Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    In my opinion LFR should be scrapped as a difficulty and then;

Normal mode tuned so it's in between current LFR and normal levels of difficulty.
    Have item level loot similar to current normal.
    Able to be queued for.

Normal (Difficulty between current LFR and current Normal) -> Heroic (same tuning as current) -> Mythic (Same tuning as current)
    So you really want to scrap normal mode? Making a slightly harder (Let's be honest normal really isn't too much of a step up) LFR doesn't make it not LFR.

7+ Year Old Account
    Delete arena and LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple.

Most players do not raid N/H/M.

All those people who don't do N+ raids stay subscribed to see the content on LFR mode.

Delaying LFR completions = 2 months' subscription from people who don't care to do N+ raids.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Delaying LFR completions = 2 months' subscription from people who don't care to do N+ raids.
    So since nothing has changed that means one of two things. Either Blizz couldn't care less if people drop their sub to wait on LFR to open or the people claiming to quit because of the delay are full of shit.

Now that I think about it it's probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    So since nothing has changed that means one of two things. Either Blizz couldn't care less if people drop their sub to wait on LFR to open or the people claiming to quit because of the delay are full of shit.

Now that I think about it it's probably both.
    It's all about money vs what you get from it. If I pay $15 a month and I feel like I'm being restricted form content so I pay more... Well, there are other games.

LFR (currently) is timegated for a number of reasons.

The first is to give something special to normal/heroic/mythic raiders. Part of the enjoyment, at least for some of us, is seeing the raid. It would make it much less special if anyone who could que for LFR could see it.

The second is titanforging, tier, and trinkets. If LFR released at the start of the tier, it would be mandatory for mythic raiders to complete it, since there's a chance at tier titanforging into a valuable piece. The same applies to trinkets, such as DoS or the Owl. Blizz already knows there's too much for mythic raiders to do, we don't need another mandatory difficulty.

Third is to give time to players to get gear. Most people who raid only LFR may not realize this, but the number of people who are capable of doing LFR in the gear they have at the time of the tier launch, but who also don't raid at least normal difficulty, is extremely low. If LFR came out the same day as the rest of the tier, then either people would take forever to get into a raid (look at how long it takes already), or the ilvl requirement would be lower, and people would go in with insignificant gear (yes, I know the idea of LFR seems ridiculous, but that's purely because the mechanics are negligible to the gear level of the group).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    LFR is a intended way for it to be played otherwise that system wouldn't be in the game. It being gated was done to please a small minority and that needs to change.
    It being a thing at all is to please a small minority of the players. As they have said plenty of times it is a way to allow people to see the content, which they can still do they just have to wait a bit. Not being able to instantly jump into content so watered down 2/3 of the group could put people on follow and you would still clear it is a fair delay.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It is because of LFR that devs was able to spend more resources on raiding than prior and come out with things like 16 boss raid tiers. Take note those additional resources did not come out of thin air.
    So where did the resources go now that we're getting 10 and 9 boss raid tiers instead of 16?

You say they are gating LFR but that's the wrong way to look at it because the content is still available for you.

The content itself is not gated, if you don't like that the easiest difficulty is gated away then try the next version up, because "normal" mode isn't hard at all, and is easier than what normal mode used to be prior to the introduction of mythic (e.g normal mode now is far easier than it was back in Wrath, heroic now would be the equivalent to normal mode back in wrath).

If you absolutely CANNOT defeat normal mode, then I guess we need to add in an LFR version of normal mode dungeons and gate them 2 months as well, and those dungeons are actually harder than LFR raids.

Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    So where did the resources go now that we're getting 10 and 9 boss raid tiers instead of 16?
    8.0 - not exackly rocket science.

wow is not hot shit anymore we can expect mroe and more cuts from game while they will be reducing their wow stuff relocating them to other projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    That's Blizzard's "tired excuse" from when they RELEASED LFR. Not enough people were seeing raids to justify the time they spent making them, so they had a choice: Either stop making raids, or get more people to see them.
    Quote from Ion Hazzikostas:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts
    Only a handful of people saw Kel'thuzad because of logistical reasons. Things they fixed adequately later on with flex, crz, premade finder and two difficulties.

Falling back on Vanilla as a reason for LFR is so bad as a point, because it was a hellhole dire experience in regards to logistics, that of course it was going to have horrible numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It grew from a healthy and steady progressions system where you advanced though content by either skill or farming it till you have enough gear to fudge the skill check.

When they started everyone should see everything development the decay started.

Exactly. People don't stick around long when they can out-gear the content in 1 week and be done with everything at their level. Only few people do Mythic raids, the rest just get their welfare, do somethings a few time and then are done basically.

It's no secret that at the same time they started adding insane welfare to the game, the appearance of content droughts sprung up for the large majority of players.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-06-24 at 11:00 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Only a handful of people saw Kel'thuzad because of logistical reasons. Things they fixed adequately later on with flex, crz, premade finder and two difficulties.

Falling back on Vanilla as a reason for LFR is so bad as a point, because it was a hellhole dire experience in regards to logistics, that of course it was going to have horrible numbers.

Exactly. People don't stick around long when they can out-gear the content in 1 week and be done with everything at their level. Only few people do Mythic raids, the rest just get their welfare, do somethings a few time and then are done basically.

It's no secret that at the same time they started adding insane welfare to the game, the appearance of content droughts sprung up for the large majority of players.
    Actually your last point is wrong.

The first grossly ovèrpowered gear like that was in sunwell arguably one of the hardest tiers ever released.

I do love tbc but if we are being honest that is the expac welfare gear started with pvp and the second badge vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually your last point is wrong.

The first grossly ovèrpowered gear like that was in sunwell arguably one of the hardest tiers ever released.

I do love tbc but if we are being honest that is the expac welfare gear started with pvp and the second badge vendor.
    And u know what happened in May/June area of 2008? Everyone (95%) and their mum just ran H MGT once each day (Lockout extended time here a lot) over and over or farmed sunwell trash at the start for the spear and other BoE. They are lucky it was so close to Wrath release and they had the isle progression take time. Because they killed basically everything else in terms of relevant content.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-06-24 at 01:55 PM.

And u know what happened in May/June area of 2008? Everyone (95%) and their mum just ran H MGT once each day (Lockout extended time here a lot) over and over or farmed sunwell trash at the start for the spear and other BoE. They are lucky it was so close to Wrath release and they had the isle progression take time. Because they killed basically everything else in terms of relevant content.
    Sunwell trash perhaps. I recall a lot of groups struggling with H MGT hence the whole lets take 2-3 mages becoming a thing.

To pretend that people had killed everything is a bit disingenuous most where around tk/ssc in terms of progression or kara/za

I don't disagree with your stance but its important to keep the facts straight.

Deleted
    They are lucky it was so close to Wrath release
    "So close" being 8 months.
    It didn't feel very close at the time to me.

Remove loot from LFR. Then you can have it from the get-go.

Since all you want to experience is the *story* it shouldn't matter right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell trash perhaps. I recall a lot of groups struggling with H MGT hence the whole lets take 2-3 mages becoming a thing.

To pretend that people had killed everything is a bit disingenuous most where around tk/ssc in terms of progression or kara/za

I don't disagree with your stance but its important to keep the facts straight.
    When I said they killed basically everything else I meant "Blizzard" killed everything else. Made it useless, obsolete etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep complained about it before, Also in mist the gating time was shorter. There is no reason for it now.

There is nothing to gain from it and it only punishes those who wish to do the content this way.
    Honestly, you must not care very much about it since you continue to subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Remove loot from LFR. Then you can have it from the get-go.

Since all you want to experience is the *story* it shouldn't matter right?
    lets remove loot from mythic then first .

since all you want to experience is "chalenge" it shouldnt't matter right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Again, NOTHING is stopping you from pugging. If you don't like how people run their pugs make your own and stop whining.
    Ignorant assumption again.
    You still keep claiming that for no reason, 0nly because it isn't applying to YOU.
    Real life making commitment to a duration difficult.
    Hence the split wings format of LFR offering something that the longer traditional format cannot.

You just have in your mind there can't be any reason, because YOU don't have said reason.
    Well I am not you, and I do have my reasons as much as you refuse to believe that.

I recognise that people who aren't me have a different experience of the game.
    You just want to blame someone else instead of looking at the real reason that traditional raiding isn't accessible.
    Player-created barriers which are as hard as those creating them want them to be.
    You have a choice to raise them, or lower them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-24 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.