Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, did something more go down...? (SPOILERS!!!)

So, by now I'm assuming everyone reading this post will have seen the last cinematic.

IF YOU HAVEN'T, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU WISH TO AVOID SPOILERS!!!

Ahem...

So, we see Kil'jaeden effectively face facts that he's a giant D-bag, and basically says he hopes Velen can kill Sargeras. Velen then places his hand on Kil'jaeden, and we see an explosion of light, just as the heroes find themselves back on the Broken Shore.

I'm actually wondering if something "bigger" actually went down here.

Theory #1 - Velen killed Kil'jaeden

When Velen's son died, dude clearly wasn't happy. He says "Tell them... the Light died this day", which is foreboding as hell. Between the "Void Lords", the "Holy Nathrezim", and the fact that the new Naaru is proclaiming Illidan is the "Champion of Light", I've a sneaking suspicion that we may face both Light and Shadow as destructive forces. Velen using "the Light" to eradicate his former comrade in a show of hate could be the first clue that Velen has lost it.

Theory #2 - Kil'jaeden isn't actually dead

Another theory could be that Velen actually doesn't kill Kil'jaeden. We see Kil'jaeden's fel-colored scars fill with holy light before that blinding flash, so perhaps it is possible that Velen removed the Fel corruption from Kil'jaeden. I thought it curious that after the heroes "land" back in Broken Shore, we don't actually see a panned-out shot of them; only their faces. Perhaps, then, a "non-corrupted" Kil'jaeden could be lying at their feet?

Either way, I'm curious to see what Argus holds!

Kil'jaeden got "disenchanted", like Varian.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So, by now I'm assuming everyone reading this post will have seen the last cinematic.

Ahem...

So, we see Kil'jaeden effectively face facts that he's a giant D-bag, and basically says he hopes Velen can kill Sargeras. Velen then places his hand on Kil'jaeden, and we see an explosion of light, just as the heroes find themselves back on the Broken Shore.

When Velen's son died, dude clearly wasn't happy. He says "Tell them... the Light died this day", which is foreboding as hell. Between the "Void Lords", the "Holy Nathrezim", and the fact that the new Naaru is proclaiming Illidan is the "Champion of Light", I've a sneaking suspicion that we may face both Light and Shadow as destructive forces. Velen using "the Light" to eradicate his former comrade in a show of hate could be the first clue that Velen has lost it.

Another theory could be that Velen actually doesn't kill Kil'jaeden. We see Kil'jaeden's fel-colored scars fill with holy light before that blinding flash, so perhaps it is possible that Velen removed the Fel corruption from Kil'jaeden. I thought it curious that after the heroes "land" back in Broken Shore, we don't actually see a panned-out shot of them; only their faces. Perhaps, then, a "non-corrupted" Kil'jaeden could be lying at their feet?

I thought he showed him part or all of the vision he had on this. Why he looked so stunned for a moment then accepting of his death

Deleted
    Or the 3rd lazy theory based on Blizzard bad writing:

Velen finished off Kil'Jaden with light and nothing more will come out of it.

I think he just finished him off. I also think Velen will be a boss in Argus, as in a raid boss.

Looks to me like he just finished him off.

That wasn't a face of hate, that was a face of pity from Velen.

when he touched KJ he exploded him, you can even see it in the cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I saw it was that KJ was already dying and Velen stuck his hand on KJ's forehead as like a "I pity you" moment

I pick alternative 3 it is a very rude one and would get me banned from this site but it is about stupidity and the #1 poster here.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Kil'jaeden got "disenchanted", like Varian.

This.
    He gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    The way I saw it was that KJ was already dying and Velen stuck his hand on KJ's forehead as like a "I pity you" moment
    That's the way I thought everyone saw it. I don't know why people always try to over-analyze things in WoW's story when it's as simple and straightforward as can be. There is never any hidden meanings or secret plots going on. Half the storylines in this game don't even reach fulfillment.
    For the Alliance!

Threepeat Faction War Champions!

Deleted
    What Illidan actually did to Argus with throwing that stone? Khadgar was pissed....

Quote Originally Posted by Tensho14 View Post
    That's the way I thought everyone saw it. I don't know why people always try to over-analyze things in WoW's story when it's as simple and straightforward as can be. There is never any hidden meanings or secret plots going on. Half the storylines in this game don't even reach fulfillment.
    I like the idea that Velen showed him part of a vision perhaps. That would have been an interesting end to Kil'jaeden... knowing what Velen saw and how he was always wrong the entire time he fought for the Legion instead of against them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is more to it than him getting exploded, otherwise there was no reason for Velen to reach out and touch him like that.

Kil'jaeden's death looks identical to Varian's and Gul'dan's, and doesn't seem to have involved the Light. As others have said, Velen's gesture was one of pity, as Kil'jaeden was already dying.

Ahem...

Both are wrong, if you watched it closely you would see KJ getting ready to explode with cracks on his face forming before Velen touched him to say goodbye they were close once, it was just a goodbye touch nothing more. He exploded with fel energy and hes dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many saying that Velen "finished him off" and stuff. It's more that he felt sorry for his "brother" and his fate and just placed his hand on his forehead to say goodbye (Kil'jaeden just let go when he felt the touch of his old "brother" and blew up).

Kil'jaeden was already crackled and were gonna blow up already anyway. He's dead and you're probably reading a bit much into this. It was more like the final chapter to the story of Kil'jaeden.
    Last edited by nalle; 2017-06-21 at 05:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    KJ is dead.

Argus is so saturated in fel energy that a permanent death on Argus or simply around it means permanent death for the demon. KJ's role as a villain in the lore has wrapped up.

Velen did not finish him off. KJ did not say "Sargeras is a huge d-bag" or anything.

KJ in his final moments merely "made his peace" - or his variation of it - with Velen. He told Velen how he really felt about him, and acknowledged that in the past he never thought Sargeras could be stopped. Now that he himself has been stopped, he is being open to the possibility.

Velen did not finish him off.

Or maybe he did, because when he touches his forehead it looks like the wounds on KJ's face begin to glow brightly, so perhaps he did?

EDIT: I meant to add that Velen touching his forehead before KJ bit it was also Velen's way of making "his peace" with him also. I couldn't imagine anything less towards the monster that hunted your people down for eons and turned your own son against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it curious that after the heroes "land" back in Broken Shore, we don't actually see a panned-out shot of them; only their faces. Perhaps, then, a "non-corrupted" Kil'jaeden could be lying at their feet?
    LULWUT? If there was a non-corrupted KJ at their feet, the first thing they'd do is look down at him and be like "Holy shit, there's a non corrupted KJ at our feet!"
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

KJ was already going to explode. That was just Velen's way of saying goodbye.