Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trust no one not even yourself

Obviously this cop need glasses.

So he will shoot in the head next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Hey look our first person to not read what happened, and make ignorant statements.
    I didn't know reading the OP doesn't count as reading what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    “At this time, a responding officer (36-year old white male with over 8 years of service) just arriving in the area observed this and fearing for his safety and apparently not recognizing the off-duty officer, discharged a shot, striking the off-duty officer in the arm,” the police department said by email.
    You know he got shit on by all the other officers when he got back to the station.

The video in the article and the article paint 2 very different stories. The video has the police interim chief stating that the cops exchanged gun fire with the suspects and that he was hit in the arm during the exchange. The article just makes he seem like he blasted him for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    The video in the article and the article paint 2 very different stories. The video has the police interim chief stating that the cops exchanged gun fire with the suspects and that he was hit in the arm during the exchange. The article just makes he seem like he blasted him for no reason.
    The video was probably an initial press release/statement before they had all the facts.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, I assume from his pov all he sees is this suspect near Police (his comrades) with a gun. I mean, how often does an off duty cop, dressed in civilian clothing, and with a gun in hand, join in on a high-speed car chase (the end of it, at least)? He's not thinking he's friendly.
    Where are you seeing in the article that the black off-duty officer had a gun in his hand? He didn't join in the chase - he came out of his house.

Please, read the article before posting.

Shooting him wasn't. Not recognizing him as an officer was. Which is understandable. He was dressed as a civilian and was off-duty, wielding a gun.
    Wasn't wielding a gun. Jesus, stop with this misinformation campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This really puts the 'he was a criminal and deserved it' crowd in a tough spot, since neither of those could even be remotely true here.
    Given the typical activities of American police, I'd say the former is reasonably probable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Authorities said the injured officer was in his home when he heard a crash. He decided to help officers who had already arrived at the scene, who had exchanged fire with the suspects. His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them."
    Armed and "wielding a gun" are entirely different things. So please read the article carefully next time before posting, and stop misrepresenting the facts (lying).

Also, I said the end of the chase, meaning chase over.
    Those are also two different things, as you just demonstrated.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I didn't know reading the OP doesn't count as reading what happened.

So you read the part about his fellow officers calling him over?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Some armed guy that the rest of the police officers on scene evidently had no issue with.
    Yeah, then some dumbass shot him, not saying that cop isnt' a dumbass saying it had nothing to do with race! He saw someone with a gun and freaked out, he's a moron!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Deleted
    SQUIRREL!

That's what the cop, who shot this off-duty cop, reminds me of. Only, replace squirrel with black guy with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You need to learn the meaning of the phrases you use - 'cause it's pretty obvious this ain't what you claim. But nice click baiting!

(see what I did there?)

How about you read the article first, then comment, eh? It was a cop firing on a black man without going through proper procedure. Just in case facts matter to you, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, I believe you are in the home-run stretch already. Usually I'm a fan of getting to the bottom of any incident before making judgments, but this was just too rich to ignore.
    He didn't shoot at him for being black he shot at him for being ARMED! But you're a race baiter!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he came out there with a kitchen knife instead, where knew there was fire being exchanged .

The guy was "armed", meaning he had a gun.
    Which is different than wielding a gun. Just stop lying, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So you read the part about his fellow officers calling him over?
    Yes...
    /10
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    He didn't shoot at him for being black he shot at him for being ARMED!
    You absolutely, indubitably can not know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit of "don't run towards a situation involving a fire fight while you look like a civilian" and a bit of "don't shoot someone who is clearly helping" but we would have to see video to know how it went down.
    Yes...
    /10

Does not compute. His follow officers cleared him and called him over. He didn't run into a fire fight.

Deleted
    All this is going to boil down to is more blind, unquestioning uniform worship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? What do you think he came armed with?

sematics, but

wielding = holding it in hand.
    armed = on persons

I don't understand why race has any significance to the story. Seems like it was was an accident, which is understandable.
    Because "Officer is shot by fellow officer who didn't recognize him as he approached while armed" isn't going to make as much money and buzz on a news story; You have to sell that racism because the rhetoric makes for a better news story.

You can't sell racism without reinforcement, and the news saw their chance and took it. If it had been any other race involved, you might have heard a blurb about it, but no one would make an issue out of it. Because it was officer on black, push it for all it's worth because "Those cops love shooting blacks so much, they'll even shoot black cops without asking questions!"

I'm not saying the guy was right for shooting, but none of us were there and there is way too little information to be had. Was the black plainclothes officer walking up behind the cops with his gun out? Was there a radio call saying "armed man coming towards the cops" but no follow up letting everyone know the situation was all clear? We don't know. Jumping to the racism card right away though, that's just pathetic.