Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/places/wi/
    its not called the windy city because lake michigan, all the politicians blow hot air :3
    Yep. 8 years of hot air really didn't help the country as a whole. Glad that moron is finally out of the WH.

People just liked him because he was an expert liar and always just told the media and people what they wanted to hear, and he was also charismatic (a number of world dictators have also had similar traits). Also he increased taxes and the welfare state to astronomical levels under his tenure, not to mention doubling the national debt.

Illinois is incapable of producing an honest politician as far as i'm concerned and its not a surprise that the state is facing financial troubles. But hey! Raising state taxes to 90% will fix all our problem! amirite?!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well of course "business friendliness" goes up when you destroy workers rights. You can get away with doing more of whatever the hell you want with no recourse. Not exactly a positive.
    and just because all those rights are gone doesn't mean they will be endlessly taken advantage of

There is a middle ground you know

and just because all those rights are gone doesn't mean they will be endlessly taken advantage of

There is a middle ground you know
    Right to work states' histories prove otherwise.

There's a thread right now going on about how somebody in Arizona isn't guaranteed a break or lunch in a 10 hour shift. That's a fucking joke. And why is that possible? There's no union. Because when you leave it up to, "Oh well there's a middle ground, surely businesses wouldn't be so heartless!" they always are. Every single time.

I don't think unions are infallible or without quite a few problems, but I'll take two problematic groups opposing one another versus one with a monopoly on the topic, and on the side against workers.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Wisconsin wouldn't want Chicago with all of its shootings.
    According to the map and description, the part of Chicago with all the shootings would end up in Indiana...which is where most of the guns involved in the shootings come from anyway, so it's appropriate...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This has happened in smaller municipalities before but it'd be pretty amazing to see it happen to an entire state. Perhaps Puerto Rico can be a state after all.
    The article is mostly satirical. He's not really proposing to break up the state.

Right to work states' histories prove otherwise.

There's a thread right now going on about how somebody in Arizona isn't guaranteed a break or lunch in a 10 hour shift. That's a fucking joke. And why is that possible? There's no union. Because when you leave it up to, "Oh well there's a middle ground, surely businesses wouldn't be so heartless!" they always are. Every single time.

I don't think unions are infallible or without quite a few problems, but I'll take two problematic groups opposing one another versus one with a monopoly on the topic, and on the side against workers.
    I'd actually take the power monopoly of power for the business, because at least there's a business.

A union monopoly destroys the business (Detroit) so now there are no jobs.

Right to work is basically just a law saying you can't be forced into a union/pay union dues, you can still join them if you want, but compulsory ones were broken up.

At least that's how my family explained it to me when they were complaining about losing their unions (police)
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2017-06-22 at 10:14 PM.

As an Illinoisan:

Fuck off.

Try to find a less biased article next time. The article doesn't even mention the joke that is Bruce Rauner and how he's refusing and blocking everything the general assembly wants to do. He's a horribly anti-union asshole and is effectively trying to Donald Trump Illinois.
    Well the article is from the Tribune, which has leaned towards conservative for as long as I can remember... hence the bias...

And yes, Rauner is a joke. He speaks "southern Illinois twang" when he wants support from the rural parts of the state, and then speaks "proper English" when he wants support from the cities...

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Wisconsin wouldn't want Chicago with all of its shootings.
    Chicago doesn't want leadership like Milwaukee has. At least Chicago has nice part, right now Milwaukee and its neighboring communities are just overrun with crime.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Time to buy the shit out of Illinois bonds

I'd actually take the monopoly of power for the business, because at least there's a business.

A union monopoly destroys the business (Detroit) so now there are no jobs.

Right to work is basically just a law saying you can't be forced into a union/pay union dues, you can still join them if you want, but compulsory ones were broken up.

At least that's how my family explained it to me when they were complaining about losing their unions (police)
    What even is a 'union monopoly?' That sounds like a buzz phrase anti-union people came up with.

Also, no, Detroit didn't become the way it did because of unions. The automotive industry collapsed.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 10:16 PM.

Don't give Wisconsin Chicago please, the state has been doing AMAZING economically since disbanding the monopoly unions and lowering taxes under Scott Walker
    If you are to believe the satirical article, Wisconsin would get the north side of Chicago, which is actually doing very well economically. Most of the affluent suburbs are also north and west of the city, which Wisconsin would get as well... it'd actually be great for Wisconsin if that were to happen.

Don't let your lack of knowledge cause you to miss out on such a great opportunity for your state!

Deleted
    Illinois is Illi...not noice?

What even is a 'union monopoly?' That sounds like a buzz phrase anti-union people came up with.

Also, no, Detroit didn't become the way it did because of unions.
    Power monopoly***

basically making the business their bitch

mistyped

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    100% not true, but thanks for playing low post count guy from Denver.
    Lurker for over a year m8

Also born in Trevor /wave

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Well the article is from the Tribune, which has leaned towards conservative for as long as I can remember... hence the bias...

And yes, Rauner is a joke. He speaks "southern Illinois twang" when he wants support from the rural parts of the state, and then speaks "proper English" when he wants support from the cities...
    Yeah he's a total fraud. Which is funny when people talk about how bad Illinois politicians are. They're always talking about Democrats. When the shitshow encompasses everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Chicago doesn't want leadership like Milwaukee has. At least Chicago has nice part, right now Milwaukee and its neighboring communities are just overrun with crime.
    Yeah Milwaukee made the list as the 6th worst city to live in (in the US):

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...es-to-live-in/

Power monopoly***

basically making the business their bitch

mistyped
    I still...I've never heard this phrase a single time until now. Also which union is making "businesses their bitch?" Because that sounds like a sweet gig.

If you are to believe the satirical article, Wisconsin would get the north side of Chicago, which is actually doing very well economically. Most of the affluent suburbs are also north and west of the city, which Wisconsin would get as well... it'd actually be great for Wisconsin if that were to happen.

Don't let your lack of knowledge cause you to miss out on such a great opportunity for your state!
    The problem would be in who runs New Chicago, if they get the same brand of leadership Milwaukee has, New Chicago will look like the current southside in no time.

Yeah he's a total fraud. Which is funny when people talk about how bad Illinois politicians are. They're always talking about Democrats. When the shitshow encompasses everybody.
    Yep both Democrat and Republican politicians have gone to jail in Illinois!

Yeah Milwaukee made the list as the 6th worst city to live in (in the US):

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...es-to-live-in/
    Yeh I avoid that town like the plague, 5 years ago and before I would go 3-5 times a year to eat out or see a show, now? Fuck no! I dont get off the freeway for anything in Milwaukee.

Yep both Democrat and Republican politicians have gone to jail in Illinois!
    I mean the literal last two governors (Not counting Rauner) before Quinn were opposite parties and went to prison lol.

Ryan and Blago.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh I avoid that town like the plague, 5 years ago and before I would go 3-5 times a year to eat out or see a show, now? Fuck no! I dont get off the freeway for anything in Milwaukee.
    was at the state fair last year to see my cousin sing

Holy hell it was tense with the riots the night before