Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Have fun convincing people to do that.

Even Trump voters love to SHOUT about wanting stuff made in America, but at the end of the day they're the Wal Mart demographic. The Trump voters are the consumers who have made China and Mexico what they are to America.
    I never said the average American wasnt a stupid idiot.

So much MAGA domination, our collective heads must be spinning. When he said 'jobs jobs jobs', he never specified where, apparently:

http://fox6now.com/2017/06/13/ge-clo...s-arent-happy/

10+ Year Old Account
    This is good.. for China of course..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Source please.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.642457272d36

Many Trump products are made over seas.

Implement tariffs and win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

You think a company will just eat the costs and not raise prices to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You think a company will just eat the costs and not raise prices to compensate?
    The idea behind it is that it becomes cheaper to produce it in the country with the tariff and the states is a large enough consumer to enforce that. Now if they will is a entirely different story. It would have a rather major side effects.

Deleted
    So, you want to punish the US consumers?

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea behind it is that it becomes cheaper to produce it in the country with the tariff and the states is a large enough consumer to enforce that. Now if they will is a entirely different story. It would have a rather major side effects.

So no matter what, it increases the cost to people on the bottom?

Many people don't have a choice and have to go the cheapest route. Imposing tariffs will do nothing but increase costs on the poor.

You want to start a another trade war? We have rules you know, why would china just accept tariffs?

But you know how smart the avg trump apologist is. lets look at the list of countries they want to start fighting with
    Mexico
    China
    Canada
    All 28 EU countries which I don't really want to write down

You know who is left after all of this? When you start picking fights with close allies the only one that is left are enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Many people don't have a choice and have to go the cheapest route. Imposing tariffs will do nothing but increase costs on the poor.
    Imposing tariffs do nothing unless the tarrifs are ment to prevent dumping of goods (like Chinese solar pannels) that are sold below the cost price.

This just means a trade war because this effects regular business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Have fun convincing people to do that.

Even Trump voters love to SHOUT about wanting stuff made in America, but at the end of the day they're the Wal Mart demographic. The Trump voters are the consumers who have made China and Mexico what they are to America.
    Are you suggesting that Democrats don't buy products made from China and Mexico?

- - - Updated - - -

Practically all cost increases are passed on to the consumer. Things like an increase in wage, material cost, transportation cost etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Are you suggesting that Democrats don't buy products made from China and Mexico?

http://www.businesspundit.com/heres-...y-demographic/

That doesn't state political affiliation my friend.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Practically all cost increases are passed on to the consumer. Things like an increase in wage, material cost, transportation cost etc.

So that makes it ok to make things more expesive? Not seeing the logic of your reply here.

If you are trying to point out the min wage myth, 2 thing.

1, wages make of a very small % of the cost of a product in many cases we are talking pennies per item.
    2, At no point in history has wage increases increased the cost of product.

Even right now. IF Mcd's were in instantly increase min wage to 15 an hour. They would only need in raise the cost of a burger 17 cents. Or about 4-5%

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't state political affiliation my friend.

So baby boomers are not primarily republican? Do you know US demographics?

Creates more poverty as well with the removal of work wages stagnate. It isn't a easy problem to solve. Long term I believe we are better off having less goods and have control of production rather then relying on foreign imports. I can see the drawbacks to that as well though. Like I said it isn't easy and no one knows for sure what to do about it.

So that makes it ok to make things more expesive? Not seeing the logic of your reply here.

If you are trying to point out the min wage myth, 2 thing.

1, wages make of a very small % of the cost of a product in many cases we are talking pennies per item.
    2, At no point in history has wage increases increased the cost of product.

Even right now. IF Mcd's were in instantly increase min wage to 15 an hour. They would only need in raise the cost of a burger 17 cents. Or about 4-5%

- - - Updated - - -

So baby boomers are not primarily republican? Do you know US demographics?
    An increase nevertheless, thank you for agreeing with me.

I don't know, are they? What percentage do you think is (R) and of those what economic bracket do they fall into?

10+ Year Old Account
    An increase nevertheless, thank you for agreeing with me.

I don't know, are they? What percentage do you think is (R) and of those what economic bracket do they fall into?

Yeah, not going to play this game. you can take you "i'm ignorant" act to someone else.

Yeah, not going to play this game. you can take you "i'm ignorant" act to someone else.
    If I don't know the answer I will admit it. I am not like the others on this forum. I don't let my epeen get in my way my friend.
    Now are you going to answer my questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I don't know the answer I will admit it. I am not like the others on this forum. I don't let my epeen get in my way my friend.
    Now are you going to answer my questions?

No, as I said. I'm not playing this game. If you are that ignorant you can look it up yourself or just don't comment in the first place.

No, as I said. I'm not playing this game. If you are that ignorant you can look it up yourself or just don't comment in the first place.
    No, you aren't going to answer my questions because you are letting your epeen get in the way. Just admit you can't and get it over with. We won't fault you for it.