Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Only?!

The game is like 3 months old. 30% is generous.
    Yes, only.

Prey is 1 month old and has 34% off.

So far....

Divinity: Dragon Commander
    Toren
    Raiden IV
    Bombshell
    Fairy Fencer F
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Mighty Gunvolt
    E.T. Armies

For $25. There are some other games very much on my radar, but I think that should be more than enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    Yes, only.

Prey is 1 month old and has 34% off.
    Which is very, very unusual for major releases. The reason being though, it's apparently sold pretty poorly. After the lackluster sales of Dishonored 2, Bethesda is hungry for more revenue from their underperforming titles.

So far for me, just the Bioshock Collection.

Has anyone played the Steins;Gate visual novel? I'm not much into VN's but apparently based on reviews this is quite possible one of the greatest ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Has anyone played the Steins;Gate visual novel? I'm not much into VN's but apparently based on reviews this is quite possible one of the greatest ever made?
    I have. I unequivocally deem Steins;Gate my favorite piece of media of all time. Having said that, it's fairly Japanese and quirky, and it takes a while (ten hours?) for the conflict to happen. I clocked around 35 hours on my first playthrough, with some AFKing. I liked it so much I went out and bought it on Steam day one for full price since I originally got it via... other... methods and loved it so much.

Basically: do you like anime and are cool with a slow start? I highly recommend it, then. Are you not cool with either? Then no, don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Prison Architect and Subnautica are two games in a very small pool of games I would consider worth getting while in/finishing/finished Early Access.
    Agreed, Prison Architect feels finished and well worth the price!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bundlestars is also having their sale https://www.bundlestars.com/en/games...,dlc&sale=true

Note: Dead Cells is cheaper on Bundlestars!
    Tropico 5 Complete for $6, Divide by Sheep for $1.99, and the Goat Simulator DLCs I didnt have for $1. Awesome!

I bought Bastion, and Transistor off steam for 2.99 each. Great games for the price. I bought Y's The oath in felghana for 4.49. Would have bought Y's IV too origin too but i already had them.

Someone was looking for Civ VI. MacGameStore has it for $29.99 (http://www.macgamestore.com/product/6241/). WinGameStore normally follows suite. In this case it's a Steam key and I only see a single version on Steam so it's probably the same one anyway but get at your own peril.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Steam Sale was so much more interesting and entertaining when they still had Daily Deals and Flash Sales, something to wait for every day. Now it's just like you've seen it all on the 1st day of the sale.
    The day to day excitement may not be there, but the sale is arguably more consumer friendly now.

Deleted
    For me it just was Syrim SE, as i still had vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Tut tut. You'll have to pay for Skyrim all over again to play Skyrim VR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Tut tut. You'll have to pay for Skyrim all over again to play Skyrim VR.
    Another reason not to buy VR hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    The day to day excitement may not be there, but the sale is arguably more consumer friendly now.
    More consumer friendly at the cost of good deals. If you even use your brain cells for a few seconds and compare the prices now and during flash deals era, you can easily see that the average discounts are way lower now. That this even has to be said... The deals now are crap and because everyone is still acting like the sales are godsend even though they are garbage, they can do whatever they want. Hell I can even walk into an electroic store and buy physical copies at the same price steam offers during sales.
    Best example: everyone being happy about the Xcom2 -67% price and all I can see is that amazon in germany had the same fkin price over several month now.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You think that is wise? You will also have to buy it again once they release the Skyrim HyperMega Remaster for the PS5 and the Xbox XX.

Picked up Playerunknown's Battlegrounds...granted its not on sale but GMG had a 25% off voucher that ended a couple days ago. Game is phenomenal. May actually quit wow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    More consumer friendly at the cost of good deals.
    This is not true. Steam does not set the prices for games, and even if they did, why would that mean flash sales mean better deals? If anything, it would create more headache because of the "new" refund policy.

This is not necessarily aimed at you, Shanden, but I debated not even posting in this thread because I'm quite frankly tired of this "DAE STEAM SALE SUCKS?!" "meme" that's going on. Use sites such as isthereanydeal and shop around - I can't name a single person on my friends list that thinks that the Steam Sales are a "godsend" and only looks at Steam prices. I'm simply exhausted of the constant negativity about saving money of all things. Yes, it is harder to find "godsend" deals probably because it's been more than six major sales for most of us - of course I've bought everything I already wanted, short of new games that will never go that low this early in the games lifespan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    More consumer friendly at the cost of good deals. If you even use your brain cells for a few seconds and compare the prices now and during flash deals era, you can easily see that the average discounts are way lower now. That this even has to be said... The deals now are crap and because everyone is still acting like the sales are godsend even though they are garbage, they can do whatever they want. Hell I can even walk into an electroic store and buy physical copies at the same price steam offers during sales.
    Best example: everyone being happy about the Xcom2 -67% price and all I can see is that amazon in germany had the same fkin price over several month now.
    You're getting very aggro and questioning my intelligence over a comment about a video game sale.

I usually buy one or two games during the sale, and never have much thought to whether games aren't as deeply discounted as during daily or flash sales in years past. If I'm paying $9.99 instead of $6.99 for a game that's marked down from $44.99, I can live with that

I have. I unequivocally deem Steins;Gate my favorite piece of media of all time. Having said that, it's fairly Japanese and quirky, and it takes a while (ten hours?) for the conflict to happen. I clocked around 35 hours on my first playthrough, with some AFKing. I liked it so much I went out and bought it on Steam day one for full price since I originally got it via... other... methods and loved it so much.

Basically: do you like anime and are cool with a slow start? I highly recommend it, then. Are you not cool with either? Then no, don't get it.
    Also agree with this.
    Steins;Gate is the best game you'll ever read.

If you don't want that, at least watch it instead, it's all on Youtube for free from Funimation themselves.

This is not true. Steam does not set the prices for games, and even if they did, why would that mean flash sales mean better deals? If anything, it would create more headache because of the "new" refund policy.

This is not necessarily aimed at you, Shanden, but I debated not even posting in this thread because I'm quite frankly tired of this "DAE STEAM SALE SUCKS?!" "meme" that's going on. Use sites such as isthereanydeal and shop around - I can't name a single person on my friends list that thinks that the Steam Sales are a "godsend" and only looks at Steam prices. I'm simply exhausted of the constant negativity about saving money of all things. Yes, it is harder to find "godsend" deals probably because it's been more than six major sales for most of us - of course I've bought everything I already wanted, short of new games that will never go that low this early in the games lifespan.
    I don't know why the flash deals had so much off in the past (80-90%) but they sure did. Maybe it was to get more attention in a brief time window with an aggressive price cut. Thats what comes to my mind as someone who has no real knowledge about economics. I can't remember any of flash sales days where so many games had a 50% and below tag.
    It is more than obvious that nobody cares anymore. Many prices even go higher so the publishers can offer a huge price cut (daedalic is one of those famous culprits). I seriously question why I have to pay nowdays more than a few years ago for games like FEZ or Spelunky.

The point is there is not much money to be saved or even any at all now when other sources offer way better deals. Most of the times the games are overpriced as shit on steam (Xcom, Ori, Homeworld, just a few that come to mind instantly). Even retailers are better, which would have been a joke back in the days. The "shittalking" you speak of is from my perspective with my home countries prices absolutely justified. The deals are utter fake. So many steam prices are simply 200% higher than retail and the deals make them normal prices.
    The negativity is directly aimed at the prices you see now vs sales back in the days. Everyone likes to save money, of course. Nobody hates that, but fake discounts are simply disgusting to me.

Because the everything is digital nowdays it is normal for alot of publishers to set the prices on absurd levels. Why not, the "copies" won't take any space.
    If people would simply start shunning these joke sales, things would change, but hell no. On the first pages you always read the same garbage and people hyping each others with their endless wishlists. Im more annoyed by the people that let themselves fooled than the publishers that want easy money.
    Like you said, there are better alternatives with better prices. Go and buy there. Steams glorious sale days are over. The steam universe simply got way too big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue Legacy is $2.99. If you don't have it, get it.