Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Atleast jaylock's shitposts aren't pathetic and catering to LFRtards
    This is true, Jaylock is clever with his trolling - I get a kick out of his posts. Jt just makes me roll my eyes.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Got proof people just do LFR for 1 week then unsub? Because I keep seeing this claim but no data to back it up.
    Nobody has access to blizzard database so I can't prove it either way, however it seems intuitive that it is like this for the aforementioned reasons.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Well, that's why hardcore was in quotes, because I agree. But it never, ever fails.
    Well look at Jaylock. Look at this achievements on his armory so he can't claim "LOL IT WAS AN ALT LOL" - His guild carried him through Heroic a handful of times and he's in here bemoaning LFR's existence every step of the way. I suspect most of these people whining about LFR have never actually stepped in Mythic either and they just want LFR removed to feel better about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it special treatment to want the same content at the same time as everyone else?
    ITs nots exactly the same content though, is it. SUre, it's the same raid, but if you want the same content you'd have the same boss mechanics as all the other difficulties. That would be extremely hilarious to watch now that I think about it.
    Regardless, what's it matter? As you've pointed out, if it's that major, you can unsub until it's out of you want, or you can go into abnormal pug where people put in roughly the same amount of effort or get replaced.
    I can see the point you are trying to make, but very few people even care that much, or enough to actively complain short of "I don't like it." Side note: you're also trying to preach to a group of people that put in as little effort as possible, which means actively making a formal complaint is just too much for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    That's my point exactly.
    And mine too. If normal requires as little effort as you claim why do you care about LFR? LFR is for the casual audience that don't want to socialize, they don't deserve to see everything day 1. LFR should be gated - it keeps player engagement for a couple months. If you think normal requires the same amount of effort, LFR is not designed for you.

Does it need to be a 2 week gate between wings though? Why not just one week. Pretty sure it was only a week in MOP.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you can't wait for the LFR, go pug it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Perhaps it's to encourage exactly that, for people to go out of their comfort zone into manual pugs with other people rather than automated easymode.

I'd say it's entirely fair if that's the case. Being a casual and unwilling to commit to a raiding guild and schedule =/= being so socially awkward that one can't anonymously join groups where everyone's equally new to the content...

The timegate between wings could be shorter though, but maybe they've seen that the LFR community needs 2 weeks on one wing before they can comfortably move on to the next?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-21 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP can't do that for some unknown reason. Plus all other casuals of that scale won't either.
    Then there is no valid complaint than to wait.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The real reason LFR has to wait 2 months is to extend the lifecycle of a tier and to keep players doing lfr only subbed for more. Its purely a $ reason. Does it suck? Maybe, but guess what $ moves the world around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pethaps it's to encourage exactly that, for people to go out of their comfort zone into manual pugs with other people rather than automated easymode.

I'd say it's entirely fair if that's the case. Being a casual and unwilling to commit to a raiding guild and schedule =/= being so socially awkward that one can't anonymously join groups where everyone's equally new to the content...

The timegate between wings could be shorter though, but maybe they've seen that the LFR community needs 2 weeks on one wing before they can comfortably move on to the next?
    Having LFR later I believe as well, is to fuel people with the want of trying out to reach there before LFR does.

Deleted
    Then fucking go clear it in a pug, jesus christ, can you stop moaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    And mine too. If normal requires as little effort as you claim why do you care about LFR? LFR is for the casual audience that don't want to socialize, they don't deserve to see everything day 1. LFR should be gated - it keeps player engagement for a couple months. If you think normal requires the same amount of effort, LFR is not designed for you.
    I agree, that's what I was saying. I don't care about LFR and I think it's fine that way it is. OP should pug it if they are that desperate to clear it day 1.

so How do you gear from 800ish ilvls to 890? pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I agree, that's what I was saying. I don't care about LFR and I think it's fine that way it is. OP should pug it if they are that desperate to clear it day 1.
    Ahh, my mistake - I misunderstood.

LFR should be out sooner, I can completely understand that people who might have wanted to pug it are disenfranchised by the "910+ Link AOTC" for a raid which drops ilvl 900 gear and is recommended for people in the 880-900 range. And before someone says "well make your own group then lul" we're talking about people trying to move up from LFR who likely have no raid leading experience and don't want to be in charge on day 1 of a new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    LFR should be out sooner, I can completely understand that people who might have wanted to pug it are disenfranchised by the "910+ Link AOTC" for a raid which drops ilvl 900 gear and is recommended for people in the 880-900 range. And before someone says "well make your own group then lul" we're talking about people trying to move up from LFR who likely have no raid leading experience and don't want to be in charge on day 1 of a new tier.
    90% of those other raids are not ppl who know how to raid lead. Sometimes you actually end up noticing the lead is 850 item level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    90% of those other raids are not ppl who know how to raid lead. Sometimes you actually end up noticing the lead is 850 item level as well.
    To each their own I suppose, but if we're looking to encourage people out of LFR giving them the impression that they need to outgear the loot of the content they want to do is not the way to do it.

i actually agree with the new group finder tool and stuff gating LFR seems silly.... Never did see the reason behind it anyways. If i was causal enough / only desired to run LFR .. i could unsubbing till it was fully unlocked each time.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If LFR heroes can't do easy AF normal mode you shouldn't even be playing. Please unsub
    If Normal heroes can't do easy AF Heroic mode you shouldn't even be playing. Please unsub.

If Heroic heroes can't do easy AF Mythic mode you shouldn't even be playing. Please unsub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.