Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Are you saying second hand smoke is safe?
    No, how did you come up with that?
    You didn't answer my question. Let me rephrase it:
    What has tobacco to do with weed?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I've actually had lung cancer (genetic), and I don't even care very much. Smokers already jump through a million hoops and invariably end up smoking in specific locations among other smokers these days. It's not hard to avoid them.
    Bullshit, it's impossible to avoid them. They'll be on the street, your busstop, they'll sit close to you on public transport and they'll flock around doors to buildings you have to enter.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's the only reason.

Also I believe if people enjoy it because people are weird af like that then they should be entitled to do it in their own personal space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    How not? It's as simple as passing a law going "Smoking is now illegal to do, sell, possess, etc."

The reason it isn't banned is because of money, simple as that. $25 billion is brought in each year on in the US off of tobacco.
    Yeah I know don't if you've noticed, but that hasn't worked particularly well with drugs or alcohol. Smoking is the same issue, too much demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah sure, because we all collect the taxes personally, don't we?

I don't care if you stick to your loathsome, disgusting habit as long as you keep it away from me.
    Pretty sure you reap the benefits of the tax money. And I do keep it away from others. It's not that hard to be polite.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Pretty sure you reap the benefits of the tax money. And I do keep it away from others. It's not that hard to be polite.
    you've fallen into the classic smoker trap that every.single.smoker falls into. You think, check that you're deluding yourself into thinking you're not bothering people with your deadly habit. You fucking are, believe it.

7+ Year Old Account
    As has been mentioned, tobacco products generate a shit load of tax revenue. That's the most obvious reason. And while it certainly is within the scope of government to protect people from the actions of others, it is not within their purview to protect people from themselves. It's perfectly reasonable to ban smoking in public places. It's unacceptable to ban smoking altogether, as what someone does in the privacy of their own home, as long as it affects no one else directly, is none of anyone else's business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Bullshit, it's impossible to avoid them. They'll be on the street, your busstop, they'll sit close to you on public transport and they'll flock around doors to buildings you have to enter.
    Read the rest of my post.

At least where I'm from there are strict as fuck regulations that are enforced. Smokers here already have very few places they can go to smoke. Regulating it is the way, not banning it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Tobbaco companies lobbying.

Tbh smoking is the worst and should be banned. It is actually incentivated by normal working companies aswell because they let workers get smoking breaks. If you don't smoke... you get no break and will be acused of slacking. Therefore, smoking, just like drinking is actively rewarded. It's one of the most revolting things.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-23 at 04:24 PM.

you've fallen into the classic smoker trap that every.single.smoker falls into. You think, check that you're deluding yourself into thinking you're not bothering people with your deadly habit. You fucking are, believe it.
    Where? Is there a stream of people parading through my truck and back yard?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right, because you know exactly how, when, and where Jimson smokes his tobacco?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I think it will be gradually. The Tobacco industry was involved in a major court battle a little while back which they ultimately lost. Numerous other things will have added to that as well, such as they banned smoking in cars with children under 18, banned in public places and so on. More and more people are seeing it as a negative or "disgusting habit" compared to decades ago as a social occurrence.
    Eventually all packets of cigarettes will be brandless, covered in health warnings and slapped with really massive charges with standardised packs to overall discourage the indulgence of smoking. This will be applied globally. And probably because of it, people will either give up and no-one will really be drawn to it.

It's also competition of the Vaping industry that will help slow it down. It's not been actively encouraged but it generally has less health risks and medical ramifications to the users and others exposed to it through "second-hand smoke". And well, it will soon be cheaper too if the way of taxes and price ram-ups on cigarettes keeping going.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-23 at 04:29 PM.

Where? Is there a stream of people parading through my truck and back yard?
    Never leave your dwelling? Never go into a public space at all? Never meet another person? Every person you ever met, knows you smoke, because you make them ill by being near them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a smoker, you're a weakwilled shit human that doesn't give a fuck that he's ruining other people's day and contributing to a plethora of physical ailments in the general public.
    Pretty arrogant argumentation there, to say the least.

I hope you don't have much of a carbon footprint...
    Because I am pretty sure, you are just as guilty for hurting, or outright killing other people with your daily needs and wants.

I'm a non-smoker. I'm just not a delusional prick that thinks to be better than the next person.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

As a smoker, believe me when I say that I think the $8 or so a pack I'm paying will ease your hurt a little bit. Enjoy that tax money.
    When I used to smoke, it was $10.58 for a pack of Camel Blues...

Never leave your dwelling? Never go into a public space at all? Never meet another person? Every person you ever met, knows you smoke, because you make them ill by being near them.
    I make them ill because.... I sometimes smell like smoke? I don't light up around people that don't smoke and you can't smoke in most public places.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    When I used to smoke, it was $10.58 for a pack of Camel Blues...
    Very dependent on location. In my little rural town it's not nearly as expensive as like NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Pretty arrogant argumentation there, to say the least.

I hope you don't have much of a carbon footprint...
    Because I am pretty sure, you are just as guilty for hurting, or outright killing other people with your daily needs and wants.

I'm a non-smoker. I'm just not a delusional prick that thinks to be better than the next person.

You're "pretty sure". I'm dead certain and have libraries of scientifically proven facts to back me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather spend time with a smoker than a self-righteous prat.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'd much rather spend time with a smoker than a self-righteous prat.
    and your body will hate you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    and your body will hate you for it.
    No it won't, because spending time with a smoker doesn't mean they're smoking around me. The smell of old smoke isn't harmful, no smoker is hurting other people just because they smell like smoke.