Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Racist speech doesn't need to be defined.
    If you want there to be a law against it, it absolutely needs to be defined. That's how laws work. I don't think there should be a law against it, nobody is making you stand next to a racist person. If they follow you around, guess what? That's harassment, and that is against the law.

Laws against offending people should not exist, because some idiots get offended when someone says "good evening" when they have had a bad day.

Racist speech doesn't need to be defined.
    Everyone is a little bit racist!

Deleted
    I BELIEVE in Freedom of Speech but that doesnt mean there are no consequences of those words you say.

You have right to say what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post

IS THAT YOU?

People are abusing this freedom with heavy trolling. New rules ans laws are made because of parents who dont monitor their children and adults who act like children can't hold an intelligent conversation without using racial slurs or disrespecting people theyve never met. The easiest way to lose a right, is to abuse a right.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you met "everyone"?

Deleted
    I don't have to believe in it because I live in the first world.

IS THAT YOU?
    No, no!

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    People are abusing this freedom with heavy trolling. New rules ans laws are made because of parents who dont monitor their children and adults who act like children can't hold an intelligent conversation without using racial slurs or disrespecting people theyve never met. The easiest way to lose a right, is to abuse a right.
    Maybe if you stopped talking about racism, it would go away. just like morgan freeman said and he's a black dude

Maybe if you stopped talking about racism, it would go away. just like morgan freeman said and he's a black dude
    Being black doesn't mean he's right. It's illogical to believe that racism would go away if people stopped talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    Have you met "everyone"?
    You can't be 100% racist so the opposite also cannot be true.

99.9%? Sure, but not 100%
    Because, imperfect beings cannot be perfect (wether this is positive or negative perfection) in anything.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-06-22 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Being black doesn't mean he's right. It's illogical to believe that racism would go away if people stopped talking about it.
    Just like Tom Cruise once said "Sometimes the best thing to do with logic is to shove it up your ass".

Just like Tom Cruise once said "Sometimes the best thing to do with logic is to shove it up your ass".
    So you think people will stop being racist when you stop talking about racism? Just how deluded are you?

racism wont disappear until there is no such thing as "race" anymore.

So you think people will stop being racist when you stop talking about racism? Just how deluded are you?
    90% of the racism in the world is fictional. It's a non-issue manufactured by very hypocritical individuals. That's the kind of racism people should stop talking about.

That and those notions that black people can't possibly be racist.

Take The Young Turks for instance, their channel is a meme at this point. A bloody joke

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, do you believe in Freedom of Speech?

Which includes anything you say or post online, even bullying speech should be protected.

I do, and I think everyone's ideas and thoughts should be protected under freedom of speech.

Thankfully in the US we have the 1st Amendment which protects freedom of speech, and I know most other countries have similar laws protecting freedom of speech.
    I absolutely believe in the freedom of speech.

And I absolutely know that freedom of speech doesn't guarantee anyone a platform. And I absolutely know that freedom of speech doesn't allow people to be irresponsible. There are things such as libel and slander, and I would put bullying that that general category which means those should be squashed for the same conceptual reasons. Additionally, there are things such as perjury, and I would put intentional deception and lying into that general category which means those should be squashed for the same conceptual reasons.

And I absolutely believe that if you say something stupid, you can and should be called out on it.

90% of the racism in the world is fictional.
    How can you even believe this?

How can you even believe this?
    Because.. I'm very bright(?)

Please tell me how oppressed black men are in america and how they're denied opportunities based on their color.

Even though the POTUS atm is an orange, not so long ago you had a black man rulling you from the white house.

A black dude rulling white dudes from a white house.

- - - Updated - - -

racism wont disappear until there is no such thing as "race" anymore.
    The chinese will assimilate everyone, don't worry about that

Everyone's a little bit 'racist'. Our brains are hardwired to be prejudiced (i.e. us vs them), but you don't have to act on these impulses. I think the best way to deal with prejudice is to recognize it within yourself, understand why it happens and take control of your impulses in a disciplined manner. Really the same way you control your other urges.

/steps off his high horse
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Because.. I'm very bright(?)

Please tell me how oppressed black man are in america and how they're denied opportunities based on their color.
    I don't know the specifics? I know there's racism. That's all I need to know.
    Even though the POTUS atm is an orange, not so long ago you had a black man rulling you from the white house.

A black dude rulling white dudes from a white house.
    Not american, so nobody was ruling me from the white house.

I don't know the specifics? I know there's racism. That's all I need to know.

Not american, so nobody was ruling me from the white house.
    Well, considering I know a lot and you don't..

I win.