Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    7.3 PTR can be expected very soon. But as for release...

November is too early - end of -January at earliest, but I'd say Q1-2018.
    We're almost in July now, the normal 6 month dev cycle will put us around Xmas - and that's when they have their traditional xmas vacation. They won't release anything before January.

They also have Blizzcon - so preparing for that will suck out some resources.
    oh i agree, November would the earliest I'd expect it... Jan is ok with me, though i suspect by then we will have 5+ threads a day about lack of content lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Did you do the pet battle dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Weekly events like timewalking etc.
    Weekly pvp brawls.
    Solo events like Mage Tower Challenge, Chromie Scenario, Withered Army Training scenario (with farmable rewards)
    Legion invasions including the scenario and the associated transmog weapons to farm
    Mythic+ dungeons drastically increasing relevance of dungeons content which in the past was outgeared and redundant very fast
    New dungeons added post-launch: Cathedral and Karazhan remake
    Micro Holidays
    Sentinax Farm, Nether Portals farm, Wyrmtongue chest farm, Nethershard gamble
    tons of pet battle content (new pets, achievements, 2 pet battle dungeons so far)
    World Bosses, including new ones added in 7.2
    pvp with new extras like prestige level rewards increasing incentives for casual pvp farm (before you'd farm only for rating or for full set of pvp gear then done, you could also pvp for fun but you still can)
    rare mounts to farm
    Class hall campaigns for 12 classes
    Order Hall follower "mini-game" with the mission table
    Updates to some old recurring events, like the new Blight Boar coming to DMF
    Profession questlines including archeology
    Addition of wardrobe finally allowing transmog farmers to not be limited by bank space
    Curious coin farming
    Artifact progression and bonus skins to obtain
    Legendary farming
    And probably some other stuff I don't remember now.

Btw, I'm not gonna rate any of the above content whether I like it or not, whether I participate in it or not, or whether I think it should be implemented in a different manner, just pointing content that "isn't raids or world quests". Several of the above types of content existed in previous expansions, but never so big of a variety of different content. Many expansions had "dailies", "dungeons", "pvp" and "stuff to farm" but the amount and variety differed.

I also included only content you're intended to do by the devs by putting rewards for them, and / or ui elements encouraging people to check them out.

And yeah I know 99% of forums users are like "content I don't like = not a content". Sigh.

The heck you were doing in previous expansions anyway?
    I was gonna refute every single one of your points, but im too lazy, btw, TW dungeons are useless, nethershard farming is also useless, by the time you managed to make even 5k you could have already farm mythic dungeons, i cant even fucking believe you are calling scenarios content, the rest is also bullshit, archeology?? really?? the class campaign was terrible and a way to force people to do dungeons, "legendary farming" kek, artifact progression, kek you mean the progression that is made obsolete once 1 of your chars reach AK 40 and can send a tome to his alts?, rare mounts to farm, like, we havent being doing that on previous expansion, nope, only on Legion people started doing that, world boses who were made useless by mythic farming and werent even updated to compete with BS WB, ah, the micro holidays that dont even provide a single reward, curious coin farming, now i know you are trolling me and i even surprised you didnt put artifact power farming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I was gonna refute every single one of your points, but im too lazy, btw, TW dungeons are useless, nethershard farming is also useless, by the time you managed to make even 5k you could have already farm mythic dungeons, i cant even fucking believe you are calling scenarios content, the rest is also bullshit, archeology?? really?? the class campaign was terrible and a way to force people to do dungeons, "legendary farming" kek, artifact progression, kek you made the progression that is made obsolete once 1 of your chars reach AK 40 and can send a tome to his alts?, rare mounts to farm, like, we havent being doing that on previous expansion, nope, only on Legion people started doing that, world boses who were made useless by mythic farming and werent even updated to compete with BS WB, ah, the micro holidays that dont even provide a single reward, curious coin farming, now i know you are trolling me
    Dude, Curious Coin farming is actual content. He is right. Lol.

I´m dumbfounded by the amount of people who consider perpetuating the same old launch content by upping the rewards to mean that the content load is higher than before. WoD had the same amount of content, if not more, by the time it had been around for 10 months - indeed, Tanaan Jungle was full of people at that time and there surely was not a lack of new world content to do at this time. WoD had its second tier come out in 8 months after launch. Right now we have no right to say that Legion has had more content than WoD. The only thing Legion has more is RNG - which means players take more time to get what they want. By 10 months, WoD was doing quite fine actually. It is from here on out that the real test of Legion begins. So far what we can tell for certain is that they release the same amount of content but in smaller batches which creates the illusion that there is constant stream of new stuff to do. But take a look at 7.2 and 7.2.5 and you will see that the only QUALITY content in those patches was the raid (which has pretty much always been good). The holiday events would have been nice if they were not ... holiday events. Same goes for the PvP Brawls. It is almost as if they want to make certain type of people resubscribe to the game more often just to take part in those cool events, meaning more income to Blizzard.

Legion is having a huge world content drought currently. People are still doing the same old stuff they were doing 8 months ago because there are no novelties, no new things to do. So M+ grind and world quest grind will have to suffice till the next expansion (and maybe it will even continue then). All aboard the RNG treadmill!
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-06-22 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Raids are the game. If you can't handle that, leave and go play pokemon go or whatever other facebook game catches your attention
    Lol, implying that I want the game to be more like a shitty Facebook game when that's the direction WoW is and has been going in for quite some time. I want the opposite, you know, an actual MMORPG. Soon the game will be nothing more than a lobby based instance grinding simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    WoW, when friend based 10 man guild could clear highest difficulty (in MoP for example) was best wow.
    Well raid size or difficulty tweaks do not affect the "but I don't wanna raid" part of playerbase, I'm just baffled how they can claim wow used to be better in ye olde days and took some "bad turn" later when the earliest days on wow concentrated on raid patches, and any non-raid content was either pvp or "grind stuff".

There was very little challenging solo-player content except for mostly self-imposed challenges (iron man levelling, soloing dungeons or raids as close to current as possible, etc.), and challenging small-group content exists, it's called mythic+.

"Fun" is subjective, sometimes I wonder, Blizzard tried to branch out and add random stuff from micro holidays & pet pattles through brawls to lots of different content awarding loot, and people are constantly "not fun, not fun, not fun either". Should they just have not bothered and stick to the old formula raid / pvp / dailies / dungeons, which wow was since vanilla (well dailies since TBC, same with arenas).

I can understand your point - you liked wow more when raids had different format. But I can't understand people claiming "I never raided but wow had more content in the past", even though the history of wow is that patches were always raid-centric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Did you clear it on HC? And yes last boss does take a while, on Mythic.
    It is same content.

LFR = tourist mode, Normal = easy mode, Mythic = old normal mode crossed over with a bit of old hard modes.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Killing the same bosses on different difficulties is "content" now ?
    The fights are different, so to degree yes. Mythic is unlike any of the other difficulties strategy wise. A lot more coordination involved to tackle the new mechanics. Not really playing anymore, but Kil'Jaiden probably has a unique phase as well on Mythic.

Deleted
    Other difficulties is not more "content". They should scrap some modes and focus on releasing more content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Clearing normal is nothing to be proud of, honestly heroic isn't that hard either. Just because you don't want to do mythic, doesn't mean there isn't content. Mythic will satisfy a lot of people for a while starting next week.
    People should finaly undsetand that harder difficulty isnt new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Killing the same bosses on different difficulties is "content" now ?
    The difference between normal to heroic to mythic is like watching a movie with the sound off with an obstructed view and saying you have seen the film. Sure you got some of it, but not the full version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    Other difficulties is not more "content". They should scrap some modes and focus on releasing more content.
    Multiple difficulties aren't meant for the same people to do all of them. It is to allow people to see more of the game. Plenty of people can't or wont ever raid mythic for example, so they have 3 other options.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I can understand your point - you liked wow more when raids had different format.
    Back in the days I have a feeling I can play Wow w/e I want even though in had less content. Now everything feels forced by Blizzard designers.

There was very little challenging solo-player content
    Just like in Legion. Solo content - doing cheesy stuff, collecting shit, pet battles etc. All that things people can do without being serious.

To be completely honest, if normal is meant for the majority of the player-base, doesn't it hold true then that Blizzard is actually doing it wrong? If casuals make up the majority of the playerbase (in any game) content droughts for them would be very detrimental, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The difference between normal to heroic to mythic is like watching a movie with the sound off with an obstructed view and saying you have seen the film. Sure you got some of it, but not the full version.

Multiple difficulties aren't meant for the same people to do all of them. It is to allow people to see more of the game. Plenty of people can't or wont ever raid mythic for example, so they have 3 other options.
    Yea, but this further drives home my point. Heroic/Mythic aren't meant for casuals...

congrats on your 9/9 mythic with all legendaries, 3 maxed artifact weapons
    your rank1 gladiator title and 960 ilvl

I was gonna refute every single one of your points, but im too lazy, btw, TW dungeons are useless, nethershard farming is also useless, by the time you managed to make even 5k you could have already farm mythic dungeons, i cant even fucking believe you are calling scenarios content, the rest is also bullshit, archeology?? really?? the class campaign was terrible and a way to force people to do dungeons, "legendary farming" kek, artifact progression, kek you mean the progression that is made obsolete once 1 of your chars reach AK 40 and can send a tome to his alts?, rare mounts to farm, like, we havent being doing that on previous expansion, nope, only on Legion people started doing that, world boses who were made useless by mythic farming and werent even updated to compete with BS WB, ah, the micro holidays that dont even provide a single reward, curious coin farming, now i know you are trolling me and i even surprised you didnt put artifact power farming
    Sounds like you need a new game. If you don't like any of that stuff there isn't much else left for you. WB bosses tied to one tier always become obsolete with new stuff being added. One of the strengths of Legion is you can do multiple things at once, so you can farm rep, nethershards, ap and gear all at once via Legion invassions for example. There are very few parts of the game right now that don't reward you twice for doing it.

You know, people MIGHT do those things because they LIKE IT?*Heavy Breath*

Not everything needs to be gear progression relevant in order to be content, people can set their goals to whatever they choose:
    Want to complete Mythic?
    Go on, cap all characters?Not a problem
    Get all transmogs?Better start doing old raids.

If one has no desire in doing 'X' content, its their choice and you have no right to tell their content is irrelevant, because guess what, for a Pet Battler or a PvP, Mythic or any type of Raid means jack and will continue to do so until they offer something usefull for their playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    7.3 PTR can be expected very soon. But as for release...

November is too early - end of -January at earliest, but I'd say Q1-2018.
    We're almost in July now, the normal 6 month dev cycle will put us around Xmas - and that's when they have their traditional xmas vacation. They won't release anything before January.

They also have Blizzcon - so preparing for that will suck out some resources.
    6 month cycle is for raids. I expect 7.3 to come live in late august/early september, 7.3.5 with raid however not sooner than december.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    congrats on your 9/9 mythic with all legendaries, 3 maxed artifact weapons
    your rank1 gladiator title and 960 ilvl
    Hahah. By that logic one can never run out of content to do because running out of content means BEATING THE RNG GOD.
    Different people are after different things in this game. So each segment of the playerbase runs out of content at a different time.

People who like world content are bored right now, that´s the crux of the issue. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    To be completely honest, if normal is meant for the majority of the player-base, doesn't it hold true then that Blizzard is actually doing it wrong? If casuals make up the majority of the playerbase (in any game) content droughts for them would be very detrimental, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but this further drives home my point. Heroic/Mythic aren't meant for casuals...
    No they aren't meant for lower skilled players, you could play once a week and easily do mythic. What is the problem with all content not being for everybody? Pet battles certainly isn't for me, that doesn't mean they should remove it. There is more then one way to play the game, that is a good thing.