Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    SS reduces the gcd.
    Hmm then I'm really curious what is good for RDM, I still feel like the class spends a fair amount of time doing abilities with no cast time or is in melee using a few abilities which spell speed wouldn't help.

15+ Year Old Account
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is that per gear or inky allowed 1 in general
    You can have 6's in all of your slots and one advanced slot (if the item allows advanced melding), per item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hmm then I'm really curious what is good for RDM, I still feel like the class spends a fair amount of time doing abilities with no cast time or is in melee using a few abilities which spell speed wouldn't help.
    Crit then direct hit most likely. SS is last in priority. Still waiting on solid numbers afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back into the game tonight, played for the first time in like a year, and I think I'm loving the RDM. I was expecting to fall in love with SAM but idk...not really feeling the play style. Maybe I just need to give it more time. RDM is cool, though. Love the transition to melee. Quite flashy.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-06-23 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Crit then direct hit most likely. SS is last in priority. Still waiting on solid numbers afaik.
    Sounds good to me. Crit all day, direct hit when you can't do crit and I'd guess determination as the final one if you can't get the first two.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly depends on the exact formula for a direct hit.

It reminds me a lot of Multi Strike from WoD, and much like Multi Strike direct hit procs can crit. However I think it's a safe bet to do crit>direct hit for the time being, I will def be trying to do my own numbers on it because I've been very curious about how direct hit will perform.

Same goes for tenacity for tanks. *COUGH* *COUGH* VERSATILITY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lol not talking about susano
    Quoted the wrong one, I meant to quote the guy who said that Trial1 was more difficult/intense.

65 now. No rush. Slow and steady. Should probably stop chasing Lalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    All of your reactions are extremely knee jerk and surface deep. No class is without fault, so seriously just think through and actually look at the abilities and use case instead of just these knee jerk reactions. It's not helpful to you or anyone with this silly 'discussion' if you can call it that that started out as just MP regen.
    I've been playing the SCH for about a week since the Early Access now, and I'm at level 70. I also played it for around 6 months or so at 60 before Stormblood, completing most of the raiding content in the expansion. Which credentials am I missing before I'm allowed to have an opinion on changes that affect me?

MP regen is the least of the jobs issues right now, all of the other healing jobs have been, well, expanded upon this expansion. The SCH has regressed to being level synced for Halatali - You're back to two DoTs, Ruin and Physick. It creates an awful play experience going forwards for a job that was much more. Potency numbers and MP costs can be patched easily enough, but buffing interesting mechanics back into one takes far longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    MP regen is the least of the jobs issues right now, all of the other healing jobs have been, well, expanded upon this expansion. The SCH has regressed to being level synced for Halatali - You're back to two DoTs, Ruin and Physick. It creates an awful play experience going forwards for a job that was much more. Potency numbers and MP costs can be patched easily enough, but buffing interesting mechanics back into one takes far longer.
    So you basically do the same as a WHM. 2 DoTs and a castable nuke spell?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I've been playing the SCH for about a week since the Early Access now, and I'm at level 70. I also played it for around 6 months or so at 60 before Stormblood, completing most of the raiding content in the expansion. Which credentials am I missing before I'm allowed to have an opinion on changes that affect me?

I found SCH to be really boring so far in SB. I had a lot of fun with it in ARR and HW despite some of the changes that have happened to the job from the various points I played it. But I'm inclined to agree with you. 2 dots and one nuke is hella boring. It was a lot of fun putting out 3 dots, bane, aeroing targets, throwing out a swiftcast shadowflare and hell even being in melee to instant aoe miasma. Now it is mostly broil spamming which is just so terrible for the MP cost. Even worse is that SCH gets hella punished for movement if a tank takes mobs out of the shadowflare as we can't recast it anymore.

I can't speak as to what the spec does in serious raiding but for the content I do I find it too boring to bother with right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So you basically do the same as a WHM. 2 DoTs and a castable nuke spell?
    I mean WHM hasn't changed that much in the nuking department from what it was in HW. However SCH changed quite a ton and it wasn't a great change either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    It honestly depends on the exact formula for a direct hit.

It reminds me a lot of Multi Strike from WoD, and much like Multi Strike direct hit procs can crit. However I think it's a safe bet to do crit>direct hit for the time being, I will def be trying to do my own numbers on it because I've been very curious about how direct hit will perform.

Same goes for tenacity for tanks. *COUGH* *COUGH* VERSATILITY.
    Still a damn sight better than Parry. Least it's worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like underwater gathering, no mobs anywhere so can just mine in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still a damn sight better than Parry. Least it's worthwhile.
    You know you liked it when half of tank gear had Parry in it.

Crit got nerfed and det got buffed. I wonder how that will work out.

I'm gemmin mostly crit on my rdm but I feel like it's such a small % increase... I think I'm gonna compare a full SS, full Crit, Full det etc on a dummy and see the dps difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Also OH MY GOD people are so bad in the party finder... they claim having cleared X dungeon several times but they can't even do a strat properly.

By the way, Lakshimi EX is easier than Susano ex, mechanic wise imo. But she requires more dps it seems. Or maybe the fact that the other dps were below the tank didn't help...

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I like underwater gathering, no mobs anywhere so can just mine in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

You know you liked it when half of tank gear had Parry in it.
    Never actually played a tank until now when I boosted DRK. But seeing their Alex Weapon have SKS-Parry man I felt sorry for them.

I still need to improve with DRK personally. I'm not going into instances until I know what I'm doing. As I will with any future jobs I boost when they allow us to do so again. I think I need to get a bit better at managing Dark Arts and using Blood Weapon efficiently.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Crit got nerfed and det got buffed. I wonder how that will work out.

I'm gemmin mostly crit on my rdm but I feel like it's such a small % increase... I think I'm gonna compare a full SS, full Crit, Full det etc on a dummy and see the dps difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Also OH MY GOD people are so bad in the party finder... they claim having cleared X dungeon several times but they can't even do a strat properly.

By the way, Lakshimi EX is easier than Susano ex, mechanic wise imo. But she requires more dps it seems. Or maybe the fact that the other dps were below the tank didn't help...
    Oh damn it's the first week the expansion is out, everyone should know their rotations and play like world first gods and know tacts for everything perfectly so that they can do 150% of their max dps!111!£!!!111

/Sarcasm

FF xiv players might be talking trash about the wow community but they are no better most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Oh damn it's the first week the expansion is out, everyone should know their rotations and play like world first gods and know tacts for everything perfectly so that they can do 150% of their max dps!111!£!!!111

/Sarcasm

FF xiv players might be talking trash about the wow community but they are no better most of the time.
    That wasn't what was said at all though.

What was said in what you quoted was that parties who claim to know what they are doing and instead of doing so consistently mess up and waste everyone's time is a pain in the ass. Especially when it's a "no bonus" party and yet the leader has a bonus.

It's not elitism to expect party members to know what to do if they are intending to farm something they claimed to have cleared before. It's common sense. Also people already have Susano and Lakshmi on farm so there are parties who will be expecting smooth runs.

If you say "no bonus" for a group in FF14 or "Curve" in WoW then you better bloody know the tactics because I go into farm runs expecting a near smooth clear. Sure there may be a mess up every now and then but farm groups imply you know what you are doing otherwise you wouldn't be farming it.

Also please amount of spewing about both games is horrendous. I've seen WoW players trashtalk other MMOs as well. It's not unique to FF14 and it's seen in a load of MMOs. So don't even try to turn this thread into some game vs game nonsense.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience so far as a healer in SB:

Say you wanted to nail something (such as clearing a dungeon/trial), so, you decide to get a hammer.

Then comes the tank and scares you, promptly dropping your hammer on your foot and fall down the stairs.

The tank begins to laugh and becomes all blue, while the DPS have been sitting a few meters (foot?) away from the two of you, licking their lollypops and asking when you are done nailing.

And all you can think of, is to ask Yoshi-P to create an emote, "/seppuku", as it is in game viewed as "The command /seppuku does not exist."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Just got back into the game tonight, played for the first time in like a year, and I think I'm loving the RDM. I was expecting to fall in love with SAM but idk...not really feeling the play style. Maybe I just need to give it more time. RDM is cool, though. Love the transition to melee. Quite flashy.
    SAM is fun and it really kicks into gear once you hit 62 especially if you are hitting your positionals.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-23 at 01:45 PM.

Can I ask anyone still having issues with the DX11 Client on PC? Only setting that works normally and lets me tab out properly is Windowed but I hate Windowed mode.