Thread: Nukes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    It was so powerful it destroyed every reality of Theramore and wiped everyone from existence. If it wasn't taken into Jaina's tower and her warding countering the explosion who knows what would have happened.
    hmm. what do you mean by every reality of theramore?

the nuke in stonetalon wiped out a larger area than theramore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    They should.

Hell, they do.

Idk why they use it, though...
    because, sargeras wants to fuck azeroth, not destroy her.

Nuking a planet that has an open portal to Azeroth in space??? Bad plan, since parts of the planet would explode through the portal and wreck Azeroth. Not to mention I'm sure there are some good Eredar left somewhere, somehow that Velen wants to rescue or at the very least restore his home planet's ecosystem if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the goblins and blood elves did.

one chemical, one magical.

the magical one didn't see anymore potent than the chemical one.
    When Theramore blew up not only did our Theramore blow up but so did AU Theramore and every single Theramore in every conceivable universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    When Theramore blew up not only did our Theramore blow up but so did AU Theramore and every single Theramore in every conceivable universe.
    i see. that is definitely not a thing to play around with.

that sounds like something we need to shoot down sargeras's dickhole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, arcane magic is effectively rewriting the space-time continuum. A mana bomb is the worst form of this magic, ripping apart reality and haphazardly stitching it back together over and over again. In comparison, nukes seem almost tame. Magic effectively allowed the denizens of Azeroth to completely skip past a huge swath of technological advancement, directly to destructive capabilities we can only dream of. Who needs to split the atom when you can split reality itself?
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Mana bombs were first seen in TBC as tech players acquired from blood elves residing in Terrokar Forest. It later resurfaced as part of Garrosh's arsenal among many things the alliance and horde fought along the way to pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Perhaps I should have said "discouraged from use" instead of "outlawed" then. But, the mana bomb wasn't unique at all. They were originally developed by Kael'thas' forces on Outland. You find one in Terokkar, at a Cenarion camp, and (if memory serves) another one in development at a Blood Elf camp in Terokkar as well. The mana bomb at Theramore was simply far more powerful.
    Not really the manabomb at Theramore was unique, because it required the focusing Iris. Manabombs in general are being thrown around quite often and are no longer just a blood elf weapon, since they shared that knowledge with the kirin tor, who make use of this kind of weaponry frequently as well.

Mana bombs also have the side effects similar to radiation. Even the smaller ones are not that common. But yeah, the Theramore bomb was buffed up by the Focusing Iris, which is why it opened a hole in reality (I wonder if Blizzard will ever use that rip for something...).

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Mana bombs also have the side effects similar to radiation. Even the smaller ones are not that common. But yeah, the Theramore bomb was buffed up by the Focusing Iris, which is why it opened a hole in reality (I wonder if Blizzard will ever use that rip for something...).
    I do wonder if you can clean the arcane residue of ordinary manabombs up, it shouldn't be too hard to be honest, considering it is just far more arcane energy in the surrounding area and skilled magi should be able to siphon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I do wonder if you can clean the arcane residue of ordinary manabombs up, it shouldn't be too hard to be honest, considering it is just far more arcane energy in the surrounding area and skilled magi should be able to siphon it.
    My guess is that mages or druids can clean up the mess, but the larger mana bombs may require quite a bit of effort from multiple casters.

My guess is that mages or druids can clean up the mess, but the larger mana bombs may require quite a bit of effort from multiple casters.
    Well at a certain point they tear apart reality and the damage is pretty much irreversible, but up to that point manabombs are quite reliable and one of the cleaner WmD of the warcraft universe. No wonder the Kirin tor started to use them as well.

Kinda weird Blood Elves and Goblins dominated this topic with Gnomes only getting mentioned by name, only hypothetically by the OP and without a mention of any actual weapons. When the radiation bomb they used in Gnomeregan is probably the closest WoW has to nukes in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Or just throw a bunch of Withered/Wretched there. Piece of cake!

EDIT: Maybe even some requisitioned "Scrubbers" from Nighthold? They do clean-up Arcane leaks quite nicely...
    Last edited by Zardi; 2017-06-22 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kinda weird Blood Elves and Goblins dominated this topic with Gnomes only getting mentioned by name, only hypothetically by the OP and without a mention of any actual weapons. When the radiation bomb they used in Gnomeregan is probably the closest WoW has to nukes in particular.
    That is more like a dirty bomb (which has low blast power but is used to spread dangerous material) than a nuke (huge blasting power with radioactivity as a side effect)

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafting View Post
    Remember, arcane magic is effectively rewriting the space-time continuum. A mana bomb is the worst form of this magic, ripping apart reality and haphazardly stitching it back together over and over again. In comparison, nukes seem almost tame. Magic effectively allowed the denizens of Azeroth to completely skip past a huge swath of technological advancement, directly to destructive capabilities we can only dream of. Who needs to split the atom when you can split reality itself?
    Eh, "ripping apart reality" sounds nice, but in the end when we're talking about weapon, what matters is how well they can be used for killing / destruction. Destroying a x km area is destroying a x km area regardless whether you do it by ripping dimension apart or splitting atoms. In that sense, our real world nukes probably triumph over all mana bomb we've seen in WoW - possibly even the one used in Theramore, depends on how big Theramore was.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'd really like to see a citation with a source for that to be sure it wasn't random wanking, thank you very much. As far as I know, that isn't the case and hasn't been stated anywhere I've seen (I could have missed it, of course).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-06-22 at 04:50 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

That is more like a dirty bomb (which has low blast power but is used to spread dangerous material) than a nuke (huge blasting power with radioactivity as a side effect)
    So what you're saying is, the gnomes more or less invented gas bombs like we had in World War 1.
    Goblins and/or Blood Elves made it to World War 2 and invented nukes.
    I think thats a fitting description for both.

Ontopic: Nuking Argus wouldn't do us any good probably. Who knows what would happen if we actually destroyed the whole planet and shatter it into pieces; we would probably gain some fel contaminated areas if pieces of that broken world would enter the atmosphere of azeroth. Thats just a pretty silly theory from me though.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-06-22 at 04:27 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    So what you're saying is, the gnomes more or less invented gas bombs like we had in World War 1.
    Goblins and/or Blood Elves made it to World War 2 and invented nukes.
    I think thats a fitting description for both.

Ontopic: Nuking Argus wouldn't do us any good probably. Who knows what would happen if we actually destroyed the whole planet and shatter it into pieces; we would probably gain some fel contaminated areas if pieces of that broken world would enter the atmosphere of azeroth. Thats just a pretty silly theory from me though.
    How do I word this.
    Goblins do seem above gnomes in terms of technological.. advancement? But they are way below in technological aptitude.

Like, Goblins only ever think upward on biggest, baddest, gets the job done, so they'd be ahead in terms of capability.

Gnomes however, when they invent things they make sure to take precautionary steps, safety measures, sustainability, a lot more bureacratic. So they'd be behind, though still have developed a niche form of technology by utilizing the arcane.

Plus with the Goblins, they have an ally that fills the gaps of their magical ineptitude, the elves, hence the mana bomb. If Blizzard ever explores BEs and Goblins teaming up to produce WMDs it'd be interesting. The only interaction between the two is just comedic effect since they're literally opposites on every possible form.

Gnomes only ally in terms of being tech savvy is the Draenei. But that doesn't seem to get explored at all.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-06-22 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Gnomes only ally in terms of being tech savvy is the Draenei. But that doesn't seem to get explored at all.
    gnomish ingenuity and draenei magi-tech could be pretty fucking dangerous if blizz would actually explore more than one aspect of wow's lore at once.

their defense crystals in WoD were insane. gnomes could probably improve on that design, incorporate it into the alliance's airships.