Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Have to agree with the post above me, i actually really like the idea. It would make sense and it wouldn't be the same old "villain uses something to control the oceans"-thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ungoro gets flooded apparently so maybe they'll touch on that in the future. And even if they didn't it's a fantasy world so I don't expect real life physics to come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Especially with the datamined stuff hidden away in 7.2.5 suggesting Un'goro gets flooded, I mean it seems pretty clear where the story is going.
    Great lets ruin ungoro just like 1k needles

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Great lets ruin ungoro just like 1k needles

Old thousand needles was boring as hell except for the Magatha chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    After seeing the latest cinematic my friend noticed that the proximity of Argus would have a strong effect on Azeroth's oceanic current. This immediately lead me to postulate that this exact event might have been orchestrated by the Old Gods, much as the War of the Ancients had been, and specifically for the benefit of N'Zoth. As his alleged sister stated:

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Whether Illidan's reckless actions will affect Azeroth's seas as subtly as changing the strength of the tide, or as directly as tidal waves reshaping continents and unearthing ancient kingdoms lost in the first Sundering, either could benefit Nazjatar and set the stage for them to lay claim to the kingdoms of the land-dwellers as well as free N'Zoth form the chains of the Titans.
    Great pick on the Argus disrupting the tides. It works great symbolically if not literally. Something about what we are doing with the pillars will speed nzoths freedom.

Thematically i love the idea that we accidentally did it unknowingly and there wasn't much way to avoid it.

To those saying it's just a portal.... It's more like a giant fucking tear in reality. The "portal" was planet sized and beyond huge.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd give a kidney, my ovaries, and a lung to get another world revamp.

time to bring this shit into 2017.
    Yaasss. I think there will be plenty of new unique zones with all the islands and naga cities, but I think it is past time they put maybe an independent team together to start picking zones and updating the geography and story one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Ugh. Please no.

Not only would that mean an Azshara expansion, but a repeat of Cataclysm's world revamp & another Vashj'ir debacle.
    An Azshara expansion is something i personally, as well as a substantial part of wow's fanbase, have been wanting literally since wow came out. And Vashj'ir was the single greatest zone Blizz ever created, technical problems for melee combat be damned! Those can be fixed, but nothing can imitate the submarine splendour that is Vashj'ir. I hope to hell an Azshara expansion would be teeming with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    An Azshara expansion is something i personally, as well as a substantial part of wow's fanbase, have been wanting literally since wow came out. And Vashj'ir was the single greatest zone Blizz ever created, technical problems for melee combat be damned! Those can be fixed, but nothing can imitate the submarine splendour that is Vashj'ir. I hope to hell an Azshara expansion would be teeming with those.
    Do you trust Blizzard to fix the technical problems that melee face? I don't, they've proven themselves to be completely incompetent time and time again. Submarine meme combat isn't worth suffering from it.

Also Azshara is a flat villain and dreadfully boring.

Argus shifting the water levels on Azeroth would solve a lot of the problems with a South Seas expansion. For example, Naz'jatar is currently in a weird place, as under the ocean in the maelstrom is a pretty impractical place to host an expansion. But Argus looming over the Maelstrom could mean that water would shift, dropping the water level over the maelstrom by a few hundred feet. So that you would have a big chunk of Naz'jatar now exposed while the maelstrom surges on at its shores, and the Shaman class hall would still be there too. Water levels dropping like that makes the South Seas islands much larger, each with formerly underwater portions exposed. A significant chunk of Zandalar is known to have sunken under the ocean because of the sundering and the cataclysm, those would be exposed too. Didn't we also see a row of Titan facilities under the sea adjacent the maelstrom in the Priest mount quest?

What if instead of raising the tides, Illidan's recklessness has some lasting concequences, and one of the moons is obliterated by the massive Legion force that's right next to us? Lower the tides and unearth night elven/naga ruins. Plus, the night elves would be PISSED, and could probably spark newfound xenophobia that we knew them for, maybe even kick off the racial campaigns people want.

would it stop gravity?
    It wouldn't have to. Everything in the universe is constantly feeling the gravitation of every other thing.

Deleted
    "Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Argus, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Azshara is a flat villain and dreadfully boring.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm confident can flesh out her story and make us more sympathetic to her power struggle. As Blizzard has taken a serious turn towards embracing moral ambiguity this expansion I'm also confident they'll give her the same treatment. I could see something like a Cersei Lannister character where it's hard to feel bad for someone born in privilege but maybe there are redeeming elements of Azshara's past, upbringing or society that have yet to be revealed (written)?

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    What if instead of raising the tides, Illidan's recklessness has some lasting concequences, and one of the moons is obliterated by the massive Legion force that's right next to us? Lower the tides and unearth night elven/naga ruins. Plus, the night elves would be PISSED, and could probably spark newfound xenophobia that we knew them for, maybe even kick off the racial campaigns people want.
    Yeah that's a cool thought. I'm not sure how you're drawing the xenophobia conclusion though; Illidan's a nelf (Super Satyr?).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I've got to thinking and I REALLY hope we get to Argus by flying through the portal in gnomish/goblin rocket ships.
    That'd be amazing, but ya know it's just gonna be a Khadgar portal.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm confident can flesh out her story and make us more sympathetic to her power struggle. As Blizzard has taken a serious turn towards embracing moral ambiguity this expansion I'm also confident they'll give her the same treatment. I could see something like a Cersei Lannister character where it's hard to feel bad for someone born in privilege but maybe there are redeeming elements of Azshara's past, upbringing or society that have yet to be revealed (written)?

Yeah that's a cool thought. I'm not sure how you're drawing the xenophobia conclusion though; Illidan's a nelf (Super Satyr?).
    You really need a refresher of lore if you think Nelves aren't xenophobic and Illidan is a representative of Nelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    After seeing the latest cinematic my friend noticed that the proximity of Argus would have a strong effect on Azeroth's oceanic current. This immediately lead me to postulate that this exact event might have been orchestrated by the Old Gods, much as the War of the Ancients had been, and specifically for the benefit of N'Zoth. As his alleged sister stated:

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Whether Illidan's reckless actions will affect Azeroth's seas as subtly as changing the strength of the tide, or as directly as tidal waves reshaping continents and unearthing ancient kingdoms lost in the first Sundering, either could benefit Nazjatar and set the stage for them to lay claim to the kingdoms of the land-dwellers as well as free N'Zoth form the chains of the Titans.
    Did your friend take into accond that it's just a portal being open and Argus is still where it has always been, and would not have an "impact" on the oceans?

10+ Year Old Account
    After how awful and generic KJ's death was, I think it'd be better if they just left Azshara as a flat cunt.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah we really need another revamp, this time including Wrath and Cataclysm and Pandaria zones. Tie it into making everything scaleable and see another golden age dawn on a 13 year old game.
    Can we include Outland in this shit? I mean, even if it's just to fix the weird ass stats that still remain on the loot from there? But seeing as how now we know that "Illidan was totes a good guy all along!" it would kind of change the story in Outland a bit right?

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    Can we include Outland in this shit? I mean, even if it's just to fix the weird ass stats that still remain on the loot from there? But seeing as how now we know that "Illidan was totes a good guy all along!" it would kind of change the story in Outland a bit right?
    I'm fine with that. I was going with just Azeroth zones for consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You really need a refresher of lore if you think Nelves aren't xenophobic and Illidan is a representative of Nelves.
    I was inquiring how Illidan's move would stir "newfound xenophobia" is Illidan is from their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Did your friend take into accond that it's just a portal being open and Argus is still where it has always been, and would not have an "impact" on the oceans?
    It's not even clear that this is a portal, that it plays by normal portal rules, or that normal portal rules negate gravity anyway. That's a very specific conclusion.

After how awful and generic KJ's death was, I think it'd be better if they just left Azshara as a flat cunt.
    Are you going to be mad that they aren't enriching her story or are you going to be mad that they are? ^_^ I don't see how Blizzard can win with you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you going to be mad that they aren't enriching her story or are you going to be mad that they are? ^_^ I don't see how Blizzard can win with you.
    There are more ways to enrich a flat-character than just the tired "there was no other choice, I was doing the wrong thing for the right reasons!" They can't write well enough to pull it off, and they've tried falling back on it too much.

If the two worlds weren't gravitationally isolated from one another, odd tides would be the least of our problems as close as they are.