Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    State with the 9th highest poverty rate in the country votes for a slave wage advocate. Deserved, I suppose.
    Well, the people in the Sixth are doing quite well actually. So the usual Republican "fuck you, I have mine"?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It won't go away until all the exact same 65+ year old Democrats who survived the 2016 elections are gone.

I quite like a lot of Pelosi's political opinions, but I fucking despise how she's run the Democratic party as Speaker.
    she really needs to stop going infront of a mic, not sure how well she "plays politics" behind doors or on the legislation front but she's double negative to her party. She ammo for the right, and not only fails to inspire/motivate the left, the left's base actively see's her as the "old guard" that they wanted gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    she really needs to stop going infront of a mic, not sure how well she "plays politics" behind doors or on the legislation front but she's double negative to her party. She ammo for the right, and not only fails to inspire/motivate the left, the left's base actively see's her as the "old guard" that they wanted gone.
    Pelosi's talent is and always has been mobilizing House votes; but yes, she's not a good public face and her policies are dated to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Four for four, man the Democrats keep expecting that symbolic rebuke of the GOP and Trump and it keeps going down in flames. What did they spend? Oh right, they outspent the GOP 6-1 here, had an impressive roster of Hollywood celebrities endorsing their guy, and yet again another defeat.

Democrats are going to have to sober up to the reality that a blue wave isn't coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Four for four, man the Democrats keep expecting that symbolic rebuke of the GOP and Trump and it keeps going down in flames. What did they spend? Oh right, they outspent the GOP 6-1 here, had an impressive roster of Hollywood celebrities endorsing their guy, and yet again another defeat.

Democrats are going to have to sober up to the reality that a blue wave isn't coming.
    47% of the vote in a deep red state, with mitch helping by keeping the trumpcare secret, its not the win the dems wanted but its still a win.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    47% of the vote in a deep red state, with mitch helping by keeping the trumpcare secret, its not the win the dems wanted but its still a win.
    6-1 spending to reach 47% of the vote and having to give it everything they've got is not a win.

Winning is winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

6-1 spending to reach 47% of the vote and having to give it everything they've got is not a win.

Winning is winning.
    Na its still a win.

Look at all the people who don't understand what this really means. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Red districts in red states voting for red candidates isn't really news worthy.
    And indeed, it shouldn't be, because they SHOULD both be easy wins for the Republicans.

One of them is not. Thus the news.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-06-21 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Winning is winning.

Yes winning is winning.

But none of these four districts were swing districts. They were all deep red, and Dems significantly outperformed 2016 in all of them. If deep red districts can be this close, what are the purple districts going to look like if this trend continues? (And yes, that is a big 'if')
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-06-21 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na its still a win.
    losing != winning

Typical democrat loser mentality. Always gotta look at the glass half full for their poor little dems. Too bad the glass is refillable, apparently only the republicans understand that much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    losing != winning

Typical democrat loser mentality. Always gotta look at the glass half full for their poor little dems. Too bad the glass is refillable, apparently only the republicans understand that much.
    Everything is black and white with you guys.

This is normally a district that votes 70%+ conservative. A tight race should be sending a message when it's a district that's normally unanimously in support of conservatives.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems pretty sad and pathetic that Theo was once talking about values, about helping the middle class and the poor, and who was appealing to who, and who would help whom the most. And now that narrative of Theo has just turned into:

"HAHAHA SUCK IT DEMOCRATS, PRAISE KEK, SUCK IT BITCHES!"

Welcome to the alt right, you don't actually stand FOR anything, you just stand against Democrats. You have no values of your own. You're willing to burn your own house down if it means your neighbor's house burns too, as long as your neighbor is a Democrat.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Everything is black and white with you guys.

This is normally a district that votes 70%+ conservative. A tight race should be sending a message when it's a district that's normally unanimously in support of conservatives.
    you do realize how much advertisements affect races these days right? Dems out spent republicans 6-1 and still lost.The dems are clueless. Blue Wave of 2018 aint happening, theyre all insane and stuck in this echo chamber or rejects. CNN literally argues all day even though they agree with each other. Lmao. MORONS.

you do realize how much advertisements affect races these days right? Dems out spent republicans 6-1 and still lost.The dems are clueless. Blue Wave of 2018 aint happening, theyre all insane and stuck in this echo chamber or rejects. CNN literally argues all day even though they agree with each other. Lmao. MORONS.
    4 special elections this close to the presidential election, in districts the gop won by miles all became down to the wire races, who again is being delusional?

Winning is winning.
    Oh honey, it was a vote in a single state by a minute portion of the population, it's not everything....but life is about enjoying the small victories. So enjoy.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I gotta say, US liberals are a funny breed.

Yesterday all the liberal media were crowing about a referendum on Trump and today? "It does not matter it was a red district anyway".

Not to mention that huge amounts of money in politics seem to be only problematic when it is in favour of Rep candidates. And people wonder why the traditional media have lost all their power...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post

Yesterday all the liberal media were crowing about a referendum on Trump and today? "It does not matter it was a red district anyway".

Not to mention that huge amounts of money in politics seem to be only problematic when it is in favour of Rep candidates. And people wonder why the traditional media have lost all their power...
    The reason it was a big deal if the Democrat won was because it was a red district in a red state. Red candidate was expected, if blue candidate won it would be an upset.

And the Democrat party is having an internal war over money in politics. That's the whole Bernie Sanders thing.

I'm gonna quote myself from right above:
    None of these four districts were swing districts. They were all deep red, and Dems significantly outperformed 2016 in all of them. If deep red districts can be this close, what are the purple districts going to look like if this trend continues? (And yes, that is a big 'if')
    I'm not predicting a blue wave per se, because there are very pertinent and open-ended questions that will have a large bearing on 2018, such as:
    -What does the state of the Russia investigation look like when the midterm comes around?
    -Will the GOP get it's act together and actually pass major legislation? Will it be popular? Will it be beneficial (2018 would be too soon to tell, but perceptions will matter)?
    -How do the Dems changed their strategy and messaging over the next year?
    -How is the economy doing? Are there any major foreign policy wins or blunders?

So: yes, the GOP held all of the seats, but they had to work much harder than they should've. When the whole House is up, what are those purple districts going to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    They went for the throat against Trump for the entire election for all the good it ended up doing. In this particular district, though, it may have been slightly more helpful, as they don't particularly like Trump as much to begin with. I think ultimately, Trump will keep shooting himself in the foot or he won't. If he succeeds, there's very little the Dems can say that will score them enough points. If the Trump administration continues on its current path, Dems need to show how they will be better instead of piling on.
    Democrats keep picking Hillary Clinton type of candidates, people who are too much at the center and talk about policy. This political environment is not for those people, the republican party went through a purge after Obama democrats need to purge out these moderates. It would also help if they flush people like Nancy Pelosi out since they are nothing but a growing cancer on the party killing any hopeful stars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#5a1026395b78

Depending on what the Senate does with the AHCA, it will most likely have to be approved once again by the House of Representatives.
    Sounds like a small boost for the chances of the AHCA passing.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not predicting a blue wave per se, because there are very pertinent and open-ended questions that will have a large bearing on 2018, such as:
    -What does the state of the Russia investigation look like when the midterm comes around?
    -Will the GOP get it's act together and actually pass major legislation? Will it be popular? Will it be beneficial (2018 would be too soon to tell, but perceptions will matter)?

So: yes, the GOP held all of the seats, but they had to work much harder than they should've. When the whole House is up, what are those purple districts going to look like?
    the problem is your entire party fully expected to win some of these districts. Whether you want to admit it or not.

They got out spent 6-1. I'd hardly say they worked much harder than they normally do. Sounds like the dems spewed money all over the place to lose anyways. Clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

4 special elections this close to the presidential election, in districts the gop won by miles all became down to the wire races, who again is being delusional?
    except no. They didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post

BINGO this dude understands.

- - - Updated - - -