Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First impressions:
    Eradication performs slightly better in ST. Though first I was a little confused that I have to track the debuff and plan the rotation accordingly, whereas having T19 2p bonus leaves temptation to just spam Chaos Bolt.

ELT isn't far behind in ST, and for M+ it is a more preferable option since it buffs all outcoming damage. Pre-cast ELT, then Cata -> Rof -> CDF = HELL.

Cata vs FnB, well it depends on dungeon and pace. The only thing that kept me from taking Cata before 7.2.5 was its CD. Now its lowered but so is the instant damage it does. Moreover sometimes packs die so quickly that RoF and Incinerates are the only options. 3+targeted FnB makes shardbits accumulate really fast.

Last tier - CDF. Strong in ST and fairly strong in burst AOE. Soul Conduit, well... I got tired of RNG. And Havok became a headache IMO. Incorrect timing will result in a huge dps loss and taking Wreak Havok hardly improves the situation - cd is still too long. So leave it default and just make sure you use it correctly.
    Sure there are (and will be) council fights where you can take full advantage of it.

All in all, new (old) shardbits system is pleasing. Doomshards addon was updated to 7.2.5 and is a musthave.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet88 View Post
    All in all, new (old) shardbits system is pleasing. Doomshards addon was updated to 7.2.5 and is a musthave.
    where did you find the update?

Deleted
    Did some sims, here are my results :

2 targets Cleave :
    Talent 1/2/x/3/x/2/1 with Magistrike / Feretory (time and space not so far away).
    1 735 458

Cata vs F&B vs SH (with Feretory + Time and space) 1/3/x/x/x/2/2

-Mono :
    SH : 1 047 728
    Cata : 1 035 131
    F&B : 1 011 036
    => Expected biggest differences between the talent

-3 Targets
    F&B : 1 815 604
    Cata : 1 710 000
    SH : 1 634 767
    Best leg : Feretory + Alythess's Pyrogenics (or lesson of time and space)

-5 targets :
    F&B : 2 552 468 (with Soulconduit : 2 670 593)
    Cata : 2 400 874
    Best leg : Feretory + Alythess's Pyrogenics (or lesson of time and space)

MM+ build :
    1/3/3/2/2/2/2
    For trash : Feretory + Alythess's Pyrogenics (or Sephuz)
    For Boss : Sin dorei + time and space

what do you guys think about mixing t19 2pc with t20. i feel like the loss of t19 and with t20 being lackluster, will lead to less casting and slower CB.

So I pulled a Master Harvester from a corpse today. The onestopshop sims have it doing decent with Feretory... being that I still lack Lessons, you think it's worthwhile? Probably best to run with Soul Conduit in that case, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    So I pulled a Master Harvester from a corpse today. The onestopshop sims have it doing decent with Feretory... being that I still lack Lessons, you think it's worthwhile? Probably best to run with Soul Conduit in that case, right?
    One way to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exjay View Post
    what do you guys think about mixing t19 2pc with t20. i feel like the loss of t19 and with t20 being lackluster, will lead to less casting and slower CB.
    I imagine it'll quickly get to a point where unless you got a lucky titanforge that you'd lose too much raw stat for it to be worthwhile to hold on to the old set bonuses. That's before considering one of our bis legendaries is a shoulder piece.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    It may be good but however, isn't it very RNG too? Which on progress at least is probably not desirable. I guess that you could argue the same though for multiple leggos including the shoulders and belt to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    It may be good but however, isn't it very RNG too? Which on progress at least is probably not desirable. I guess that you could argue the same though for multiple leggos including the shoulders and belt to be fair.
    Yeah, it's probably more RNG-y overall. Though with shardbits and smoothed mastery now, it's also probably not any worse than previously, so eh. Honestly doesn't bug me much.

There wasn't a ton raiding left for the week, but we did sneak in a Gul'dan kill that had me get 9 procs in slightly more than 9m of fight. I'm still playing pretty poorly, tbh, and I don't know if ~1 PPM is within reasonable expectations but the DPS numbers certainly weren't immediately lower than on previous attempts. One anecdote is definitely not data, but so far my verdict is: Might not be the worst thing.

Just, ah, forget about using it in the open world. Frustrating as all hell.

Does anyone know, will mastery be most valuable stat with 4p t20? I tried some sims, its still saying that haste will be best, even with 4p t20. But, for example, on icy veins, they say that mastery will be best stat. Whats ur opinion?
    Sorry if this is already asked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonray View Post
    Does anyone know, will mastery be most valuable stat with 4p t20? I tried some sims, its still saying that haste will be best, even with 4p t20. But, for example, on icy veins, they say that mastery will be best stat. Whats ur opinion?
    Sorry if this is already asked.
    Never trust anything said on Icy Veins... Lock one-stop shop classifies mastery last, but I guess this will move up the chain a bit with the T20 4pc.

Deleted
    @Crimsonray
    Mastery will gain some value but won't become our bis stats.
    Destru will stay the way it is : you need a bit of everything so no BIS stats stacking for us.
    Generally, higher ilv will always be better.

Generate your stats weight when changing your stuff :https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats
    Use SimC + https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/topgear to find the best setup.

Simple Destru stat weight explanation :
    Stack mastey (or crit/versa) ? good hard hitting CB (and other spells) but you are loosing shards generation / conflag cooldown so mastery loose it's value (not enough CB).
    Stack haste ? High shard generation but low dmg spells...
    Crit vs Mastery vs Versa : it's multiplicative so you need a bit of everything
    100 dmg/s
    20% crit => 120 dmg/s (100*1.2)
    Add 1% crit => 121 dmg/s (100*1.21)
    Add 1% versa => 121.2 dmg/s (100 *1.2 *1.01)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    According to Pyromancer mastery becomes our 2nd best stat with 4p t20
    http://www.wowhead.com/destruction-warlock-gear-guide
    You mean according to theorycrafters in Warlock Discord, which Pyromancer shamelessly plagiarized.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    So Cata beats F&B even on higher keys? I thought F&B edges out with sustained AoE, along with more shards for RoF. But if not, that's cool too. I love Cata's synergy with Channel Demonfire.
    Problem with rof is it's a piece of shit spell with delayed delivery and tiny radius that mobs easily get walked out of by the tank.

You might as well be pumping out cata>CDF>havoc cleave and come out better than doing some pitiful aoe via rof.

10+ Year Old Account
    RoF pitiful AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You mean according to theorycrafters in Warlock Discord, which Pyromancer shamelessly plagiarized.
    It did not take a rocket scientist to realize Mastery would go up in rank and possibly overtake crit for second best stat when the 4 piece bonus for T20 was introduced. I even thought it would and I do not run sims nor visit the Warlock discord.

I am interested to see the legendary rankings though. I got a 970 Sin'dorei Spite today. I already had Lessons and Feretory, which I plan on upgrading the Lessons first.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-06-21 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I am interested to see the legendary rankings though. I got a 970 Sin'dorei Spite today. I already had Lessons and Feretory, which I plan on upgrading the Lessons first.
    Lesson > all
    In a patchwerk simulation Feretory > Sin'dorei Spites

In reality :
    Feretory vs Sin'dorei Spites mostly depend of when you can use Sin'dorei in the fight.
    If it line up well in the fight (during a dmg buff on the boss, during BL, during a cleave/AoE part of the fight) => use Sin'dorei
    If you fell that itline up at the worst moment every time (during movement, boss dying when you get the cd back, etc ...) => use feretory

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    It did not take a rocket scientist to realize Mastery would go up in rank
    While this is true, the dude does literally just sit in the lock discord all day and then make youtube videos based on other peoples work.

- - - Updated - - -

Did some fiddling around with the current nightly build and some things and getting much different results vs things I've seen. Replaced t19 4p with t20 2p just to see and it barely simmed lower (with both pieces being 5 ilvls less each) which would suggest that the new 2p is worth roughly the same as the old 4p if there's not something wrong in the sim.

Also simmed 970 lessons with feretory vs new ring and new ring was around 20-30k ahead despite onestopshop saying they're about equal.

Gotta fiddle a bit more, but yeah. Will be curious to look more into as per usual early into a patch.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I haven't had the time but interested to see what 2pc 19/4pc 20 + feretory/ring does vs other setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Never trust anything said on Icy Veins... Lock one-stop shop classifies mastery last, but I guess this will move up the chain a bit with the T20 4pc.
    Why is everyone here so down on the Icy Veins guide? Once upon a time this forum treated Furty's thoughts like gospel...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Why is everyone here so down on the Icy Veins guide? Once upon a time this forum treated Furty's thoughts like gospel...
    For the same reason idiots shit on Wikipedia even when the subject pages are maintained by established university professors.