be taken a tad more serious than how the trailer makes it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The problem may be that I need to see Creed which I hear is pretty powerful.

In what limited things I have seen him in though I keep getting this feeling like they are setting Jordan up to be the next Smith or Snipes and the problem is he doesn't have that over the top charisma of Smith nor the super strong don't F with me attitude of Snipes.
    That is very likely the case. I think drama with light action is where he shines. He was in two of my all-time favorite shows (both dramay) in The Wire and Friday Night Lights. His star shot up in Fruitvale Station and for more mass exposure from the shitty Fantastic Four movie. Add in Creed and I personally have a strong foundation for stardom.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    People said the same thing about WW, how it would bomb and all that yet here it is about to break $700m which would make it I think the largest solo premier for any cbm ever. Chances are that BP will also do well and there will be 3 of them. He's also a semi interesting character imo when you get to see more of him. To each their own though.
    Nowhere close to the most profitable solo comic book movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Odd, seemed horribly boring angry character..
    Don't know what movie you saw.

Batman v Superman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Nowhere close to the most profitable solo comic book movie.
    Didn't say most profitable solo movie. I said quite possibly highest grossing solo premiere(as in first movie for a character) though I forgot about Spiderman which did over $800m.

People said the same thing about WW
    So fucking what?

He's also a semi interesting character imo when you get to see more of him.
    Not even remotely.

To each their own though.
    Yep.

So fucking what?

Not even remotely.

Yep.
    Why are you being so ridiculously passive aggressive? I brought up WW because people said it would bomb as you are predicting BP will and it is a huge success. What is interesting is very much in the eye of the beholder. Just as what we find interesting often changes as we age. That is all.

I brought up WW because people said it would bomb...
    And again: So fucking what? That movie and that character has exactly zero relevance to Black Panther. "Hey guys, did you know Star Wars did really well? So obviously any space movie is going to do amazing, too! Herp a fucking derp!"

And again: So fucking what? That movie and that character has exactly zero relevance to Black Panther. "Hey guys, did you know Star Wars did really well? So obviously any space movie is going to do amazing, too! Herp a fucking derp!"
    a. My point is you are just another internet stooge voicing an opinion that movie x, y, z will fail because your herp a derp opinions think so. Nothing more.
    b. I am done responding to anything you say with your 13 yr old language/mentality. The above post will be flagged for being what it is as will most likely any further reponses from you directed at me.
    c. seek out some anger management therapy or something along those lines for the good of you and the rest of society.

Let's keep it civil otherwise I will have to start infracting the more uncivil posts

a. My point is you are just another internet stooge voicing an opinion that movie x, y, z will fail
    As opposed to another Internet stooge voicing an opinion that movie x, y, z won't fail.

Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Let's keep it civil otherwise I will have to start infracting the more uncivil posts
    Fuck you.

Excuse given. Enjoy beating off to the infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Coming to America on acid.

I think introducing the character and a sliver of that world in CA:CW was actually smart and may pay off simply due to generating interest in the movie, then the larger amount of people seeing it results in a larger word of mouth and helps it even more, assuming it turns out to be worthwhile.

The character himself to me is actually uninteresting, but everything else is interesting, at least from what I saw in the trailer.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-06-21 at 03:02 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Ryan Coogler (Creed) and Joe Robert Cole (American Crime Story) are supposed to be writing the script...that should be interesting.

As opposed to another Internet stooge voicing an opinion that movie x, y, z won't fail.

Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck you.

Excuse given. Enjoy beating off to the infraction.
    Get over your own attitude and seek therapy. Nobody's got time for overly hostile 14 yr olds.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Looks like Coming to America on acid.
    Black Panther putting in work on Nick Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It will likely make a lot of money, like majority of Marvel movies do, but that doesn't mean it will be a good movie.

Maybe it will, but this trailer was really underwhelming... just like the character was in Civil War.
    a. I didn't say making a lot of money at the box office means something is a good or great movie.
    b. It was a teaser trailer. Even full on trailers can be a poor way of judging a movie much less a 20-30 second teaser.
    c. Plenty of people are hyped for it based on that teaser. Some people just have trouble understanding how other people can be hyped for something they are not.

A. You insinuating it. Making lots of money makes it a success, but it doesn't make it a good movie.
    B. Teaser trailers are supposed to show the movie in the best possible way; to entice you to go out and pay to see it. For that reason, it should be great - this one is not.
    C. If you're hyped, great. Personal opinions and all.
    a. I didn't insinuate it. I was directly responding to someone who said they thought BP would bomb at the box office.
    b. Obviously trailers are meant to draw interest in a movie and there are plenty of people who felt it was a good trailer for being a teaser. Your opinion of it doesn't change that.
    c. I didn't even say I was hyped at this point. Again, you making assumptions and all.

Maybe you didn't mean it, but that's how your posts are coming off.

There's no need to go on the defensive here, but the trailer isn't getting favorable reviews, atm. They'll make more, and hopefully they can get audiences more hyped. As far as I go, I won't be seeing it. Didn't enjoy the character in Civil War, so I won't be watching it, let alone pay to see it.
    lol. How am I going on the defensive any more than you are going on the offensive here? I am simply responding to what you are saying. What you have been doing mostly is putting words in my mouth or twisting my words so you can argue with me. Please just stop. Don't see it if you have no interest in it. Problem solved. I mean seriously..