Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They are doing this merge because sub number is below 2 mil.
    this is the most probably cause.

their subs are tanking bad and ToS seems to be pretty mediocre raid which means no decent cntent till august or 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I hope not. Not every fucking one wants to be on a fucking huge server. If they did, they'd have moved there on their own for fuck's sake. I like my quiet little servers. If I want to raid or do group content, I have the LFG tool or OpenRaid. There's absolutely no reason for server merges. Free voluntary server transfers for those who want off? Sure. But not mergers.
    That's not necessarily true. I know plenty of people that play on dead servers but won't move because they either aren't willing to pay Blizzard the cash to move (especially for people who maintain a huge stable of alts and could be looking at hundreds of dollars) or because it's where they've played forever. Unless they make server transfers off dead realms free, you can't really say that people who don't want to be on a populated server would have already moved there. Of course, they would also probably never do that because it's a cash cow for them that literally costs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is the most probably cause.

their subs are tanking bad and ToS seems to be pretty mediocre raid which means no decent cntent till august or 8.0
    Posts like this are why I enjoy browsing forums.

All speculation and zero hard data to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, they don't need tests for connecting servers as they already did so.

It's rather a test for some greater tech, perhaps to get rid of servers and realms as a whole, except for namegiving purposes.
    The game/tech has changed immensly since they last connected realms. It's something they would surely test before doing again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    This thread is going to be fucking FILLED with the doomsayers. Like flies to shit.
    Legion is a failure. Thats true. Legion sub number is lower than wod. Blizz wants to merge servers (mid-expansion) because 90% of all realms are dead.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Legion is a failure. Thats true. Legion sub number is lower than wod. Blizz wants to merge servers (mid-expansion) because 90% of all realms are dead.
    Prove it, or shut up. Blizzard doesn't post sub numbers anymore so you're talking out of your ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Prove it, or shut up. Blizzard doesn't post sub numbers anymore so you're talking out of your ass.
    1. http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1
    So in your opinion Legion is great and has 7-10 mil subs.
    2.Go to realm list and compare it to 6.2.2 realm population status.
    Pretty much dead
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-06-24 at 06:24 PM.

Something will go wrong, and then it'll be our fault because we didn't test it enough for them, I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Something will go wrong, and then it'll be our fault because we didn't test it enough for them, I guarantee it.
    Wrong game. That's Rift that blames players for not testing content if it comes out with bugs.

according to warcraftrealms wow has been dead since 2006 9_9

Lol warcraftrealms.

Still waiting on actual proof.

He is proving it. He SAID SO. That should be good enough for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol warcraftrealms.

Still waiting on actual proof.
    http://imgur.com/a/fIpwP
    as I said.
    Game is mostly dead.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I think it's moving toward a no realm format.
    This would be a godsend.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

They are doing this merge because sub number is below 2 mil.
    You got source on that?

1. http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1
    So in your opinion Legion is great and has 7-10 mil subs.
    2.Go to realm list and compare it to 6.2.2 realm population status.
    Pretty much dead
    I'm not sure you should go with a website that relies on an addon most the playbase doesn't even know exists. The only way to get somewhat reliable data would be with something that scrubs the armory and reports on characters that meet certain criteria. Of course then you'd end up with tons of alts reported even if the scrubber tried to compare achievements. So in the end there's no real good way to get an accurate number.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/fIpwP
    as I said.
    Game is mostly dead.
    This is purest bullshit although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know that they greatly increased realm capacities overnight some time ago. Most full realms went to medium and medium realms went to low in the space of six hours.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That'd be awesome. There are a lot of servers that could use like 10X as many players.
    Even on the bigger servers I'd love to see even ratios between horde and alliance. Something like Sargeras and Bleeding Hollow for example, one is alliance dominated and the other is horde dominated. I actually liked how FFXI didn't let you pick a server unless your friend on that server bought a code with Gil, it was cheap but it kept the servers from being mostly balanced from what I remember.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blackrock-US was merged with a large PVP server(preferably one with a heavy Alliance population), that would probably be enough to get me to buy Legion and re-sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Even on the bigger servers I'd love to see even ratios between horde and alliance. Something like Sargeras and Bleeding Hollow for example, one is alliance dominated and the other is horde dominated. I actually liked how FFXI didn't let you pick a server unless your friend on that server bought a code with Gil, it was cheap but it kept the servers from being mostly balanced from what I remember.
    This runs into the issue that the population overall across all servers leans to Horde and even more so on PVP realms. You can't get to balanced if the ratios of the entire population are off. Also, it's worth noting that for PVP realms that are extremely out-of-balance with respect to one faction or another many of the residents prefer it that way. I don't know why you sign up for a PVP realm to not PVP although I'm aware that the large PVP realms over the years have birthed some of the best raiding guilds in the game. Agree that it could be closer but it's worth considering that imbalanced realms like this are that way for a reason.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."